Author Topic: Remove the ability to take a dagger with a shield  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: Remove the ability to take a dagger with a shield
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 06:58:05 pm »
I rarely have problems with a dagger guy in a 1v1. The only problem is when they have friends or tight areas.

Let them have their shields.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »
What ? 9/27 or 9/30 is enough to rape anything living on the server.

Think about how much of your incoming damage comes from horse bumps (friendly and enemy), teamhits, and random projectiles. Now multiply that by 2-4 (depending on how much armor you wear), while reducing your hit points by a half to a third. Then think about how quickly you would die every round. Whenever I encounter these dagger/shield agi guys on siege, I just hit them with neutral shield nudges; it only takes 2-3 to kill them with my 21b nudges.

The most terrifying dagger user in NA is Bendak, who has nearly 70 body armor (and doesn't use a shield). He gets almost all his kills by holding a stab while running away to get enemies to follow him, then quickly turns around to unleash a held head strike with max speed bonus. It does more damage than a Great Maul usually. He is always near the top of the scoreboard as it is, if he used a shield (buckler works best), he would drown in tears.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 07:11:43 pm »
Generally, if I get bumped while having 9+ athletics , I'm doing mistakes. The only bad thing with those builds are teamhits, otherwise, stay behind your team, and rush to steal kills, get valour, and enjoy being an annoying prick. The worst is they don't even pay repairs, so, they gain like 50k for some hours played.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »
+2
Daggerwhores are easy to spam. Yes. It is easy to spam them, because of their low reach.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 07:20:21 pm »
Daggerwhores are easy to spam. Yes. It is easy to spam them, because of their low reach.

What do you think I'm doing everytime ?

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 07:22:00 pm »
+2
QQing? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 07:22:17 pm »
Fine, what's the problem with them then? Why do you think they should be removed?

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 07:26:15 pm »
+1
Fine, what's the problem with them then? Why do you think they should be removed?

They pay no repair at all, kill most people in 5 hits max, what else ? Oh, and they can take a shield to protect themselves from arrows and ganks.

Also, yes, I'm QQing a lot, but some things are serious in my tears.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 07:27:26 pm »
+5
get a shield lol

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »
They pay no repair at all, kill most people in 5 hits max, what else ? Oh, and they can take a shield to protect themselves from arrows and ganks.

Also, yes, I'm QQing a lot, but some things are serious in my tears.
While this all is true, what is the problem exactly? If all above didn't make them OP, why are you complaining?

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 09:14:06 pm »
The OP part is the fact they can kill you in three hits while paying nothing and get at the same time almost immune to ganks and arrows while they shouldn't even be able to block a melee hit without their shield (can't parry perk).

But nevermind, people prefer having BS stuff like bumpslash or dagger with shield in the game, I simply can't be arsed to talk with people that don't want over-powered shit in game, but don't realize this is exactly the OP stuff they don't want in this mod . Have fun abusing every retarded mechanics, since you like it.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 10:55:25 pm »
Nerfing speed bonus would go a long way to fixing these builds.

Why do most daggers gain +4 damage at max loom? It's not like they do low damage relative to their cost to begin with.

Fuck you Every Agi-Whore Ever!

Infantry speed bonus definitely needs to be scaled down, at least for stabs. If I stab a guy with a knife, how fast I'm running isn't going to affect the severity of his stab wound.

The Rondel should get +4 pierce, since it doesn't have sideswings. But yeah, the other daggers shouldn't get such huge heirloom bonuses.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 11:39:07 pm »
+3
The OP part is the fact they can kill you in three hits while paying nothing and get at the same time almost immune to ganks and arrows while they shouldn't even be able to block a melee hit without their shield (can't parry perk).

But nevermind, people prefer having BS stuff like bumpslash or dagger with shield in the game, I simply can't be arsed to talk with people that don't want over-powered shit in game, but don't realize this is exactly the OP stuff they don't want in this mod . Have fun abusing every retarded mechanics, since you like it.

U mad ? Cryin bcause you get pwned by ur countr. It's liek when peolpe cry about rnaged and I'm like "hello, ranged is the counter to everything, if u get killd by ranged get a shield lol". stop being so hyporictical!!!!!! get a shield u 2!!!!!!!!

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 11:42:33 pm »
PLEASE, where is the realism, tell me.

How is it realistic to be unabled to take a dagger with shield?
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 12:00:37 am »
+3
The extremely limited and shitty-looking warband combat system is at it's worst with gimmick builds like dagger and shield. It looks awful.

The only way dagger and shield should be effective is in a shieldwall, but because of the warband combat system, the uselessness of shieldwalls in actual melee, and the speed of backpedalers forces dagger-shields to run around like Sonic the Hedgehog. Doesnt help that big steel shields dont require any strength.

How are dagger shielders unrealistic compared to all the bullshit going on everywhere ? They are as fast as you would expect, which is NOT the case of basically every single polearm and most melee weapons in general. You can't lolstab with a dagger because it's too short, can can't drag your attacks around because you don't have time to do so. You can't attack while backpedalling because you will miss. The only problem with daggers is that the extreme lack of reach forces the user to facehug its target, a situation in which problems with character collision and lag compensation (typically, your enemy teleports behind you) occur very frequently. However, this can happen with every weapon. Actually it's one of the least nonsensical playstyles around.