Poll

Should the community have input on who is on the admin team? (fuck off europe)

No, and I am satisfied with the current admin team.
36 (31.6%)
No, but I am dissatisfied with the current admin team.
8 (7%)
Yes, and I am dissatisfied with the current admin team.
50 (43.9%)
Yes, but I am satisfied with the current admin team.
20 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: Should the community have input on who is on the admin team? (fuck off europe)  (Read 4349 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
I'm not saying it should be either way in the OP. I'm just the presenter of the question.

If you ask me to speak of my own opinion though, I think it might be cool if the community has a say. Keep in mind "having a say" does not mean being the jury, judge, and executioner. It means maybe being one of those things. I'm not saying give us all the control, because we would undeniably fuck it up... but perhaps we could have votes about new admin appointees, that aren't totally final but that the devs can see to accurately judge our sentiments? Shit like that.

EDIT: And Kaoklai is absolutely right that it already is a popularity contest. It's just a question of who the voters are.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Should the community have input on who is on the admin team?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »
+4
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/stand-united-with-allers-against-bad-admins/105/

^Maybe you should go read through that and see how it makes you feel cause i dont even like that guy and its so fucked up.

Most of the NA admins dont even play and when they do they come on and ban or kick people for stupid reasons and then go missing for another month......Theres like an exception of 4-5 admins that the whole NA community likes and does their job right.

Just sucks that such an amazing mod that has had so much potential has to be run by shitty people that have no idea how to have any responsibility :cry: :cry: :cry:

^ "chadz, get a hold of your fucking mod, the people you intrusted it to, are killing it. Not a good look for M:BG, crpg will be the only reference people have, and the things happening in crpg, are ridiculous"

Everyone in NA talks about how much better chadz crpg was compared to new Tydeus\Chaos crpg. Dont let 3 great years\all your hard work go to waste, fire NA team and balance the mod how YOU would, cuz you made a pretty fun mod chadz.

Tydeus and Co with their agi bias, have made your fun mod, shit, and it just gets shittier and shittier.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »
+4
Is there really a big difference? All devs and are admins are the community, and we always take community perspective into consideration. It's not like we make the biggest douches admins.

(click to show/hide)

No they aren't "douches" aka posting or talking bluntly about disliking people, but instead most of the admins are creepy passive-aggressive types that obsess "the rules" and "ban history" and never drop the facade while dealing out permabans from the cRPG Official Servers, aka the only servers for your mod, usually over these pathetic attempts to stretch out one of the 5 rules cMP wrote as suggestions years ago to fit some obviously harmless situation, with most players thinking "wow the fuck is wrong with this game's administration lol"

chadz are you saying you think the "community" of a couple hundred NA players agree that people should be permabanned off the one server we can play your game on? Most of those admins have probably never even donated any money to keeping the servers open, you know the ones that all the "douches and trolls" of LLJK actually bought and financed along with Fallen and other donators for several months until you guys took it over, and now recently the admins have decided for themselves to begin permabanning the ones that they feel don't belong. It doesn't make any sense. We can't play this game anywhere else, and these admins for the past year have been permabanning or stacking ban report sheets to eventually permaban people who "troll" too much (aka insult admins in chat)

Honestly you should probably just get rid of all this message board/in game admin bullshit because it does way more harm than good. Or seriously just wipe out every admin and actually let us ourselves decide on a bunch of people with vastly different attitudes on this stuff and seriousness of "gaming"  so some shit forum sub-culture that leads to permabans and power abuse doesn't develop any further and keep it a normal fun game where teamkillers and stuff are eventually punished and nothing more insane like it should be.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
I'm not saying it should be either way in the OP. I'm just the presenter of the question.

If you ask me to speak of my own opinion though, I think it might be cool if the community has a say. Keep in mind "having a say" does not mean being the jury, judge, and executioner. It means maybe being one of those things. I'm not saying give us all the control, because we would undeniably fuck it up... but perhaps we could have votes about new admin appointees, that aren't totally final but that the devs can see to accurately judge our sentiments? Shit like that.

As I speak Ganner is kciking people off server for using the voice commands.  Fucking cuntbag.

EDIT: And Kaoklai is absolutely right that it already is a popularity contest. It's just a question of who the voters are.

Current admins are made up primarily of players who have been around for many years.  problem is many of them hardly play this game anymore and hop on, ban someone (trolololo), and then go play something else again before they need to get their trolling jollies again.  They have no understanding of the community, just their own insular, realm of the land of the pretentious autist called chaos.  Please replace head admin with and active one and he can make most of these changes that are needed chadz, because the current one is a major part of the problem.

As I type Ganner is kicking people off NA1 for using voice commands with the new patch that came out today - fucking cuntbag.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:36:57 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »
+18
It already is a popularity contest, except the people who decide on it are all almost unanimously terrible admins and people instead of the proletariat. Monthly elections are what NA cRPG needs and deserves, then if someone is appointed who is bad, the people can vote to not have him the next time. For too long have Americans had to live with European oligarchs ruling over us, now that time is over, we the people will make a stand.  We the people will not be silenced. We the people want our rights.

Maybe throw some looms into a harbor, dunno

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 08:45:44 pm »
If it was up to us, Panos would be elected as an admin and ban all Eques+Kapikulu+Druzhina+Grey before the night of his first day as an admin :D
asshole
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
fucking chadz crashed my thread

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
fucking chadz crashed my thread

A parable of EU and NA relations.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Any nominations? It'd be nice to have some more NA admins.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
I accidentally clicked one down of what I think and now am part of the majority.

Community elected admins would make the survers chaotic. The admins would include people like testicleeze. Then the admins would not decide to take action, ever. Admins need to be selected by a hierarchy so that proper people are picked. The only problem with the current system is that canary only elects people that he knows well to become admins. This is understandable being that he would not want to elect a person that he can't trust, but, it also keeps things to the same niche of players. The rest can be explained in a post that I put in the other thread. fetching it......

1. The bulk of the admins are on mid-day leaving only an occasional admin on in the later hours. These are the times that most of the players are online and active leading to most of the admins not having a first had accounts of what is actually happening and subsequently not allowing the proper calls to be made in ban/unban threads.

2. The admin team is comprised of people whom are from the same niche. By this I mean they are the quiet people, the ones whom do not talk in servers much nor wander to different groups or clans teamspeaks to have a chat or talk. They do not understand what some people call "fun" and some people call "harassment" except by what they put it from their own standards. Problems like allers being banned are happening from just that. Ganner/the admin team did not look at it from the other points of views. Most of the people that would have disagreed with the ban request didn't do so because they either don't go on the forums that much or deemed it too dumb to even waste their time on. Then when he ended up getting banned I was told about it, looked it up, and saw that allers indeed did get banned for what I would call "not trying hard enough".

3. The current admins rarely have the "laid back" play style that some people have fun with. I know san did the donkey punch thing a while back. He is also a goodmin(Edit: also witchcraft, artyem and desire). It's the admins that do not kick back once in a while that make the seemingly blinded calls that upset the community.

2. Get a more diverse niche of players as admins. Examples: dynamike or mae, jona, mango.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:21:28 am by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
I'd say Jona but he rarely plays.

Jack wouldn't do half bad, really.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
(fuck off NA)

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
It's just a question of who the voters are.

BadPlayer and Smoothrich voted me in.   8-)

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
I like this idea. Another thing I might add to it is possibly long-existing clans with active members should have at least 1 representative as an admin (which the community agrees is best fit for the job).

We also need to have a good method of getting rid of inactive admins so there's always a continuous cycle of admins "being active."
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.