Author Topic: Why doesn't strat have some kind of end game reward?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline ETOR_Holokron

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Have No Fear Holokron is Here
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Holokron_BlackCompany
Why doesn't strat have some kind of end game reward?
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »
+1
Why doesn't strat have some kind of end game reward, for being the winning faction?
Like have give 10 looms points to the winning team, Maybe custom weapons or armor, a map made to honor the winning faction. Maybe winning faction added so kind of hall of frame.
Or you have to pay taxes to the winning team for as long as strat is down before a new starts again.

P.S. Sorry for double posting  not sure where this goes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:49:03 pm by ETOR_Holokron »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Why doesn't strat have some kind of end game reward?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 04:29:54 am »
The original plan was renown was supposed to give rewards but last strat it got all out of whack with all the people who got the dupe bug getting top of the list.  No bugs like that so far this strat so i really think they should implement it based on renown (our clan having 7 of the top 10 renown levels has absolutely nothing to do with this opinion  :wink: )
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 08:35:13 am »
End game rewards are bragging rights for the forum :P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline ETOR_Holokron

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Have No Fear Holokron is Here
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Holokron_BlackCompany
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 11:34:44 am »
End game rewards are bragging rights for the forum :P

Yeah braggin rigths are nice but sometimes its not enough to keep factions from going inactive.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:13:23 pm »
+1
Why doesn't strat have some kind of end game reward, for being the winning faction?
Like have give 10 looms points to the winning team, Maybe custom weapons or armor, a map made to honor the winning faction. Maybe winning faction added so kind of hall of frame.
Or you have to pay taxes to the winning team for as long as strat is down before a new starts again.

P.S. Sorry for double posting  not sure where this goes.

Because UIF would actually be rewarded for taking over the whole of EU.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:46:05 pm »
+1

Lol. Valore farm in NA then go back to EU on the last days.

(click to show/hide)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »

Then lie in wait with enough people to be able to spring attacks on a bunch of fiefs the couple days before strat goes down. Take the fiefs and laugh at the fact that they can't take them back. Watch them rage.

There's gotta be enough people pissed at UIF to do this in EU.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 06:25:37 pm »
+1
There's gotta be enough people pissed at UIF to do this in EU.

There are.
Problem is that 90% of them work only towards their own benefit. That is the reason why forming an anti UIF alliance did not work in the first place.

Nearly everybody will try to backstab others every chance they get so they will have the most fiefs/renown/whatever in the end.

That will never change since the playerbase does not change at all (Except for a few new guys, who basically will not be able to do anything on Strat anyway)

Same as what happened in NA, everybody and their mothers were being like "If UIF invades NA we will kick their asses!".

In the end loads of NAs signed up for UIF just cause they attacked Kesh (The enemy of my enemy is my friend-style).

There are only very few left willing to work towards the greater good. And these people are usually the ones most likely to get backstabbed by the rest.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 06:32:17 pm »
There are.
Problem is that 90% of them work only towards their own benefit. That is the reason why forming an anti UIF alliance did not work in the first place.

Nearly everybody will try to backstab others every chance they get so they will have the most fiefs/renown/whatever in the end.

That will never change since the playerbase does not change at all (Except for a few new guys, who basically will not be able to do anything on Strat anyway)

Then set it up the 3 days before strat ends or w/e. That way you can set up a huge amount of attacks that the UIF can't win them all plus huge amounts of xp as well as the fact that if they want to betray the others, its not like its a huge loss unless they sign up for the UIF.

Same as what happened in NA, everybody and their mothers were being like "If UIF invades NA we will kick their asses!".

In the end loads of NAs signed up for UIF just cause they attacked Kesh (The enemy of my enemy is my friend-style).

There are only very few left willing to work towards the greater good. And these people are usually the ones most likely to get backstabbed by the rest.

Yeah well the UIF didn't do so well either when they 'invaded'. But yeah I see what you're saying.

Regardless I don't see the issue when leaving so little time for the betrayal to matter.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 06:34:46 pm »
+1
Then set it up the 3 days before strat ends or w/e. That way you can set up a huge amount of attacks that the UIF can't win them all plus huge amounts of xp as well as the fact that if they want to betray the others, its not like its a huge loss unless they sign up for the UIF.

Yeah well the UIF didn't do so well either when they 'invaded'. But yeah I see what you're saying.

Regardless I don't see the issue when leaving so little time for the betrayal to matter.

Would work, if they would not attack each other rather than UIF :D

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 01:27:35 am »

Not true.  Kesh had a full roster. NA's signed up for EU because they wanted to be in that battle and gain experience, and even then, I don't think it was a lot of them.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 02:59:31 am »
+1
A few mega haters signed against because they can not seem to get over themselves but I would say the majority signed for us and we were much better off after the attacks. The other side filled up mainly because our roster filled up and they joined the other side to participate in the battle.
Leader of BS