54 (34.4%)
Old Voice Commands
25 (15.9%)
Mostly Old with some of the new ones
35 (22.3%)
Something else (give them run?)
2 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Author Topic: Voice Commands Poll  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Re: Voice Commands Poll
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »
+1
Keeping the new commands + adding final (real) female ones + fixing some of the males is exactly what we're planning to do.

I just think u guys don't know what kind of work that is. 200 + Voice commands first recording and later NAMING & exporting ONE BY ONE - that's not an easy job - actually it really sucks :D.

But that's something i'm willed to do - if you are patient, and stop raging all the time just bcus there's a placeholder right now.

Since the patch was released, i made a list of what to change. And this list will be processed within the next month. Just give me some time.

If you don't like the new VC, use the patch provided by (Turkhammer i guess?) and stop QQing.

Kremsclan - loudest clan.

I don't like placeholders, the new VC should have been finished before integrating into the mod. Also you should have let the community sample some of the sounds beforehand to get feedback.

I really liked the old female VC, it was amazing despite how limited it was. Running around as a sassy agi hero and telling people to shutup turned out to be the thing that kept me playing this mod. Once this was removed I quit and I have not touched the game since. Yes I could revert, but I guess I am spoiled and don't believe I should have to edit my game to make it playable again. I'll give your new VC a chance when it is finished, but it looks like I'm taking a break from the game until then.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:15:11 pm by Gmnotutoo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »
We did.

It never was a secret, this is only the first attempt to have a complete new set of VC for c-rpg. Implementing the troll voices was meant to be an easteregg - for some ppl to maybe enjoy trolling for a few weeks before it gets serious again.

I'm pretty sure, the voice commands can be both - informative, serious, and at the same time funny if used in the right moment - and that's the thing i'm aiming for.

As mentioned above, the voice commands need some more work. And I will certainly think about everything i've read so far - except molly's 1000000000000 childish cryposts.

So thanks for your feedback. I will open a new topic asa the production starts, where ppl can suggest commands and poll for changes - until then, try taking it as a little joke - cus that what those placeholders were meant to be.

Summary:

About the whistling - yes.

Also: Yells will be much shorter.

And: Some of the male commands need adjustment too.

Plus: Complete new set of Female voices.

(on a side note: I can't understand why ppl start being offensive and/or pissed about something like that... and can't help myself, thinking about 13 yo. wannabe adults - no offense molly. But i'm beginning to think you're some real hardcore prick.)
Well, guess my childish crypost mode someone finally react to the complains after days of... nothing. So fuck off with your attitude.
You were the one adding some bullshit voice samples so you can run around with your Krems buddies and "have fun" (talk about childish more please), disregarding completely that you're not the only one playing the mod. Let's just add something I like... Fuck the rest! That's your thinking?

And if pointing out like 5 or 6 times that I hate what you did with the voice commands - nearly the only thing that kept me playing the mod - makes me a hardcore prick... Well, so be it. Guess voicing ones opinion isn't wished for any more.

I stand by it: you fucked up and now you're not even able to consider the possibility that you made a mistake. Nope - I am a hardcore prick and your place holders were a grand scheme to bring the fun back to crpg. lmao... No fun for the majority in this thread, not to mention all the people who downloaded Rhekimos' old voice package. But fuck them too. Guess they all are hardcore pricks like me... Good job Mr Developer...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 06:34:06 pm »
Chill out, you seem to be even more angry than people seeing ranged buffed. These are simply voices molly, you dled the Rhekimos's pack, that's ok, I don't see why you keep this hate. Actually, I was pissed off by those ridiculous voices, it was like a fucking barbaric warrior was going to say charge with the voice of a child.  :rolleyes:  Voices needed rework, and I'm glad that Fin is doing something for the mod, since no one will bug devs about things that must change.

Fin, if you got some time, can you add besides of the yell new curses like :

- We will murder you
- Go to hell
- Go die scum
etc ... 

As I said earlier, we need more people to keep this mod alive by having better elements of the battlefields, and voices are indispensable, unless you think that soldiers aren't intelligent enough to curse etc... Keep it up Fin !

Offline Simon_Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Belmonts and many Warhammer refferencing names
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:07 pm »
We did.

It never was a secret, this is only the first attempt to have a complete new set of VC for c-rpg. Implementing the troll voices was meant to be an easteregg - for some ppl to maybe enjoy trolling for a few weeks before it gets serious again.

I'm pretty sure, the voice commands can be both - informative, serious, and at the same time funny if used in the right moment - and that's the thing i'm aiming for.

As mentioned above, the voice commands need some more work. And I will certainly think about everything i've read so far - except molly's 1000000000000 childish cryposts.

So thanks for your feedback. I will open a new topic asa the production starts, where ppl can suggest commands and poll for changes - until then, try taking it as a little joke - cus that what those placeholders were meant to be.                                                                                                                                                 

Thanks,Fin. Listening to us alone is a step in the right direction. I'm sure it will turn out just fine.
Cheers.

Edit: Some orcish "WAAAAAGH" sounds would have been funnier to me... just saying. "Get'em", "Crush them" or "At'em, lads" would be great alternatives tho, for the yell.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:48:10 pm by Simon_Belmont »
You didn't read the fine print on the description of the HA skill. By using ranged on horse you willingly give up your right to empathy, for good reason.
I'm gone for a few months due to work and classes, hoping the mod isn't dead when I come back. Take care, all of you.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2014, 06:43:52 pm »
Yes, I am angry.
Because it was done without announcement.
Because it was done without asking.
Because it was done without thinking.
Because it was done for the entertainment of 10 guys.
Because it wasn't done properly.

But guess it's okay to fuck up the game for 100 people as long as "you do something to keep the mod alive".

Oh well, enjoy...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2014, 06:51:47 pm »
Well, guess my childish crypost mode someone finally react to the complains after days of... nothing. So fuck off with your attitude.
You were the one adding some bullshit voice samples so you can run around with your Krems buddies and "have fun" (talk about childish more please), disregarding completely that you're not the only one playing the mod. Let's just add something I like... Fuck the rest! That's your thinking?

And if pointing out like 5 or 6 times that I hate what you did with the voice commands - nearly the only thing that kept me playing the mod - makes me a hardcore prick... Well, so be it. Guess voicing ones opinion isn't wished for any more.

I stand by it: you fucked up and now you're not even able to consider the possibility that you made a mistake. Nope - I am a hardcore prick and your place holders were a grand scheme to bring the fun back to crpg. lmao... No fun for the majority in this thread, not to mention all the people who downloaded Rhekimos' old voice package. But fuck them too. Guess they all are hardcore pricks like me... Good job Mr Developer...

It's not the FACT that you're pointing (OBVIOUS) things out. It's the fact HOW you're doing it.

Don't expect me to be friendly and understanding, if you are acting like you're acting - i mean does that work IRL for you?

Besides - if you'd even bother to read my posts, you'd know that we both have the same opinion. I understand, that some ppl dislike the changes (like they also disliked the old female voices when they were introduced btw...) - i dislike some of them myself and know that there's many things to fix.

But why are you so crazy about me admitting i've done something "wrong"? And why should it be "wrong" if there's also ppl who do like the voices?

There's always the possibility of writing PM's or asking me ingame/irc and telling me how you feel about it - and compared to dragging your own problems into public, acting like a jerk, something you could expect more of.

It's one thing to state an opinion - but an entirely different to insult ppl for theirs.

The latter i will never understand nor face with patience.

So, to use YOUR words, you fuck off with your attitude as well.

Mute mode on.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2014, 06:54:42 pm »
QFT.
Why implementing shit placeholders in the first place?
Only reason is the one above. Just look at Krems celebrating the voice spam...

Fin fucked up - that's the simple truth.

Donkey Crew is involved in this, chadz is trying to bring us down!  :mad:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »
Yes. I'm angry.

Because there is no patch that reverts it... oh wait there is.

But I guess it's okay to fuck up the game for Molly as long as everyone else is either having fun, or at least the decency to wait until it's finished and enjoying either the new, weird commands - or just using the old ones.

And guess what... yes it is.

FIFY.

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 06:57:45 pm »
can you add some nice insults

like those ones :

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2014, 06:59:01 pm »
+4
Considering all the hate i received for 1 full day of recording, cutting, bouncing - there will be loads of insults in the final version - yes. :D

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2014, 06:59:12 pm »
Qqv should be "get reekttt"
And qqf should be "Where mah bitch at?"
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »
Yes. I'm angry.

Because there is no patch that reverts it... oh wait there is.

But I guess it's okay to fuck up the game for Molly as long as everyone else is either having fun, or at least the decency to wait until it's finished and enjoying either the new, weird commands - or just using the old ones, or quitting the game because the new ones are really fucked up and making a player alter his own game files in order to have something that did not need fixing in the first place back.

And guess what... yes it is.

FIFY.

FTFY
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 07:06:50 pm »
+1
Qqv should be "get reekttt"

Panos would love Fin for that :lol:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »
Panos would love Fin for that :lol:

So would I!

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 07:13:59 pm »
Considering all the hate i received for 1 full day of recording, cutting, bouncing - there will be loads of insults in the final version - yes. :D

Nice ! and please add a secret command that makes you explode