Author Topic: heavy cav got herfed...  (Read 7680 times)

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: heavy cav got herfed...
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 12:18:57 pm »
+2
Sorry but this thread is 'a little' pathetic...

at the start this thread was a joke. just some trolling. but some lames shows what a badass they are... and started to QQ.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:49 pm »
+10
at the start this thread was a joke. just some trolling. but some lames shows what a badass they are... and started to QQ.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 12:36:11 pm »
+2
The reason half of the community isn't playing 1h cav Sargon, because it is a kill machine even if you re the biggest retard ever it takes no skill (except Royans as stated before, he can play pikeman or crossbowman good too) KUYAK BARBARIAN WITH WARMASK AND TWOHAND OR POLEARM SO UNIQUE SO AWESOME
ftfy
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 12:38:07 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 12:45:58 pm »
+4
To begin with, any class and/or build can be called both easy and hard.
It's easy to forget all pros and cons of a build/class if you are biased/hateful (or a just bad player).

However, in general an agile build as well as an agile horse is easier to play with as you can both attack and dodge attacks more easily.
It only gets worse than a strength build and an armoured horse when there is so much ranged players around it's impossible to keep track of all projectiles flying around.

Much hp and armor (and more armored horse) is first of all protection against projectiles, not melee.

The arabian warhorse is superior to all other horses with no ranged around.
But it's shit if only ONE good HA/HX or foot archer constantly focuses it.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »
To begin with, any class and/or build can be called both easy and hard.
It's easy to forget all pros and cons of a build/class if you are biased/hateful (or a just bad player).

However, in general an agile build as well as an agile horse is easier to play with as you can both attack and dodge attacks more easily.
It only gets worse than a strength build and an armoured horse when there is so much ranged players around it's impossible to keep track of all projectiles flying around.

Much hp and armor (and more armored horse) is first of all protection against projectiles, not melee.

the voice of reason

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 01:00:09 pm »
Crpg: Everything you like is bad!

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 01:21:28 pm »
+2
After reading this, I browsed the guides section and realized that there is no guide that covers horse choice and projectile interaction. Would any of you experienced cav players mind to make a list of the horses with commentaries about how easily they die to arrows, bolts and throwing weapons? This way, cavalry players would learn which horses to pick when there is a lot/little ranged, and ranged players would know when it is viable to kill a horse with projectiles, and when they should focus on an easier target. Of course, you can learn all these things by experience, but reading a guide speeds up the process.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 01:24:07 pm »
+1
OP can eat a sausage without chewing it.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 01:28:14 pm »
+1
Would any of you experienced cav players mind to make a list of the horses with commentaries about how easily they die to arrows, bolts and throwing weapons?
Why not just look at horses' armour and hp stats for that?

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »
After reading this, I browsed the guides section and realized that there is no guide that covers horse choice and projectile interaction. Would any of you experienced cav players mind to make a list of the horses with commentaries about how easily they die to arrows, bolts and throwing weapons? This way, cavalry players would learn which horses to pick when there is a lot/little ranged, and ranged players would know when it is viable to kill a horse with projectiles, and when they should focus on an easier target. Of course, you can learn all these things by experience, but reading a guide speeds up the process.

well... i can say that my +3 destrier dyin with 1.5 throwing lances, 2 throwin axes, 2 arrows, 4 HA's arrows, 2 bolts.

and 2 2h\pole swings.

about guide - Of course, you can live whole life from the born till the oldness, but skippin 4\5 of ur life will speed up the process.  :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:49:47 pm by STR_aD_Sargon_eqv »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:43 pm »
Decreased damage.

(click to show/hide)
that cannot be right then, its all wrong or something has gone wrong because them bump slashes are doing the most damage to me atm, forget headshots from arbalests because i can survive them, forget being ganked by 5+ players because i can survive for quite along time compared with the damage they are doing, forget couch lance because they do no damage either. Bump slash 1hits me most of the time like 100% gone just like that, i see the horse coming at me. i ready an attack hit the horse square in the head or legs and then get bumped not being able to do anything while bumped then slashed at the same time and the damage it does and you can't do anything about it just pisses me right off.

its just the fact that you are helpless unless you have some sort of big spear, if not and the horse has enough health you are basically dead if they decide to bump slash you, that is one thing in the whole game which is 100% broken and has no reason to be in the game.

PS: if anyone thinks rolling when bumped is the counter to bump slash you are wrong because you get slashed in the early stages of the bump animation. you can only roll when timed right after the early stages of being bumped.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:05:46 pm by Saxon. »

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 02:08:51 pm »
+6
good at backstabbing, useless as a standing tree while dismounted.

You`d be a good GK.

(click to show/hide)
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline BarBeQ

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 02:11:12 pm »
+2
Wow shame on all yer horse-haters, we got a fucking ranged virus in EU and you guys are complaining about cav? Changed to cav yesterday i will gladly bumpslash.
Also stop fanboying Royanss he is by far not the best cav Eu not even close, only his clanmates claim that.(every cav lvl 35 and full mw is )
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:01:26 pm by BarBeQ »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 02:12:40 pm »
+1
its just the fact that you are helpless unless you have some sort of big spear, if not and the horse has enough health you are basically dead if they decide to bump slash you, that is one thing in the whole game which is 100% broken and has no reason to be in the game.
If you are aware of the incoming cav - you can easily avoid being bumpslashed, if you are not - it wouldn't matter if it will be a bumpslash or just a slash.
I can't believe you have a problem with  that as a twohander with stabby weapon.
Also stop fanboying Royanss he is by far not the best cav Eu not even close, only his clanmates claim that.
U w0t m8
Name at least a single 1h cav that is better than Royanss (I like where this thread is going...).