Author Topic: ::Blades of Ouroboros:: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS AND ALTS  (Read 13161 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: ::Blades of Ouroboros:: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS AND ALTS
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2014, 11:12:59 pm »
I just didn't want to steal your swag; the Board/mil cleaver is your trademark. Like Balbaroth and the brown lion/leet scimi. I'll never have a trademark cus I switch gear too much :(

Actually, my trademark right now is getting owned by n00bs now that my ISP has decided I should ping the cRPG servers like they are on the moon.

Ahh balb.. that monster. I remember him like it was yesterday *puts rose colored glasses on*

Btw have you tried my mw board shield? Don't remember if I loaned to you or not to try. Its pretty awesome. The slower speed does take some getting used to vs the faster shields tho. Its a beast though. Huge amounts of hp and ok armor has it lasting a while.

I understand the ping thing though.. I recently got that fixed... hopefully. Had my ping blowing up or completely losing connection lately. Should be fixed now though. Hope your isp gets its ass in gear and fixed it asap.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »
Also from my very limited experience with bucklers they seem to have a slightly smaller melee-forcefield compared to actual shields... they are a lot easier to swing around with a long weapon.

It's in your head. Paul or cmp stated a while back that melee coverage is the same for every shield (and significantly worse than manual blocking). I'd like to test it myself some time though.

I used a Heavy Round for a long time, nice shield, but it's heavier, less durable, and much slower than the heavy kite. Lateral coverage against projectiles is better, but more relevant in battle than siege (I generally know where the arrows are coming from in siege).

Btw have you tried my mw board shield? Don't remember if I loaned to you or not to try. Its pretty awesome. The slower speed does take some getting used to vs the faster shields tho. Its a beast though. Huge amounts of hp and ok armor has it lasting a while.

Don't think so. I always die before my shield due to kicks/phantom swings that go around block/crushthrough, so I don't know why I even care about durability. Hell, the best attack is usually the one right after the shield breaks (the animation is really weird).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:18:11 pm by Phew »

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:41 pm »
I only aim for the head with all my weapons lol. It just doesn't proc for me. The whole time I was playing siege with Taser last night and I only got 1 knockdown.

Also, Taser just join our clan already, I'll even let you taze me bro

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:22 pm »
+1
It's in your head. Paul or cmp stated a while back that melee coverage is the same for every shield (and significantly worse than manual blocking). I'd like to test it myself some time though.

Huh... interesting. I too have a running list of game mechanics I want to test... maybe we should have ourselves a hot date in the duel server and test some of these things?  :wink:

I used a Heavy Round for a long time, nice shield, but it's heavier, less durable, and much slower than the heavy kite. Lateral coverage against projectiles is better, but more relevant in battle than siege (I generally know where the arrows are coming from in siege).

Yeah... imo the heavy round has kind of gimped stats since its round shape supposedly makes it far better cover vs ranged. Idk how much I buy into that, since I used to use a knightly heater all the time and never once have I noticed arrows hitting me where they wouldn't if I had the heavy round. It should be noted I had 1 more shield skill with the knightly heater than I do using the heavy round, but still... forcefields OP I guess (but please keep them like that).

Don't think so. I always die before my shield due to kicks/phantom swings that go around block/crushthrough, so I don't know why I even care about durability. Hell, the best attack is usually the one right after the shield breaks (the animation is really weird).

Yeah, one time me and a clanmate were ganking a poor fellow and so we just kept spamming our swings in perfect sync so he couldn't ever drop his block... once his shield broke I got all excited (it took damn near 8-10 swings total, kinda long considering I was using my swiss) and continued to spam overheads at him... only all of a sudden his side sword was protruding from my skull and I was sitting in a pool of blood on the ground. There is definitely a weird thing where the first half of the attack animation is cut off, yet the attack still started while the "stunned" animation shows. That, or its just some latency issue.

Well, this is all a moot point since  he would rather stick with his dead clan... but, we claimed Tasah before you! He's already got one foot in the door (his stf) with us hounds, and should tkov ever disband completely, we will drag the rest of his body in by that very foot!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2014, 12:20:59 am »
+1
don't worry phew the Liuyedao will stay...

I currently have that and the arming sword so if you ever want to use it just let me know :mrgreen:

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2014, 01:24:37 am »

Yeah there's a lot of weird stuff that happens to get stuff around the shield. But I tell you what.. the board shield also automatically gives you a +3 red beard.

I only aim for the head with all my weapons lol. It just doesn't proc for me. The whole time I was playing siege with Taser last night and I only got 1 knockdown.

Really only 1? Snap.

Its funny I remember siege and I also remember playing the AoT fan game. Lol.

Sorry tho Jona has it right.

Well, this is all a moot point since  he would rather stick with his dead clan...

^

but, we claimed Tasah before you! He's already got one foot in the door (his stf) with us hounds, and should tkov ever disband completely, we will drag the rest of his body in by that very foot!

Lol. That was for the tourney. Which is over apparently? I dunno what the hell is going on with that anymore.

Besides better dead in a ravine than green!

Blue is a vastly better color than green kno wat I'm saiyan. (wonder what rhymes with blue that's somewhat catchy)

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2014, 01:35:08 am »
+1
Wear blue, drink Baileys from a shoe.... I'm old Greg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2014, 01:55:12 am »
Yeah there's a lot of weird stuff that happens to get stuff around the shield. But I tell you what.. the board shield also automatically gives you a +3 red beard.

There may be some truth to this statement...

Really only 1? Snap.

Its funny I remember siege and I also remember playing the AoT fan game. Lol.

AoT? U wot?

Sorry tho Jona has it right.

I'm always right.

Lol. That was for the tourney. Which is over apparently? I dunno what the hell is going on with that anymore.

Nah it's still going, but ever so slowly... Tydeus kinda half-died.

Besides better dead in a ravine than green!

Negative. You might be very green if you were dead in a ravine, there's grass, leafs, weeds, n shit that you would be covered in.

Blue is a vastly better color than green kno wat I'm saiyan. (wonder what rhymes with blue that's somewhat catchy)

No. No, I'm afraid I don't.

Based upon all the above factual information, presented in green, we can conclude that due to the fact that I am always right, and that you are clearly conflicted in your opinions on color (red beard, but blue best color? Fuck that you hyprocrite... pick one! If blue was best you would have a blue beard, now wouldn't you!?!), green color best color.

And since you want a rap-off, just remember, you started dis...

Green Regime, it reigns supreme,
It gets dem bitchez to all scream,
If blue was cool and just sweet,
Then it would cause us all to skeet.

Yeah, you in way ovah yo head boi. Bring it.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2014, 02:44:39 am »
Based upon all the above factual information, presented in green, we can conclude that due to the fact that I am always right, and that you are clearly conflicted in your opinions on color (red beard, but blue best color? Fuck that you hyprocrite... pick one! If blue was best you would have a blue beard, now wouldn't you!?!), green color best color.

There's no way to have a blue beard you madman! NO WAY... not without dem mods anyway.

And since you want a rap-off, just remember, you started dis...

Rap off? You see one sentence that rhymes and its a rap? Shame.

You would see the old better dead than red stuff and think rap? u w0t m8?

Green Regime, it reigns supreme,
It gets dem bitchez to all scream,
If blue was cool and just sweet,
Then it would cause us all to skeet.

Yeah, you in way ovah yo head boi. Bring it.[/color]

Nah brah. That's not what I'm about.

Green Regime be screaming
Their heads be popping as I'm cleaving
They see me walking in representing blue
Just can't handle the old school crew

Besides dude you seriously didn't see my lame attempt to make it sound like the old phrase better dead than red? Come on now.

I'm not a rap dude anyway. So.. if this gets like in rhyme and verse and whatever.. too hardcore 5 me.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2014, 03:29:35 am »
+3

Representing red white and black,
BoO's on the [A]ttack
always roll up strapped
got them masterwerks stacked
mercenaries for hire
when transactions transpire
bitches skulls get cracked

The MC Tojo, the pimp from afar
Swinging on you hard,
fools gettin ' scimatard
BoO's the best banner you've seen
much better than blue and green.
also MC Tojo best rap bard.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2014, 03:57:49 am »
+3
^ :::Tojo drops mic and walks offstage, while Taser and Jona stand there slackjawed, stunned by the rap battle beatdown they just incurred:::

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2014, 09:44:21 am »
Psshhhh... yall ain't seen nuthin yet.

I could go on, but I'll spare you all from feeling vastly inferior.   :mrgreen:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »
i still cant decide on my end game build...

i either want to go swashbuckler or 1h\pole hybrid

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »
I changed our background color to be just a shade darker red; from "Red" to "Dark Red". The cherry red was searing my eyeballs (especially since I wear the colored helm), and I feel like archers always shot me first since my head was a big glowing target. I know it doesn't match the red on the banner, but I think it looks better overall. Feel free to change it back if you don't like it.

I'm also fine with black if anyone wants that. I just retired my 2h, so once I liquidate his looms and I'll put some money in the bank to help fund the banner renewal.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »
I changed our background color to be just a shade darker red; from "Red" to "Dark Red". The cherry red was searing my eyeballs (especially since I wear the colored helm), and I feel like archers always shot me first since my head was a big glowing target. I know it doesn't match the red on the banner, but I think it looks better overall. Feel free to change it back if you don't like it.

I'm also fine with black if anyone wants that. I just retired my 2h, so once I liquidate his looms and I'll put some money in the bank to help fund the banner renewal.

Phew! You changed your forum avatar! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :cry: