Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 29447 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #390 on: September 04, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »
I don't think you realize how OP horse archers are when they are high level. Niluck reached the level 34 today, I don't even want to see his k/d, because I perfectly know he was completely over powered at level 33, delaying EVERY round he was alive to farm valour. This valour farming is too wrong to stay imo.

If you are going to talk about OP then i would say Lancer Cav and 1H Cav is definitely more OP than HA. HA have to shoot 4-7 times to kill someone in 55+ armor, 2 shot to people with low armor. Not to mention there are chances where HA can miss while Lance/1H Cav can kill someone in 1-3 hits and hit pretty hard.

Lance/1H Cav can carry the game pretty easily while HA not. Everyone knows how good Niluk is as a HA but can you name any other good HA beside him and zero_sat? There aren't that many HA who can top score nowadays. Every class and every weapon in cRPG can be OP in the right hands.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 04, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »
+1
Horse Archer isn't overpowered at all, it's just really annoying to play against.

Which is probably worse really, but if that is enough to have it nerfed please nerf throwing, crossbows, archers, shields and every other sort of cavalry.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #392 on: September 04, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »
If you are going to talk about OP then i would say Lancer Cav and 1H Cav is definitely more OP than HA. HA have to shoot 4-7 times to kill someone in 55+ armor, 2 shot to people with low armor. Not to mention there are chances where HA can miss while Lance/1H Cav can kill someone in 1-3 hits and hit pretty hard.

Lance/1H Cav can carry the game pretty easily while HA not. Everyone knows how good Niluk is as a HA but can you name any other good HA beside him and zero_sat? There aren't that many HA who can top score nowadays. Every class and every weapon in cRPG can be OP in the right hands.

I never said 1h/lancers weren't OP to be honest, I always wanted to see that nerfed.

Offline Donkey guy

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 04, 2014, 05:26:24 pm »
+1
Buff donkey!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡
Donkey

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #394 on: September 04, 2014, 05:39:25 pm »
+2

Again, those classes are counterable by pretty much every class nowadays after overbuffing the 1H stab. I rarely die to cav on EU1 (on occasion I get surprised ofc like everyone), but there's absolutely nothing I can do against a HA unless I'm playing as a HA or an archer bunched up with other archers. At best HAs are annoying and at worst they are gamebreaking. And it doesn't help that even though they deal zero damage on heavy infantry, they still interrupt their attacks, leaving them open for attacks when fighting in groups. Having a HA in your team significantly improves the chances of winning, even when they may not be topping the KD-charts.

Strudog keeps bringing up Yumi, but that's not the problem with HA. The problem is the ability to kite everything while shooting accurately. Yes, a Yumi makes a difference when shooting at something like a heavy armored two-hander, when it deals about 30-50% more damage than a horn bow. However against lower tier armors, like the ones on horses, it doesn't make much difference if you have a Yumi or a Tatar bow. At long distances the faster and more accurate bows are far superior to Yumi, which is why no one uses it on foot.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #395 on: September 04, 2014, 09:33:22 pm »
There aren't that many HA who can top score nowadays.

I can, u mad?

all you guys bashing HA, just a simple questions, what class do you play and have you ever tried horse archery?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 04, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »
I can, u mad?

all you guys bashing HA, just a simple questions, what class do you play and have you ever tried horse archery?

I played archery for two years, I play inf for a month, and yes.

Offline tisjester

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: TitsJester
« Reply #397 on: September 05, 2014, 07:15:56 pm »
+2
Any class that 2h heroes can't smush = OP!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 05, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »
+3
Zero risk playstyles make the game boring to play. To add insult to injury they are easy valour farmers too, just kiting and left clicking just outside range. Then add that they counter the only things that do damage to them, IE other ranged and the QQ is justified.

No skill, no risk, shitty counters
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #399 on: September 05, 2014, 08:49:51 pm »
Play siege
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #400 on: September 05, 2014, 10:54:35 pm »
+2
Zero risk playstyles make the game boring to play. To add insult to injury they are easy valour farmers too, just kiting and left clicking just outside range. Then add that they counter the only things that do damage to them, IE other ranged and the QQ is justified.

So much overstating...

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 06, 2014, 02:48:35 am »
+1
So much overstating...

Even if it hurts me to be agreeing with Grumbs point of view, I must say that Niluk is still owning a server, killing lonely archers/crossbowmen, and delaying every round to literally farm valour. As a shielder, you get bumped, then shot with a 180° angle (BS) until you die, and being two or more persons will simply create a bigger target to shoot (= less chances to miss, more points since people cannot dodge something with almost the same accuracy as foot archers). I've been playing archery for two years, and I even find cavalry being generally less OP than horse archery, because even if I get one hit, or anything like that, I still land a good stab in the horse/rider that ruins the round for him. It doesn't happen on horse archers. I personally got more chances, as a melee player, to win a fight against shoko, soldier and legolas_rus reunitted than even hitting once a kiting prick.

To sum up :

- They can farm valour easily, with a gamebreaking and annoying playstyle
- they got more drawing speed than regular archers, more mobility, the ability to bump, etc...
- they cannot be countered decently by any class on 1v1, regardlessly about being melee and ranged (except horse archers themselves), since you get bumped, shot, bumped again, shot, etc ...

That's why I agree for once with Grumbs, since all points he stated were right.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:04:03 am by Algarn »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 06, 2014, 03:46:04 am »

I could semi-agree before the accuracy patch, but now to have a good aim on a moving horse you have to be close to your target = taking risks.

Of course you can always take high evasion horse and avoid all incoming attacks if you're very aware, taking some sniper shots from a distance while not moving, then moving in on not prepared/ not aware targets at closer range and deal reasonable damage at reasonable speed, but I dont see how OP it is except in very careful hands.

The great problem is always the "delaying" capacity of HA, which is akin melee cav/infantry willing to hide/run until end of the round to play hero.
Both are kicked if admins are around.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #403 on: September 06, 2014, 10:14:40 am »
+2
Yumi is not much, if any, better than horn bow
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #404 on: September 06, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
Niluk might get good scores but he does fuck all to help his team, i'd rather have an archer who focuses good players like chase teeth atze than niluk anyday. Couldn't give a shit if the archer only went 6-5 every map as long as he kills a good player each round.

The community some how thinks you need to top eu1 nearly every map to be considered a good player.