Author Topic: H0w tO B3 G00d W1th FREE dOWNl0aD  (Read 6437 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: H0w tO B3 G00d W1th FREE dOWNl0aD
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:47 pm »
+1
Please explain. If anything, this will cause fighting to be more challenging, as players will be able to block more effectively.. which some people will feel is a good thing, some people will feel its a bad thing.

BTW, Not all weapons are colored, there is (i think) 2 one-handers not colored, as well as the Nodachi, and the Estoc.

This is a complicated question.  I'll address it the best I can in a couple mins I have.

-On e everyone uses it, it does not make more challenging. It makes it more challenging to Kill, but it makes it easier to survive. So lots of people blocking not many people dying. This makes the mod dull, and in the long term, ruined.

-Immersion makes a game fun.  This kills it, contributing to the ruination of the mod.
Sure, I don't have to use it -- but if it picks up and many people use it, those that are left behind are at a pretty good disadvantage.  This kills the fun, contributing to the ruination of the mod.

-The colors, the blazing rainbow retardedness...it ruins the mod in the same way that giving everyone jet packs would run the mod.  Or giving everyone anti-grav shoes, or flying carpets.  Sure, I don't have to use it myself...but...you know what I mean.  It is utterly and completely out of place, ugly, and wrong on every level I can think of.

Keeping the number of people who use this abomination to the absolute lowest number possible is in our best interest.

How does it ruin my life though?  Well CRPG is a exceedingly unique beautiful flower.  When a masterpiece is pissed on, it makes my heart sad.  Think upon what you have done.  You have urinated on the Mona Lisa and you are asking others to do the same. You monster.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:07:37 am by Penitent »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 12:31:08 am »
Good shit, IMO remove all kind of shit that blocks sight like fog and rain and bushes etc and speed the game up by 300%, add these neon weapons (current models just look flat etc and animations can freak out as well), AND FUCKING VOILÁ, mod is alive, best mod ever.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 12:32:53 am »
+1
Not sure why you would ever want to make your game look like that.  To me this blurs the lines of playing the game legitimately.  Could always create a different mod and name it cRPG - TRON edition.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2014, 01:04:22 am »
+3
Could always create a different mod and name it cRPG - TRON edition.
I would play that, at least we could then drop the "realism" pretense and have fun and interesting maps again.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 01:18:58 am »
Anyone who alters text files to flatten vegetation, make weapons obvious, macros etc etc is kinda missing the point of a fairly immersive fun little game. As for making something to detect it dream on, any decent coder will be able to alter messages from his computer to cover anything (including autoblock) so I think its just a case of forget people do stuff like this and just enjoy the game. Does it make any difference to you if someone reduced his game experience to make combat easier for himself?

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 01:52:47 am »
+2
i like it, the rainbow colors bring out the homosexual tendencies of crpg players
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 02:08:20 am »
+3
I laugh every time someone claims cRPG is "immersive."

I'm so immersed when I see men running around in dresses with huge wooden hammers, mongols shooting arrows into ninjas while a two-hander in full plate outruns a peasant and a lancer is desperately trying to overcome his full-body paralysis to hit the guy (who probably looks like he escaped from some futuristic fashion show) just slightly to his right... and all this plays out in beautiful 2005 graphics, the perennial high pitched voice spamming being the spice of it all.

Immersed? Shit, man, I feel like I'm practically there.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 05:31:46 am »
+2
I laugh every time someone claims cRPG is "immersive."

I'm so immersed when I see men running around in dresses with huge wooden hammers, mongols shooting arrows into ninjas while a two-hander in full plate outruns a peasant and a lancer is desperately trying to overcome his full-body paralysis to hit the guy (who probably looks like he escaped from some futuristic fashion show) just slightly to his right... and all this plays out in beautiful 2005 graphics, the perennial high pitched voice spamming being the spice of it all.

Immersed? Shit, man, I feel like I'm practically there.

The one that kills it for me is the amount of women on the battlefield, that is just so unrealistic and destroys what little immersion is left. There just weren't that many women on the battlefield, someone had to make the sandwiches.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 08:39:43 am »
+1
i wonder how many people  actually use this now
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 07:20:42 pm »
I wanted to try it but only the throwing weapons are colored. Help !

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:47 pm »
i wonder how many people  actually use this now

I gave it a try for a couple rounds and didn't like it--but I was almost certain from the start that I wouldn't so no surprise there.  It had no meaningful effect on my ability to see swings during those rounds (NA1//daytime//no fog).  If I had tried it on NA2 or in any mode when it's foggy, however, then it probably would have done something for me.  I'm not the kind of person to use third party mods to gain advantage over other players though; besides, I'd much rather use Finalboss' heirloom pack.

Lots of players using this kind of cheats: colored weapons, no fog, no flora ...

Devs please make detection for these files.
Any changes with texture files = not able to join servers.

No.  That would nix the heirloom mod, Korgoth's retextures, realistic colors etc.  Fuck that.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:45 pm »
+2
I wanted to try it but only the throwing weapons are colored. Help !
try re-installing the final boss's heirloom pack, then, put the colored weapons files into Modules>Crpg>Resources
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2014, 02:41:57 am »
BUMP, can an admin sticky this? it needs to be known.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »
BUMP, can an admin sticky this? it needs to be known.

You are making everything worse man.  Just let it die if no one else is expressing interest in the topic.

Oh wait, you can see that your original post has like -36 votes.  I fell for the oldest troll trick The book!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2014, 10:28:10 pm »
+1
This is why we can't have nice things. Hopefully it'll provoke devs into forbidding modified files at all. Too bad for all the legitimate modified files like more metal sounds, heirloom pack, better textures, etc. bundle of stickss ruin everything.