Author Topic: Conversations with an Islamic Jihadist  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Re: Conversations with an Islamic Jihadist
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:56 am »
Right in the gut. I'm devastated. I'm gonna Robin Williams myself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 12:21:45 am »
Right in the gut. I'm devastated. I'm gonna Robin Williams myself.
I would too, if I looked like you.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 12:23:02 am »
I wish I was your child. Being raised by such a good man. I would be a world leader. A positive influence on all.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 12:24:23 am »
+1
Fuck the Ottoman Empire.

Also, what is the problem with mixing people's and religions? Seems to me like it's just reinforcing Oberyn's point that the Middle East is a backward, tribalist and intolerant place. Although to be fair, any place where religion has significant sway is going to become fucked up.

I never said that the Middle East is not intolerant or backwards. It's quite a horrible place. What I wanted to say is that mixing up people that are backwards, nationalistic and secterian is not a good idea, just like how in American prisons different gangs and races are seperated. I mean Ireland was violent and sectarian and that's not the Middle east.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 12:24:36 am »
+1
I'm not trying to defend Baathism or anything. But Baathism wasn't a religious faction, atleast compared to ISIS or other factions trying to impose Sharia law. The attrocities done to the Kurds wasn't inspired by religion, considering both Saddam and most Kurds are Sunni. Wasn't it the US that promoted the kurds to form resistance during the Kuwait invasion which ended up with not removing Saddam, which left the Kurds alone to get massacred by the Iraqi army? And didn't the Shia insurgency fight the Americans too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY

Now I can't be bothered reading into the entire Iraq wars just to prove the West role in the destabilization. My point is simply that even though these regions are fucked up, sending military in to depose leaders will only make things worse. I don't believe the US genuinely tried repair the country after the war. Many poor decisions were made like disbanding the police force and the army. Just like with Afghanistan, where money is being thrown to the government to build top notch power plants that aren't even used and they keep importing electricity from Uzbekistan, buying broken helicopters when they dont even have trained pilots.

*Edit* I never said the ONLY reason for the instability is the West, I said its a main contributor.

Oh I completely agree that the neocon ideologues who were put in charge of Iraq following the invasion were incompetent and completely ignorant of the true nature of Iraqis, or rather the different ethnic groups in Iraq, and that debaathification was one of the most retarded things they could have done. The point is, the terrorists didn't "appear", they were there all along. The only thing keeping them from coming to a boil was the control Saddam had over them through fear and violence.
Not sure how that removes the onus of responsability from them. Are they children? Are the dogs? Do even other muslims expect these places to fall into complete chaos unless a violent tyrant oppresses them constantly? That's definetely the impression I get when I see them blame the "west" for ISIS. As if these places are inherently power kegs, and the people living in them are just leaves blown in the wind, with no agency or responsability.
And that's ignoring the flood of wahhabist and salafist bullshit gleefully stoking these fires, coming mostly from other muslim countries, ironically mostly the "rich" ones that have been at peace for the longest.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:41 am »
+1
The post-modernist cultural marxists do bear a lot of the blame. These hypocritical fuckers are the first to talk shit about oppresive KKKhristians and their awful conservative mores, but try to bring up how much more backwards and fucked up the average muslim mores are and they cry racism and "islamophobia".

Deconstruct and talk shit about western nations, saying they're "fake", that there is no such thing as a "french" culture or identity, doing everything they can to obliterate any sense of belonging or community, but the immigrants? Those "noble savages" have their own culture and identity, you can't expect them to integrate you fascist! They are beautiful and unique cultures, we can't taint them with our disgusting capitalist, colonialist, imperialist false consciousness!

And of course they completely fail to realize their very existence is dependent on western culture. Strangely enough, these traitorous parasitical bundle of stickss exist only in the west, the only places on the planet where this sort of criticism is acceptable and the consequences for it non-existant. All those ivory tower academics wouldn't last a week in all the "noble savage" cultures they defend endlessly, where the slightest hint of deviance is punished harshly. It's as if red blood cells aquired sentience and started doing everything possible to dismantle and destroy white blood cells, the only thing ensuring their existence. They're a fucking disease and they're killing us, slowly but surely.

Aren't you projecting a little bit? I'm sure there are many white guilt people such as you describe and they are stupid (and I challenge you to find true academics with that position). However there is a difference between them and those that believe the state should be truly neutral. France, for example, is actually doing a pretty good job with that, resisting to the "confessional exceptions" that is rampant in anglo-saxon countries.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 12:26:30 am »
I never said that the Middle East is not intolerant or backwards. It's quite a horrible place. What I wanted to say is that mixing up people that are backwards, nationalistic and secterian is not a good idea, just like how in American prisons different gangs and races are seperated. I mean Ireland was violent and sectarian and that's not the Middle east.
Ireland was violent, but in a very different way and for very different reasons. And nobody blamed "the West" for it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 12:28:17 am »
I wonder how a lot of you would react if your houses and families and everyone you knew were bombed for years, and you weren't "extremists" or anything else, just living your lives. Probably just whip and curse yourselves for being the wrong religion, huh?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 12:28:56 am »
Have a look sometime, the huge majority of the post-modernist cultural marxist philosophy was spawned in France, by french philosophers and social "scientists". It may not have taken hold as fervently as in other academic institutions, but it informed and continues to inform a lot of the deliberate social engineering and immigration policy.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 12:29:28 am »
+1
I wonder how a lot of you would react if your houses and families and everyone you knew were bombed for years, and you weren't "extremists" or anything else, just living your lives. Probably just whip and curse yourselves for being the wrong religion, huh?
Oh, I know.... I'd gather up all my buddies and go kill some of my own people because their interpretation of my religion was slightly different from mine. That'll show those bombers!!!!!!!!!

After that I'd fuck some farm animals, because that's the ultimate insult to the Western pigs.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 12:31:48 am »
+1
Ireland was violent, but in a very different way and for very different reasons. And nobody blamed "the West" for it.

If Ireland was in any way similar to any of the conflicts in the muslim world, you would've had catholics and protestants the world over coming to fight. It was always more of an ethnic conflict than a strictly religious one. Really the only outside help came from americans with irish ancestry. Weird, the pope didn't call for a crusade or anything, and no protestant priests calling for the eradication of the disgusting papists. Could be because Europe left wars of religion behind hundreds of years ago.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:38:47 am by Oberyn »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:11 am »

Ultimately, the English crown had a lot of responsibility for the north Ireland situation. Certainly not all of it though.

I'd go away and find some decent place to live. Religion, ground and other people in general are not worth my life.

Have a look sometime, the huge majority of the post-modernist cultural marxist philosophy was spawned in France, by french philosophers and social "scientists". It may not have taken hold as fervently as in other academic institutions, but it informed and continues to inform a lot of the deliberate social engineering and immigration policy.

I don't know about that. What I know is that France was home of the French Revolution and today has very strictly secular laws.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 12:38:09 am »
Ultimately, the English crown had a lot of responsibility for the north Ireland situation. Certainly not all of it though.
Uh, well, sure - England is Ireland's neighbor and was directly influencing Ireland. That's very different from claiming countries from half the world over are the reason Ireland was fucked up.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 12:38:39 am »
+1
I think you guys should read my post again. I didn't say Ireland is like the Middle east. I was responding to Swaggart's point with why it's bad to mix more than one type of backwards  people, anywhere in the world.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 12:39:59 am »
lol dude, you're trying to get these people to be reasonable and rational? Look at what you're dealing with here. Lower thems expectations.