Author Topic: The [MMO] RPG Brainstorm Thread  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Re: The [MMO] RPG Brainstorm Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 03:16:04 am »
I definetly want player to player trading aswell, but I also think this is a way to make the world very alive and immersive. Naturally not everything will be available in shops just the basic raw materials everyone needs. What is created out of them will not be in shops, besides a basic sword and board, or some pants and boots.

(Check my latest post, i ninja edited it!  :oops:)
Well, I think player owned shops could be an idea, altough with limited space, so you have to decide what kind of goods to sell. You would also probably need some NPC (or hire bored players who to try some store-simulation? :lol:) to man the shop, wich shouldn't be free.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 03:19:23 am »
Mount and blade combat

????

GOTY, 10/10 ign
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 03:40:51 am »
Mount and blade combat

????

GOTY, 10/10 ign

Well, I mentioned to keep MBG in mind, so the m&b combat was kinda obvious... Or atleast I thought.

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 03:45:43 am »
Basically what UO was. I never played it but the stories of that game.. are awesome.

Open pvp, player housing (that you designed), ability for different playstyles, huge ability to shape the world...

I mean I never played. It was before my time (and during but I never knew about it) but if UO was available now in a decent 3D way... my god it'd be glorious.

brb able to set up chests inside chests that have traps to kill people as they open up individual chests.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 03:48:30 am »
How much players did UO have at its peak? And how many players per server?

Peaked at 250k in '03. Hmm
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 05:14:38 am »
I want hot e-sex RP with fully fleshed animations and a wide variation of positions and species to choose from
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 05:21:03 am »
+1
I want hot e-sex RP with fully fleshed animations and a wide variation of positions and species to choose from

i saw that you were the last post and thought "god its probably sex"

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 09:48:42 am »
+1
I loved shadowbane as mmo, for the cities builded by guilds, the unique shops in those cities, the open pvp BUT organized sieges (at mines or cities) and the epic runes respawn sistem. Something like that but with a M&M combat style would be awsome for me. At the moment i'm lookin for Life is Feudal, but that's an indie game so i have poor expectations, i also played mortal but that's really bad realized.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 10:04:14 am »
+1
I once wrote these feature ideas down for a non fantasy medieval mmorpg (for some reason; way before M:BG was announced):

- fully realistic fictional medieval world (no fantasy items, beasts, just land names different)
- Mount & Blade -ish combat system
- skill based leveling (skill increased by using appropriate actions)
- combat skills like one handed swords, two handed swords, shield
- other skills like crafting, farming, fishing, tailoring, resource gathering and many more
- skill caps and limitations to prevent grind to win
- Player control of villages, castles, lands... (setting tax, amount of guards, …)
- Players earning titles by raising skills (good farming skill = “Farmer” Joe)
- Royal titles such as Count, Duke, King (ala CK2)
- Royal titles earned by earning prestige (battles, efficiency of owned land, buy with gold)
- Player title hierarchical structure, Counts paying taxes to Dukes, etc (just like CK2)
- Player run economy
- Every item can/must be crafted
- Localized trade, no global shops/auction houses, transporting goods by yourself (with cart, ..)
- Resources depending on counties and land, each land would only have certain resources which will encourage trading
- Open PK PvP, killing without reason = murder = consequences = guards alert at villages
- Full loot on death
- Outlaw system, outlaw camps/villages, jail system for those caught (pay or mine in a mine, hand in ore to get out)
- Faction warfare over kingdoms/lands, Kings declaring war costs prestige etc., killing in wars != murder, wars/sieges scheduled
- Land claiming, house building, sandbox features …
- Tournaments for earning prestige
- Buildable / customized castles / villages (you'd have to build and place blacksmith, walls, towers, etc)
- Kings, Duke, … lose throne by losing prestige every day of control, then they can be challenged (in a tournament, by guild war, ..) for the title
- Item quality
- You can sell to NPC villagers, but it is discouraged (less money and it takes time) - selling 100 wood for example in your shop would take 10 hours, 10 wood per hour. Selling to players would give you more gold and faster time.
- Possible permadeath and character retirement, you then play as a son with about the same skill/attribute stats
- Faction switching with severe penalties

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2014, 11:04:04 am »
I once wrote these feature ideas down for a non fantasy medieval mmorpg (for some reason; way before M:BG was announced):
[/spoiler]
- fully realistic fictional medieval world (no fantasy items, beasts, just land names different)
- Mount & Blade -ish combat system
- skill based leveling (skill increased by using appropriate actions)
- combat skills like one handed swords, two handed swords, shield
- other skills like crafting, farming, fishing, tailoring, resource gathering and many more
- skill caps and limitations to prevent grind to win
- Player control of villages, castles, lands... (setting tax, amount of guards, …)
- Players earning titles by raising skills (good farming skill = “Farmer” Joe)
- Royal titles such as Count, Duke, King (ala CK2)
- Royal titles earned by earning prestige (battles, efficiency of owned land, buy with gold)
- Player title hierarchical structure, Counts paying taxes to Dukes, etc (just like CK2)
- Player run economy
- Localized trade, no global shops/auction houses, transporting goods by yourself (with cart, ..)
- Resources depending on counties and land, each land would only have certain resources which will encourage trading
- Open PK PvP, killing without reason = murder = consequences = guards alert at villages
- Full loot on death
- Outlaw system, outlaw camps/villages, jail system for those caught (pay or mine in a mine, hand in ore to get out)
- Faction warfare over kingdoms/lands, Kings declaring war costs prestige etc., killing in wars != murder, wars/sieges scheduled
- Land claiming, house building, sandbox features …
- Tournaments for earning prestige
- Buildable / customized castles / villages (you'd have to build and place blacksmith, walls, towers, etc)
- Kings, Duke, … lose throne by losing prestige every day of control, then they can be challenged (in a tournament, by guild war, ..) for the title
- Item quality
- You can sell to NPC villagers, but it is discouraged (less money and it takes time) - selling 100 wood for example in your shop would take 10 hours, 10 wood per hour. Selling to players would give you more gold and faster time.
- Possible permadeath and character retirement, you then play as a son with about the same skill/attribute stats
- Faction switching with severe penalties
[/spoiler]

I am cvurrtently away but imma type a Morre in depth rrepply when i get home. But i think we arre both kind of in the same. Area when it comes to the idea..

Fucvk this- ill wait till i get home, this thing vkep registerting keystrrokes double..  :mad:

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2014, 11:13:26 am »
Like the idea of optional perma-death that provides character benefits  :twisted:

Toggling 'perma-death' provides a large bonus to stats, and to exp gain, and if a character achieves a unique title like a King or a powerful noble they cannot untoggle this mode. If they die they die, and the position must be filled by another player.

Perma-death players killed by perma-death players have a high chance to die (but not 100%) if beaten.

Perma-death killed by a non-perma-death regular player has a medium-low chance to die.

Non-perma-death characters, as the name implies, cannot be killed permanently - but cannot hold unique positions or gain the benefits unless they toggle this.

I actually went a little differrent with this, albeit the idea is the same, a hardcore opption that increases yourr XP-(or how the rrewwarrd system works) but you will have to think of food, drinking, etc.

The idea is to reward the hardcore aspect, id even go as far as to implement a ffatique option that afffects you affter walking long distances, with food decreasing the detorriation seed, resting slightly rrestoring it, a combination of both resulting in an increases efffect. Etc.

Also, ideally id like to see rtealistic bacckpacks, no hundreds off item you can storte in them, no dozens loafs of bread etc. With karts, hosre & wagon forr rrent which you can use ffotr resourrce gathering

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 05:40:21 pm »

- Player run economy
- Full loot on death

You should read my text about player supply and demand, and how AI could work with it.

- The players will be the sole generators of trade/craft goods.

This is imo a fairly big deal, as I mentioned in my Trade Caravan post this simple thing holds alot of options.

Each town's AI could produce transport quests for the players. Keeping in mind geological differences in all the area's which results in Good 1 being abundent here but in shortage elsewhere.

Just this simple supply/demand thing results in towns having to communicate with eachother, the AI of town 1 tells the AI of town 2 that trading good 1 is in shortage, whilst town 2 got plenty of it.

Voila, a generated transport quest that takes goods from Town 2 to town 1. Its more or less a system that keeps trying to keep the balance even among towns.

Now, an instance might occur that a good is in shortage in a town, but very abundant in another town. The incentive should be there for players to pick up that quest and start delivering. So I was thinking of a scaled reward system, if you transport a good to a town where they need that good badly you will be rewarded far more then if you transport it to a town which has plent of it.

Football match is almost starting, ill continue tomorrow.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »
+1
World of StarCraft. I'm sry but if they were able to make flying characters meld into an mmo... I'm sold. I'd play it for st least 2 weeks
Pock gobblers

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 08:18:45 pm »
Hey I don't wanna derail stuff but if anyone has an idea for a good 2D (topdown) fighting system I would love to read it

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »
Hey I don't wanna derail stuff but if anyone has an idea for a good 2D (topdown) fighting system I would love to read it

Turn based or live action?

i'll be there at around
chadztime™