Author Topic: heavy cav got herfed...  (Read 7648 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: heavy cav got herfed...
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2014, 07:48:02 pm »
@Teeth

Someone's lack of awareness doesn't mean that the class is OP.
I disagree, you need to balance with realistic levels of awareness in mind. Cav has been getting kills due to poor awareness for 4 years now, you cannot wait for that to get better and allow cav to wreck as awareness has been fairly static for ages now. Besides, good awareness hasn't stopped 1h cav from killing good players all the time when they are engaged in difficult fights with easy bumpslashing and crazy high alpha damage.

Any stabs basically dismounts lighter cavalry and heavier horses have barely any hp left afaik
A pike can rarely kill a cataphract horse and up in one pass. Full speed stab on the front, 2-3 more stabs as it stands still and yet it rides away. That is if you manage to get the stabs off past the shield force field. Longspears and pikes are great for stopping horses, not for killing them due to low base damage values and horses usually standing close to you.

Best argument because it's the easiest way to learn what kills each class, experience beats all
Poor argument because you can't apply any of your knowledge about what counters slasher cav because they are in full control of when they engage.

Edited because of a misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:46:41 pm by Teeth »

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:01 pm »
That half Swedish half German shitlord gene showing it's ugly head again?

You introduce your post with an insult towards me for no reason and I have no reason to continue reading your post, no need to be hostile.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:10 pm »
@Teeth

Your awareness doesn't mean that the class is OP.
Really, you are completely oblivious that you just disregarded my entire argument, which had completely nothing to do with my personal awareness skill, by ridiculing my ability? Now, that was uncalled-for hostility, to which my insult was a reaction.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2014, 08:28:43 pm »
+1
I think there's a misunderstanding because of my lack of proper grammar, I meant this actually:

Someones lack of awareness doesn't mean that the class is OP.

response: No harm done.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:46:52 pm by Shemaforash »

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »
+1
Oh right, that makes a difference alright, no harm done then. Apologies for the insult.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2014, 09:06:03 pm »
+1
A pike can rarely kill a cataphract horse and up in one pass. Full speed stab on the front, 2-3 more stabs as it stands still and yet it rides away.

It's made to take damage and compensating with worthless maneuverability. Your preference of playstyle as a cavalry matters the most to whether or not you want to tank and bump or be a nuisance all round.

That is if you manage to get the stabs off past the shield force field.

If I recall correct from playing shielder, comparing playing shielder in native to cRPG is a big difference due to a big difference in the forcefield of the shield. The forcefield is basically a compensation for not being able to look down and up to block. The cRPG developers decided that blocking sideways is possible and decided to nerf it heavily because you can easily change where you're looking. I think the forcefield is a bit crazy on horses sometimes and agree but it's usually due to the cavalry blocking down and trying his best to block the hits incoming towards his horse. That's at least what I do and it tends to work out more often than not.

Longspears and pikes are great for stopping horses, not for killing them due to low base damage values and horses usually standing close to you.

Yes, and I agree, that's generally not the role of a piker in my opinion because they should focus on stopping the cavalry rather than killing them and focusing on switching targets.

Poor argument because you can't apply any of your knowledge about what counters slasher cav because they are in full control of when they engage.

But you'll learn what you can and can't do as a cavalry which makes you able to understand when and how a cavalry is out of position or targetable. It also is not really viable as an argument because if the infantry is out of position

TL;DR: I think cavalry is fine and it's counterable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:09:10 pm by Shemaforash »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »
+1
If you want to play, and be aware of cav the entire round not putting you in any risk of dying to cav you can never enter a fight bigger than a 1v1.

You can argue that its all about the players awareness being poor that makes cav strong, but to me thats like saying a weapon isnt op because you only got hit because of poor blocking skills. There is no way anyone can be aware 100% of the time, and dropping that guard should not result in one shot death. Cav also decides where to fight, and if they are heavy cav they can make mistakes and often get away, while if the infantry messes up vs cav he pretty much dies or loses 90% health.

I think changing back the difficulty requirements on horses, giving them slightly better mobility stats but reducing health or reworking speed bonus for cav somehow would be fair, more risk for cav but let them have the high reward of oneshots etc.

Cav as is, seems to be the biggest deciding factor of battle. A group of 5 or so heavy cav can mess up an entire team so hard, its kinda silly.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »
+1
Cav as is, seems to be the biggest deciding factor of battle. A group of 5 or so heavy cav can mess up an entire team so hard, its kinda silly.

Most of the times on eu1 the deciding factor are a small group of experienced players (mostly infantry) wiping out squads with teamwork and skill. I think a lot of your arguments are valid but in my opinion the reason you feel picked on is that you're out of position compared to the rest of the group, leaving the group allows for an easy swipe and are always a clear target for cavalry. When I play cavalry I go for the most valuable targets in case it's necessary or I go for the most easy targets to pick off.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2014, 09:54:07 pm »
If you want to play, and be aware of cav the entire round not putting you in any risk of dying to cav you can never enter a fight bigger than a 1v1.

You can argue that its all about the players awareness being poor that makes cav strong, but to me thats like saying a weapon isnt op because you only got hit because of poor blocking skills. There is no way anyone can be aware 100% of the time, and dropping that guard should not result in one shot death. Cav also decides where to fight, and if they are heavy cav they can make mistakes and often get away, while if the infantry messes up vs cav he pretty much dies or loses 90% health.

I think changing back the difficulty requirements on horses, giving them slightly better mobility stats but reducing health or reworking speed bonus for cav somehow would be fair, more risk for cav but let them have the high reward of oneshots etc.

Mostly agree with your points, but I don't think the solution is necessarily to revert the changes that were made. Having to put 7-8 points into cav means you have fewer points to put elsewhere and it means you have less str, which reduces your damage and footmelee potential (well theoretically..without much equipment reqs it doesn't really change so much if you have more agi/WPF). At least you potentially have less IF or PS, but I suppose AGI/WM is better or equal to PS/IF. Buff STR?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2014, 10:18:12 am »
silly and poor "proves".

cav makes someone's 1vs1 fight as harder as any other archer\inf...
2 vs 1 is fatally for enyone if ur enemies are good enough. dont blame cav ffs

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2014, 10:22:18 am »
dose, who mad at cav are agi heroes, who dont pay attention on the battlefield. u have only urself to blame here.
cav aint harder than any other class.
stop cryin finally.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2014, 10:24:01 am »
2 vs 1 is fatally for enyone if ur enemies are good enough. dont blame cav ffs
The 2v1 can be easier for some fighters.
Switching targets & attacking the other one by surprise works great.

But it's a different thing, when you fight an hoplite / piker + another melee. :D

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2014, 11:19:50 am »
But it's a different thing, when you fight an hoplite / piker + another melee. :D

... or archer.
but, still, it isn't enemies problems  :lol:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2014, 11:26:57 am »
+2
Wow. This thread is still going? :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2014, 02:27:45 am »
At least Royanss has the balls to attack enemies from the front, even if he plays with a weak horse (compared to heavy armoured ones)
Man, royans is the master of picking peasants from behind and exploting the shit of the turn rate/lag of his horse, which makes his sword hit from funny distances (this is an issue with horses and any weapon, but the fact his horse can turn so fast just makes it worse). He is good, but dont say crap
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"