Author Topic: Banner Changes  (Read 3615 times)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
Re: Banner Changes
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »
+2
free manning 2k14
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BowlOfNoob

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 4
  • PeytonManning!
    • View Profile
    • Nexeon Technologies Inc.
  • Faction: Frisitian
  • Game nicks: PeytonManning, SpamingDumpsterBaby, LoopyPoodle, BritneySpearz, WorldCupSecurityPatrolman
  • IRC nick: PeytonManning
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:59 pm »
free manning 2k14

Equality! Must be because I am of a mixed color. :(

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 07:06:55 am »
bumping this thread because admins are my old friendets

#freemanning2k14

HE DIN DO NUFFIN
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline BowlOfNoob

• Knight
  • PeytonManning!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PeytonManning, SpamingDumpsterBaby, LoopyPoodle, BritneySpearz, WorldCupSecurityPatrolman
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 11:33:28 pm »
+5
Wish I could have my banner back considering the banners I still see in game. Don't half ass rules if your going to enforce them. If you have a rule about 1 person buying a banner slot for themselves then enforce that or let us know preferably. You would think that being considerate to people that do not cause problems or get banned every 3 days would be a good thing to do. A private massage or a warning would have been great too. Hey your donkey banner is inappropriate for my children to look at while I sit and play C-RPG is not a good reason. My bright ass must have killed the person who did this about 5 times.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 12:01:04 am »
+3
I must admit... this is pretty much a load of donkey shit!

Seriously admins?!  With all the issues that cRPG faces.  With all the things that could be done to not only improve it, but see it grow as a game and a community... and this is what you choose to do with your time.

This is the kind of shit that should make chadz and San and the others devs throw a fit.  They should immediately hold a meeting with their admins and give them a stern talking to cut the bullshit... help the game grow... or you'll be fired as an admin.  I'm not saying this lightly.  I'm not one to cry about admins or devs.  You'll never hear my cry about a broken game.  I may not like some of the patch notes I read.  I may offer my ideas.  But I'll never say the game is broken and act like I'll stop playing because on weapon stat changes and the like.

But seeing something like this.  It's enough to make me want to stop playing.  To see that the powers that be (the admins) can abuse & do with random players as they like... that's pretty damn ridiculous!  And I don't want to here about rules and such.  There's players with semen on their banner.  There's banners with an NHL logo on it's banner.  There's tons of non-medieval and non-heraldic banners.

With all this said... I really want to here an admin or dev come into this thread and have a serious and thorough discussion/explanation of how this is right/correct/fair or all-around good for this game & it's community.  Please no "rules are rules".  If they were, we wouldn't have semen banners.  And for the record... let's have semen banners... but let Peyton Manning have his as well.  What's the harm?  Seriously... give us a reason how semen banners will hurt the game or community.

Not trying to sound too bitchy with this post (just a little bitchy).  But seriously, I want the game to grow... or at least survive a few more years.  It won't if those given power, grossly and erratically mis-use their power.  Notice I said "mis-use" not abuse.  The former is just is nearly as bad!

With all that said, I'm not naming any admins.  Honestly, not!  I have never had any bad run-ins myself.  Couldn't really name any admins.  But you see enough abuse and enough ridiculous mis-use of power... that the part of you that wants this game to be a great game (and community) has to stand up and say something.

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 03:59:38 am »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 04:14:49 am »
+8
You think I have authority over anything? I mostly just annoy people in irc. I like most of the silly banners anyways. The tux banner was great.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 05:42:37 am »
+5
Honestly, San is just the token black they put on the team to say they aren't 100% nerdy white dudes.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 05:45:40 am »
+1
Honestly, San is just the token black they put on the team to say they aren't 100% nerdy white dudes.

He had to fill in for DarkKarma.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 05:59:33 am »
+4
We remove the cool looking broncos banner, but yet there are so many other shitty banners that could be removed by these rules that have been around for months.
(click to show/hide)
If your going to only enforce this rule on a few people at least have some taste when you're selecting banners to remove.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 06:09:00 am »
+5
Stop trying to get other banners removed. Banner policies have always been arbitrary and shitty. Free NA banners from EU overlords 2014!
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 06:20:27 am »
+4
Meanwhile Jeade's digital camo banner is totally OK.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline To Kill A Dead Horse

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • May be insane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (Former) The Black Guard, (Current) Swiss AoW
  • Game nicks: To_Kill_A_Dead_Horse, GaugofWar
  • IRC nick: TKADH
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 06:35:16 am »
+3
Speaking of banners being randomly removed, and also in memory of the tux banner I used, here is a message requiring me to change my banner from 2012 along with the boundaries they told me to abide by.   Below that is my response that is most likely filled with grammatical mistakes among other things.

(click to show/hide)

MY RESPONSE: WARNING MAY CONTAIN SOME SASS (Fixed some errors too)

(click to show/hide)

TL;DR some sarcastic comments made by me towards the moderators and R.I.P. Tux banner
Quote from: Baggy
If your going to be staring at your characters ass in game all day it might as well be a female one.
[21:08:47] Downloading Textures/this_is_how_children_see_gnjus_norm.dds

Offline BowlOfNoob

• Knight
  • PeytonManning!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 08:11:34 am »
+1
Would have been nice to get that warning...

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »
+4
You think I have authority over anything? I mostly just annoy people in irc. I like most of the silly banners anyways. The tux banner was great.

San, you've always seemed super helpful.  As a Dev, I'm not really sure what power/responsibilities fall to you.  But is their nothing that you or Tyedus (or chadz or any of the other devs) can do about some of these Admin mis-use & abuse.  Is there no governing of admins at all?  Once they are in power... can they truly do as they will?

Seriously... guys get their banners removed all the time for not being medieval enough... yet it's clear, the same rule doesn't apply to all... with a dozen other prominent banners in the game (i.e. Semen).

How can the power given to admins be so ungoverned?  How can they allowed to be so chaotic or self-serving with their use of power?

In the grand scheme of things, does a single banner matter this much?  Probably not!  But does making sure we have admins that better the community.  The governing of admins should be taken seriously.  Just as the admins governing the community should be a serious job.

All the for the betterment of this community... and more importantly... this game!