Poll

Should our Lord and Saviour, bless thy peasants with 100k gold?

Yes, bless thy peasants almighty Lord!
No, give them run!

Author Topic: Give 100k gold to all the accounts that registered in the last 20 days.  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
Well, why not. I dont really care. But maybe give everyone under 100.000 of money 50.000?
(click to show/hide)

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
I just started playing a week ago and I find the disadvantages I am facing practically impossible to overcome.  I've been able to put together a midline kit (Scale Mail, Huscarl Shield, Norse War Sword) but at this point the maintenance costs are making it hard to turn a profit and eventually acquire better gear.  I'm not sure how folks are able to afford to buy their expensive equipment let alone maintain it.

if you put up a trade for 100k and send me a link i will accept it.

Well,I have a friend that started playing a little time ago and doesnt have that much money,he would sure be happy to get it.

same for your friend krex, get him to put a trade up
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RedShield

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
if you put up a trade for 100k and send me a link i will accept it.

Sent.  Thank you very much!

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I don't like this new "helpful" Panos, there are way too few curses in his posts. Bring back the old gay-bashing, arab-hating, CAPS-abusing Panos! Also, give him a free pass for the weekends so he can run around EU1 finding new ways to simultaneously insult as many people as possible. Honestly, that will attract more newbs (and keep them coming back) than any one time gifts you can come up with.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
+1
Ehm, Panos is on servers and is sometimes on some rage train.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Ehm, Panos is on servers and is sometimes on some rage train.

Sometimes?

Wow, I need to rage even more now  :evil:

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
I've trained myself to not read Panos.

But seriously, clans are always looking for noobs.  You will have access to their armoury, and most guys will train you or at least give you hints.  The sad part is that you have to be in their Teamspeak, which means you gotta listen to their bullshit about Jean Luc Picard vs James Kirk.  Unless you join the 13 Knights.  No geek talk allowed, and an awesome armoury.  Might be pressured to play Strat.  Even though, in hind sight, it's probably the least rewarding game ever.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
Loyalty/Dedication/No-lifer bonus:

20k gold bonus recevied at sunday midnight at week 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,<-^2,<-^2

So you get a starter bonus for first sunday 20k, second sunday 20k(total 40k), fourth sunday 20k(60k), eighth sunday 20(80k), sixteenth sunday 20k (100k)... etc.

This could be easily implemented retroactively making a player that started 128+ sundays(2½ years ago) ago receive=160k
Or even easier... just implement and let it start ticking right away everyone effectively starting receiving 20 k first sunday after implementation.

Main benefit= None of this: "lol 100k lets buy tincan!"-> Then rivers of tears about upkeep just a few days later...
Main drawback=It gives gold to old players as well.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
This is what I imagine a new player doing and thinking:

Look, I have 100k gold, it must be very easy to obtain. Let's see what I can buy. Oh, a plated charger for 60k! Bought. Plate armour, 31k, heavy helmet, 9k. Where did my gold go? Oh well, I am sure it will be easy to get more...

Obviously not all new players are going to be like that, but there will be a fair few who will do that, be screwed, and it will only make more fuss for people to have to clean up...

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
10 loom points is only enough for 3 +3s.  If they're smart they go body, gloves, weapon.  But that's really only effective for 2her or pole arm.  Any other build and they'd be outclassed.

Maybe, it depends on player. I use a +3 weapon on all characters but my archer, but while I have several +3 armor sets I seldom use it, and I, dear peasant, am never outCLASSED by anyone. Social position jokes aside, armor only helps when you plan on getting hit, real men defend themselves with their axe. If I started today and you gave me 3 +3's.... with current balance I would probable take +3 pony, +3 LAS and +3 kite shield, cheap enough gear to never worry about upkeep, shield gives 360 protection, and you can 1hit anything on the field, who dafuq needs armor.
I don't know enough