Poll

Should the community have input on who is on the admin team? (fuck off europe)

No, and I am satisfied with the current admin team.
36 (31.6%)
No, but I am dissatisfied with the current admin team.
8 (7%)
Yes, and I am dissatisfied with the current admin team.
50 (43.9%)
Yes, but I am satisfied with the current admin team.
20 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: Should the community have input on who is on the admin team? (fuck off europe)  (Read 4023 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Any nominations? It'd be nice to have some more NA admins.

Most nominations in this thread are nice. Maybe you guys should open an official thread for applications/nominations.

You know what might hit the spot for keeping admins community-approved, and active/current? Open an official nominations/applications/voting thread each month in which the community can suggest/nominate admins to be added to the team next month. Maybe people can only have others suggest them, maybe they can apply themselves to be an admin, maybe a mix of both.

The nominations/applications can then be gathered by the thread-owner and put into a poll near the end of the month in which the community can vote and show which admin they most want to be added to the team. Maybe near the end you reset the poll for a second round of voting with only the top-voted admins, until you get it down to like a pick between 2-4 people. Whoever gets the most community votes in the poll at the end of that gets put up into consideration for the admin team.

You could find some way to balance the powers of the community vs. the admin teams wants. Maybe have something like the popular vote (community)/electoral vote (admin team)... but don't allow either group to totally silence the other one or we will have the same problems we've had--either joke admins will get voted in by the community and deteriorate the admin team, or the same niche of ingroup players will be put into the admin team because of elite favoritism.

Maybe instead of having the admin team itself be the counterbalance to the community suggestions in the thread, you could have an elected council of players--like a judicial branch (that are not on the admin team)--that ultimately chooses between the top 2-4 voted players. This way the community gets to suggest players, and the admin team isn't going to be allowed to have favoritism and ingroup thinking create a selection of players that is irrespective of the community at large.

Or maybe this is all too fucking complicated and I've just wasted 8 minutes of my god damn time writing about something shamefully nerdy. I don't know.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
2 Month election cycles where you vote in a specific Party containing any number of players, who get complete control of what rules to set and admins to appoint. Automatic weekly opinion polls which if go above 70% (arbitrary number, can be changed) of people disliking the current party in power, an election is instantly held to change them.

True Democracy is the only way for the future of NA cRPG. There are no downsides, if you think someone else is doing a bad job then change your vote to someone else, or form your own party and try get into power. Democracy will succeed, 238 years of history are evidence of that.

Elections and opinion polls of course just being done with forum threads.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
Re: Should the community have input on who is on the admin team?
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:38 am »
+5
Maybe throw some looms into a harbor, dunno
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW

Yes! Then we can start lobbying admins with looms and gold to ban people.

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
What daruvian said was actually a good suggestion. RIP logic.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT EUROPE, YOU `MURRICAN POOR FAT FUCK???
YOUR SHITHOLE EXCUSE OF A COUNTRY WAS DISCOVERED BY EURORICH PEOPLE, YOUR LANDS WERE LIBERATED FROM THE SATANIST NATIVES WHO THEY WORSHIPPED THE SATAN SUN GOD.
WE BROUGHT PEACE AND JUSTICE TO YOUR LAND, AND SLAVES ALSO, SO YOU OWE EVERYTHING YOU EAT, TO SPAIN, FRANCE, PORTUGAL AND ENGLAND!

GLORIOUS EUROPE, WE SALUTE YOU, WE LOVE YOU EUROPE, YOU`RE THE BEST COUNTRY EUROPE. THE AMERICANS ARE FAT AND POOR, AMEN.

EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Lets bury this thread with EU best country in world posts.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
YOUR SHITHOLE EXCUSE OF A COUNTRY WAS DISCOVERED BY EURORICH PEOPLE, YOUR LANDS WERE LIBERATED FROM THE SATANIST NATIVES WHO THEY WORSHIPPED THE SATAN SUN GOD.
WE BROUGHT PEACE AND JUSTICE TO YOUR LAND, AND SLAVES ALSO, SO YOU OWE EVERYTHING YOU EAT, TO SPAIN, FRANCE, PORTUGAL AND ENGLAND!

GLORIOUS EUROPE, WE SALUTE YOU, WE LOVE YOU EUROPE, YOU`RE THE BEST COUNTRY EUROPE. THE AMERICANS ARE FAT AND POOR, AMEN.

EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE

AND WHERE DO YOU THINK EUROPE GOT ALL THE SLAVES FROM? IGNORANT GREEK CUNT!

AFRICA
AFRICA
AFRICA
AFRICA
AFRICA
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 10:20:28 am »
+1

Ahahahah, i luv it.

EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE
EUROPE

Aahhhhh :)
The glorious panos in all his mighty glory !
Briliant !
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:25:42 am by Herezy92 »

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 01:45:47 pm »
+6
All devs and admins are the community, and we always take community perspective into consideration.

You heard it here first, folks. The devs and admins ARE the community. Not a part of, not the minority, they are the only ones in the community. As such, they naturally take their own perspective into consideration.

#powertothepeople

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
You heard it here first, folks. The devs and admins ARE the community. Not a part of, not the minority, they are the only ones in the community. As such, they naturally take their own perspective into consideration.

#powertothepeople
(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Yes! Then we can start lobbying admins with looms and gold to ban people.

Don't even bother voting. The admins have been bought out by Big Loom Farma.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
blergh i misclicked in the poll
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV