Poll

What would you do if you were commanding KBW ?

Full out attack on Squids
Full out attack on LCOH
Full out attack Black Company/ Astralis/WFA
Full out attack Legitimate buisness men
DO SOMETHING

Author Topic: Dear key BORED warriors  (Read 15181 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: Dear key BORED warriors
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »
i dont need your approval

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2014, 09:40:08 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2014, 09:48:37 pm »
+2
2/10 even worse

9/10 for you though :D

(No 10/10 cause of wrong forumname)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2014, 09:40:06 am »
+3
i dont need your approval

Your constant posting on topics irrelevant to you says otherwise.

As a person ignorant about strat in every way, what's so hard about saying "screw it" and just cooperate to have large battles? Not like anyone cares anymore, and the faux hatred/rivalry is tiny in the grand scheme of things..

Because most of the faction leaders are petty and would rather spite the mean Internet man that hurt their feelings than to make an enjoyable gameplay experience for everyone.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:38 pm »
+4

Because most of the faction leaders are petty and would rather spite the mean Internet man that hurt their feelings than to make an enjoyable gameplay experience for everyone.

Surely that can cover some strategus players, but that's an oversimplification. It's not necessarily "fuck those guys they're assholes they need to get wiped and never have fun again" at all. Some people don't give two shits about the XP, or at least don't consider XP a primary concern. I'm one of them. I don't retire too much, taking every generation to at least 32, if not 33-34. What I am interested in is a "good fight"; I want to engage in a conflict with a relatively well-matched foe, and feel as though every victory against them is well-fought and well-earned. It's almost a MUH IMMERSION thing, but that doesn't cover it either as I am not personally interested in writing RP, although I do greatly enjoy homo-erotic RP posts from our side, especially when they involve tables.

I enjoy playing turn-based and real-time strategy games; ideally Strategus should be similar to that, albeit more dynamic and involved. Of course, it doesn't always (or often) turn out to be that, especially in this strat round, but that's what I'm looking for. So, I must disagree when you say that people don't hold XP battles because they simply want to make someone else's experience worse.

People are also not as likely to hold XP battles because they require some degree of time involved to put together armies, and some people in this round are too lazy to even do that. God forbid they take 45 minutes off of their NA_1 time, or even just take care of strat stuff while they're dead in battle.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2014, 09:53:41 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
1/10 see me after class
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2014, 11:56:17 pm »
+1
Well stated... Lol ^
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2014, 12:13:03 am »
+2
Sandersson arguing Sandersson.

It's not necessarily "fuck those guys they're assholes they need to get wiped and never have fun again" at all.

Quote from: Sandersson Jankins
Sorry, I'm still butt-blasted over losing Ismirala from a sneak-attack at a relatively shitty time that gave you an advantage. We were 13 mercs down in the battle, and my rectal cavity is still sore from it. Sorry again, but nerd-vengeance must take place.

What I am interested in is a "good fight"; I want to engage in a conflict with a relatively well-matched foe, and feel as though every victory against them is well-fought and well-earned.

Quote from: Sandersson Jankins
As much as I dislike taking part in a massive outnumbering which this seems to be, Squids/AoW/Teutonic attacked Ismirala as the initial hostile action for the fourth time in two strategus rounds, so I reckon we won't be on your side even if you're quite literally the only seriously active faction on the map.

Source

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2014, 12:32:24 am »

Source

Dionysus, I'm pretty sure the Squids are THE largest faction currently playing.  Largest active playerbase.  You can complain that several groups are ganging up on you, but in terms of active members, I bet you the numbers are more balanced than you'd like to believe. 

Example:  40 man faction, with only 6 active means that the faction may have potential, but will typically only have the strength of a 6 man active faction. 

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2014, 12:39:20 am »
+3
Dionysus, I'm pretty sure the Squids are THE largest faction currently playing.  Largest active playerbase.  You can complain that several groups are ganging up on you, but in terms of active members, I bet you the numbers are more balanced than you'd like to believe. 

Example:  40 man faction, with only 6 active means that the faction may have potential, but will typically only have the strength of a 6 man active faction.

If we're going to be this pedantic, then what's an active player? Someone who dumps troops, leads armies, does trade runs?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2014, 12:55:28 am »
+4

Source

Pretty incriminating quotes, I guess.

Can I backpedal and say I was jk back then? I'll just say I was jk. I was (still am a bit) butt-blasted at what happened up north, but I haven't attacked you guys over it, although since you are somewhat outnumbered, I could likely get some gear on lend-lease from Kalmars, and could certainly pump them up for an offensive on you. We haven't because it would be way lop-sided, and although nerd-vendettas are a factor in deciding what to do on strat, they are not the #1 priority.

Anyway, please don't start the argument of "yeah well YOU GUYS HAVE MORE ACTIVE PEOPLE" Balikar, because I've seen dozens of shit-fests that aren't funny at all going around in circles of human and animal feces.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:36:01 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2014, 01:35:49 am »
+1

Anyway, please don't start the argument of "yeah well YOU GUYS HAVE MORE ACTIVE PEOPLE" Balikar, because I've seen dozens of shit-fests that aren't funny at all going around in circles of human and animal feces.

That made me laugh. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:54:03 am by Balikar »

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2014, 02:55:28 am »
+2
Sandy,

Can we cut our palms, shake hands, and become friends again? Fight side by side, laugh about how crappy our opponents are. Come on let's just make out!
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2014, 03:02:51 am »
+5
All right Wesley, you got what you asked for. I went into TS and told Aldo its time we stop finger poppin' each others assholes. I sent him this gif visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He sent this back
(click to show/hide)
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2014, 03:21:21 am »
All right Wesley, you got what you asked for. I went into TS and told Aldo its time we stop finger poppin' each others assholes. I sent him this gif visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He sent this back
(click to show/hide)
Good to know