Poll

Remove randomplains spam?

Yes
44 (40%)
No
66 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: Remove random-plains spam.  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: Remove random-plains spam.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 12:27:23 am »
Well ofcourse Phaz and Torben support these maps, they are cav. And ofcourse i hate them like most of the shieldless people.
Fact is: there is simply too many, i dont mind every third map being random plains but 3 in a row? Cmon that is not fair. There should be an equal ammount of cav/infantry maps wich is not the case atm.

The current abundace of random plains is caused by bugged maps that appear in the rotation yet were removed from scenes with the last patch, causing a random map to be generated instead. I am now reviewing the EU1 rotation, should fix it tonight. Random plains will still be available, but as frequent as a normal map, not once every 3-4 maps like the current situation.

Thanks, can you please remove that abominatio of a map, cant remember what its called but let me say how it looks maybe you can remeber: its a steep slope with ruins and a river, one team spawns at high ground, the other spawns at low ground across the river i think the most memorable landmark is the realy narrow bridge (like planks) that people frequently fall of when crossing the river.
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 02:02:51 am »
Random Plains shouldn't be taken out altogether, but the frequency they appear needs to be cut because they appear rather too often and they do heavily favour cavalry except in the rare instance where very steep hills are generated.

It's curious that the usual response of Native players to random plains with lots of cavalry is to camp the map edge and watch all the horses bang into the invisible wall, which is considered a valid tactic, but you almost never see cRPG players do this presumably because they see it as glitching and cheating.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »
Yes lets go back to always having village maps because everyone is an infantryman.

It's retarded...random plains maps are great. It's been boring as hell for a long time playing CRPG because of those stupid village maps. Throw in a bit of variation. Have some open, some half, some closed. That way everyone is happy. No more one than the other. Otherwise it's just dull and boring for any particular build.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:25 am »
so i've been playing warband for most of the day, EU_1, the new rotation of maps is rediculous, in the sense of variation of maps, todays rotation, village map, village map, village map, something like ruins, village map, village map, village map, something like ruins, then all the maps consist of is camping, camp this roof, camp this tower, camp this boat, of course there are the odd exceptions but come on, where are the plains maps in this new rotation, 1 in every 10 or something, village maps are seriously boring, why spread the plains maps out so much, why not 1 in 5 or something, it seems to be the same maps all the time aswell, there are plenty of maps, why am i seeing the exact same ones everytime i play, please review the rotation and make it fair for everyone, there are loads of people who would like more plains maps, i know this wasn't an official poll but the majority voted no, yet they were changed anyway, this isn't a rage post as such, i would just like the rotation to be fair...

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »
I'd like to point out that the large majority voted NOT to remove the 'random-plains spam'.

Could we have a few more random plains style maps in the map rotation please?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 08:21:16 pm »
You two are cavalry... so ofc you would want want random plains. Stop beein' biased.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:51 pm »
the fact is that we're now seeing next to no plains maps, all we're asking is that a fair amount is spread through out the rotation, there are plenty of non cav players who also like plains...

You two are cavalry... so ofc you would want want random plains. Stop beein' biased.

what a stupid comment, i could say, you're infantry, of course you want less random plains, stop been biased, the village maps tend to favour infantry and archers, of course the plains maps favour cavalry, so what, is it fair that the majority of the maps are at a disadvantage to cavalry, like i said in my last post, we just want a fair amount of plains maps to be added into the rotation, i think it is a fair request...

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »
remove siege/town maps from battle ... :twisted:
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 10:30:53 pm »
Currently there are 14 random plains in EU1 rotation, that's about 3 times more than a normal map. Even more often on EU2 since it has a shorter rotation.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:53 am »
I don't mind the random plain maps but they would be more interesting with some ruins or houses between the spawning points.
But then they would not be random plains ofc... so I suggest that "random plains with houses" should be added to the map rotations as well.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 02:08:31 am »
After last patch, EU1 and EU2 become a random-plains spam. That maps are horrible, unplayable, rangedfest and cavalry spam everywhere. It's not bad to play one of that maps sometimes, but for each village map, three random-plains is abussive.

The only things true is that EU1 and EU2 have random plains maps. The rest of opinion and theory.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:10:37 am by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.