Author Topic: New game mode - ideas  (Read 423 times)

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
New game mode - ideas
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:13 am »
I was watching some videos of battlefield 4 the other day, and the Obliteration game mode looked really fun. So I tried to think of ways to port something similiar to warband. For those who don't know the rules, check the spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

So basicly what I'd love to see is a game mode where both teams would have defensive and offensive objectives.

• Perhaps the obliteration mode would work straight out of the box? Just change the bomb to a powder keg and mark the objectives with flag?
  • Another idea was to have maps where both teams would hold a village. Between the villages would be neutral zone that would spawn some item/flag (one at a time, maybe 3 total), and both teams would have to rush for it and take it to their base. Would also be fun feature if you could sneak into enemy village and steal their captured flags and carry them to your own base, that way there would be also defensive objective. Winner would be the team to control more flags when all are captured and in base, or when time runs out.

These are just sketchy ideas that need a lot of work... sooo, any thoughts?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: New game mode - ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:57 am »
+1
I always wondered why there is no classic CTF in Warband but especially in crpg...

Anyway, the powder keg idea sounds fun.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:56:56 pm »
I always wondered why there is no classic CTF in Warband but especially in crpg...

Anyway, the powder keg idea sounds fun.
But there is CTF in Warband :?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:51:41 pm »
Infection mode.

Starts with like one or 2 'infected' and a large map where people spawn some distance apart.

Every non-infected that dies respawns as 'infected' and hunts the rest.

Last man standing gets the medieval thrill of his life as he is hunted by the entire other team.

Possibility of tactical TK to be last man standing, weighing TK against the value of having teammates.

Can name the mode 'Plague' or 'Black Death' if immersion and RP *really* matter at this point in the mod.

The non infected have crossbows and the infected have melee?

Might be fun even if its open for whatever weapons for anyone. Would be lame if the infected have ranged though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login