Author Topic: heavy cav got herfed...  (Read 7600 times)

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: heavy cav got herfed...
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »
u can coz u re good.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2014, 05:19:57 pm »
+2
No_skill_just_ACS

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: STRanger
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »
just get a spear and look around.

"oh, mama that OP 1h cav guy raped my ass! nerf him!" - what does that mean? that means you deserve being fucked because you suck

no one can ever make you suck, if you suck then sucker you are and 1h cav shouldn't be blamed for that.

1h cav is nerfed and suckers think they got rid of that huge heavy horse dick in their holes, but they are wrong. they just relieved some space for anothe dick.

i mean, dont be pussies crying about a class that has been played for years and haven't affected the pleasure of the game. just dont suck
Up onto the overturned keel. Clamber, with a heart of steel.
Cold is the ocean's spray. And your death is on its way.
With maidens you have had your way...
Each must die some day.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:54 pm »
+4
not bad... i started playing 1hcav...1st gen....  i hope i can reach your score....

(click to show/hide)
With all the amount of new players around, showing off your scores as a cav is irrelevant.
You can get shotloads of kills by slashing peasants without even affecting the battle outcome.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2014, 12:45:33 am »
not bad... i started playing 1hcav...1st gen....  i hope i can reach your score....

(click to show/hide)

Only 213 points with 36 kills? It's less than 6 points per kill... Was each hit a kill?

With all the amount of new players around, showing off your scores as a cav is irrelevant.
You can get shotloads of kills by slashing peasants without even affecting the battle outcome.

This ^, however 36 kills is still great even if there is mostly noobs. Not every enemy is a newcomer after all.

Skyrim UI

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:06 am »
Eh, bumpslash is bullshit.

But recently I've been enjoying shooting Sargon (remember when you tried to mount that horse adn I shot you mid-mount animation in the face? ^^ )

Even more enjoyable is rocking up with my longsword and warhorse and using the slight extra reach I have on him and the stab to dehorse or kill Sargon, those are fun times!

Honestly, Sargons fine. Bumpslashes are BS but that's not Sargons fault. Leave him alone!

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:59 am »
i never said im good as 1hcav...this is actually my first gen, and its hard for me to change play style everyday from lancer to 1h
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2014, 03:13:33 pm »
i never said im good as 1hcav...this is actually my first gen, and its hard for me to change play style everyday from lancer to 1h
leave barabes, delete ur gaylancer char, keep playing 1h cav and join Byz!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ncromancien

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 9
  • The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Ncromancien / Barabe_Yuno_Mononoke
  • IRC nick: Ncromancien
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

(click to show/hide)

You can't steal Perverz from us ! :(

( Nobody saw the horrible typo :D )
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:22:14 pm by Ncromancien »
"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2014, 06:29:25 am »
+1
Not counterable and unstoppable? :lol:

Play the class and learn the weakness of it and you'll counter it just fine. I very rarely die to 1h cav as infantry, and when I do it's usually because I didn't pay attention. A bumpslash is quite easy to avoid if you know what you're doing. If you've played 1h cav yourself and haven't learned to counter it on foot yourself, then it's a l2p issue.

Disagree. They're not as bad as some guys makes them out to be, but there are better 1h weapons out there. I wouldn't take a ACS as my sword if I was playing shielder without riding skill. The Messers, Niuweidao, Italian Sword, Scimitars are better swords imo.

Considering how lame horses are in cRPG, if you're getting owned by 1h cavalry then the fault is on your hands and it's as Gurni is saying a l2p issue.
Lancer cavalry is pretty awful too because it's very predictable and easy to dodge, it's like a racecar, fast but with arbitrarily limiting movement that doesn't allow it to turn properly which means it's an easy kill. 1h cavalry are better in cRPG because they are the only ones who can properly fight versus other cavalry while lancer cavalry are just useless, that's the main reason you see a big amount of cavalry using 1h.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2014, 10:07:56 am »
Play the class and learn the weakness of it and you'll counter it just fine. I very rarely die to 1h cav as infantry, and when I do it's usually because I didn't pay attention. A bumpslash is quite easy to avoid if you know what you're doing. If you've played 1h cav yourself and haven't learned to counter it on foot yourself, then it's a l2p issue.

Even though I agree with you that cavalry is easy to counter, this arguement is bad.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

(click to show/hide)

i have better solution....
you dont need to delete your cav char just join barabe..... ;)
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2014, 11:52:27 am »
+3
Not counterable and unstoppable? :lol:

I have played slasher cav and I literally learned nothing about countering it as a footman, because the one thing I learned when playing slasher cav is to only attack people that are unable to respond to you. You can keep putting slasher cav in some imaginary meta where they charge people 1 vs 1 and suck, but that has nothing to do with reality. In a battle round there are dozens of opportunities where you can attack someone, even the best players, who cannot react to you without taking a hit from someone else. These are fairly safe scenario's where slasher cav is the best class in the game at bagging that kill due to ridiculous damage output and a super easy block ignore ability.

The dumb thing about slasher cav is that if you follow one simple rule 'only attack people that are already engaged in melee', pretty much anyone can attain a k/d of 2+. If you then also wear heavy armour and get a sturdy horse, anyone can approach a k/d of 3 with ease. Don't forget that the server wide average is a k/d of 1. I am fairly sure that if you'd look at class averages slasher cav would be the highest. Low skill - high reward class.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2014, 12:56:51 pm »
+1
They could simply buff the damage on long spear and pike so we have a true cav counter (or 2d poles). ATM I prefer most other weapons to attack cav, even a Long Bardiche will outrange most cav if I spin and stab. With the bardiche I can then dehorse him in a hit or 2 and then get at least one hit in before he gets up.

Maybe if we get higher str reqs for heavier armour we will have more balance? Part of the balance issue is that guys play two distict roles during the round - they racecar around doing great damage, then they stand up and play melee with decent armour
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2014, 06:04:11 pm »
They could simply buff the damage on long spear and pike so we have a true cav counter (or 2d poles). ATM I prefer most other weapons to attack cav, even a Long Bardiche will outrange most cav if I spin and stab. With the bardiche I can then dehorse him in a hit or 2 and then get at least one hit in before he gets up.

Any stabs basically dismounts lighter cavalry and heavier horses have barely any hp left afaik

@Teeth

Your awareness doesn't mean that the class is OP.

Even though I agree with you that cavalry is easy to counter, this arguement is bad.

Best argument because it's the easiest way to learn what kills each class, experience beats all
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.