Author Topic: Valor killed the mod. Remove plox.  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Valor killed the mod. Remove plox.
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:38:09 pm »
+16
Suggestion: anyone not near flags at the end of round should be automatically excluded from valor.

Valor whores fighting their 1vs1 dick comparisions in some corner of the map with total disregard for team and fatherland should not be encouraged.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
Re: Valor killed the mod. Remove plox.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:35 pm »
+5
As a my old friendcher who would rather kite than fight, I do not support this message.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 09:12:46 pm »
+2
As a my old friendcher who would rather kite than fight, I do not support this message.

you are forgiven. it is in your nature.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 09:23:43 pm »
you know what else we should do? remove fun

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:24:39 pm »
+11
you know what else we should do? remove fun

is already not allowed and perma-bannable.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:01:45 pm »
hahahahahaha

its funny cos ive said the same for a long time. now some other dude is saying exactly the same...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:27:38 am »
+5
Flags should only come up when a kiting archer/ horse ranged/ useless hiding KD whore is left. How do we implement this? Force them to register like sex offenders.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »
+2
Suggestion: anyone not near flags at the end of round should be automatically excluded from valor.

Valor whores fighting their 1vs1 dick comparisions in some corner of the map with total disregard for team and fatherland should not be encouraged.

Suppose a lancer is chasing an annoying horse archer, or someone goes and kills someone afk at the other side of the map? or perhaps another fight is already taking place and your teammate survives a 2v1 away from the flag?

think more about it and i might come around, but it seems like this was not well thought out.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 04:14:47 pm »
+1
Battle already encourages cowardly tactics, and valor only encourages them further. Almost every single round there is some cav with no chance of winning the round wasting a bunch of time trying to pick off stragglers while everyone has to wait for the flag to raise. And that cav almost always gets valor, despite totally ignoring the objective.

Once the flags have been up for 30s, if you don't die within x meters of the flag (or win), you should be excluded from the opportunity to get valor. Valor should be a reward for heroics NEAR THE OBJECTIVE, not on the other side of the map.

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 12:36:03 am »

I agree with this only if it's an amount of time after the flags pop up, as Phew suggests. What if the flags pop up within a few seconds of killing the last member of the enemy team. Ooooo sorry no valour for anybody this round GG SPOOKFANS

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 01:24:57 am »
Have it so when the flags go up, no more points are calculated for valour.  So the brave heroic guy who charges in and smites his enemies in a rage of fury will get it, while the valour whore who wanders around carefully choosing weak/easy/afk/distracted targets won't get any.

But I also think that most of the guys at the end of the round are worried about their KD rates.  You should also get -2 kills if you survive to the end of the round on the losing team.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 05:02:51 am »
There are too many factors in between both sides of the argument. This is not really a black and white decision.

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 02:23:27 am »
Valor is an interesting concept: reward the people with the most points.
Pros: People who do the most damage get reductions in round penalties.
Cons: People end up ramboing to wrack up points, and end up whacking their teammates like retards.

There was a system that rewarded team cohesion before; all people in an area gained money and xp for sticking together; if you weren't working together you didn't get money.
Pros: people ended up sticking together. everyone made money, though not as good as now.
Cons: people who's role did not lend to sticking in a mob (archers, horse archers, cavalry), ended up getting the short end of the stick.

My proposal:
Give all people who stay in a group a full multiplier more than what they currently have, up to a maximum of 5. this also eliminates the paltry x1 sum which everyone hates.  This will encourage people to stay together more, increase the overall money pool for losers (thereby reducing the penalties that require some to use less expensive gear), and reduce the overall rage factor. At the same time, the x5  capped team will rambo more, which ultimately will give an edge to the loosing team for staying together.
exp: a team loses, but all teammates that stay together are x2 instead of x1.
exp2: a team is on a winning streak at an x4, stay together making x5, but win again. everyone gains an x5, together or not.

Pros: Reduces ramboing, ragefactor on loosing a round, makes the game slightly easier on high cost builds or for new players with little money, as well as increases team cohesion.
Cons: no more valor, meaning every loss is a loss indeed, makes xp and gold gain quicker for the losers/lower end players thereby potentially causing an imbalance, and with overall LOWER the amount of xp and money players on the high end make, making them more likely to use less expensive gear. (may be a pro)

Apart from that, there is one problem which remains, and that is team attacks and team kills. Each reported Team attack should cost the offender 100 gold. That will make people think twice about it, along with the kicking system it will really discourage it altogether.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 06:18:46 am »
+5
Valour removed, did I save the mod?

(click to show/hide)
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 07:45:58 am »
Valour removed, did I save the mod?

(click to show/hide)

#1 savior of crpg.

Except that you haven't removed fun yet. (hurry pls)

If the goal is to get people on flags, just have no (positive) points for hitting people unless the attacker or the target is on the flag while they're up.

I'd suggest point multipliers > x1 for fighting on the flags, but that'd indirectly punish people who died earlier, unless there's two separate chances for valor (actually not too bad of an incentive).