Author Topic: Members of the Melee Gaming Team  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Members of the Melee Gaming Team
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 07:43:22 pm »
+1
...or your just shrug your shoulders and move on, like the rest of does.  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 07:52:25 pm »
Did you happen to post something on the ban forums? A ridiculous number of people got 50% warnings for posting "irrelevant" things on ban threads. Strangely none of them were whiny enough bitches to make a thread about it, though. That 10% warning! Truly the forum mods are evil tyrants.

No Oberyn I did not post in a thread on the ban forums.  I have received a warning for just that reason before though.  I was advised of  the reason and saw that I had indeed deserved the warning.  Therefore I had no reason to question it.

Therefore I take it that you would not then consider my polite request for further information to be a post from a whiny bitch?
The percent of the warning is immaterial. I want to know which post triggered the warning. 

Thanks for sticking your nose in with your totally inane opinion though.  It's most helpful.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:49 pm »
I have no problem whatsoever taking a deserved warning.  I am honestly puzzled over what the warning is for.  It states for offensive material but as far as I know I have not posted any.  A reference to the the post in question is all I ask for.  If I knew what the mod who issued the warning believed was offensive I could avoid that in the future and I could also judge the arbitrariness of that mod. 

My recommendation is to include a link to the offending post as well as the reason when a warning is issued.

This is just silly gaming forum for immature nerds and you got 10 % warning, you don't even have "watched" tag. Don't you think you're making a mountain out of a molehill?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 07:57:10 pm »
...or your just shrug your shoulders and move on, like the rest of does.  8-)

Of course I will, on my schedule. 
But I do believe that my recommendation will improve the system at no cost.

BTW I thought I was to be put on your ignore list. :P

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 07:59:55 pm »
This is just silly gaming forum for immature nerds and you got 10 % warning, you don't even have "watched" tag. Don't you think you're making a mountain out of a molehill?

No, actually my impression is that everyone who is posting in the thread other than myself and perhaps a mod that can answer my question is making a mountain out of it.
If I had a way to contact the mod that issued the warning I could have pm'd him and I would not have bothered with a thread.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 08:27:52 pm »
Maybe you got the warning for spamming threads with double posts instead of using the quote option?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:59 pm »
Maybe you got the warning for spamming threads with double posts instead of using the quote option?

Not unless that is "offensive material".  But the term "offensive material" is so open to wide interpretation that it could mean "whatever a mod doesn't like that day", so who knows?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 11:00:09 pm »
+1
I have no problem whatsoever taking a deserved warning.  I am honestly puzzled over what the warning is for.  It states for offensive material but as far as I know I have not posted any.  A reference to the the post in question is all I ask for.  If I knew what the mod who issued the warning believed was offensive I could avoid that in the future and I could also judge the arbitrariness of that mod. 

My recommendation is to include a link to the offending post as well as the reason when a warning is issued.

did you call someone a friend? I was puzzled about getting warned as well until I figured out that for some reason they'll warn a man for that. Truly, these are dark times.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »
The moderation system is imperfect, but given the community size and the general leeway we are given except in special circumstances, its quite good!

Bow to the infinite wisdom of the staff, and be on your way to great and useful posts!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:27 pm »
Of course I will, on my schedule. 
But I do believe that my recommendation will improve the system at no cost.

wrong, it cost time.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 02:04:38 am »
wrong, it cost time.

LOL, yeah 5 seconds is exhorbitant.  I should have said at a ridiculously minuscule cost.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:00 am »
+1

If I'd have to guess it's these posts judging by the warning reason. I even underlined the most relevant parts:

Apparently I annoyed you enough to respond. :wink: And I guess you're still reading what I write.
Speaking of annoyance.  There's little more annoying than a self appointed, wannabe forum natzee like yourself.

Another self appointed forum natzi.

Some warnings have link to the rule breaking post(s). Doesn't work if we have to remove the posts tho and I don't think we have to point everything out like to a dog when it has done something wrong. You should have a look at your own post history if you can't remember what you wrote/posted and make your own conclusions. Then adjust your behavior accordingly if you don't want to get warned again... And again... and again :wink:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 03:31:38 am »
You could've gone to IRC and spared the rest of the forum this cringingly autistic thread, that's also an option. Then again, lulz were had, so thanks.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 10:49:47 am »
+3
You should get a 10% warning for every double post you make; you would probably never be able to post here again. Make me mod and I shall handle eet!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 05:55:52 pm »
You could've gone to IRC and spared the rest of the forum this cringingly autistic thread, that's also an option. Then again, lulz were had, so thanks.

And you could have spared yourself all the trauma by not reading the thread but you enthusiastically participated in a thread that had nothing to do with you like the stalker you are.