Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27210 times)

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2014, 11:42:29 pm »
insert tanken.png here (you know the one)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2014, 11:47:03 pm »
The Head NA admins dislike the community so much they have also alienated the people in their own teamspeak? chadz, this should be your first red flag.

Now replace "Testi" with "Allers" and this semi-coherent statement is still a decent description of both players. The only thing contrasting here is a latent bias from yourself and part of the community (Also, Testi was banned? Show me the ban request).

It's not the admins ts, it's papasmurfs, they reside in it. Everyone is welcome to come in and make use of it. Just because some people disagree sometimes or don't like each other doesn't mean they condemn the entire clan or group of people they are with. Which is the same situation with the admins. Because one or two admins has abused their powers and gone off the hinge a few times or with someone specifically, that doesn't mean you shit on the entirety of the admins.

As for Allers I never said the perma ban was just, he deserves a ban still (a fairly lengthy one, but not too long), but not necessarily a perma. With his track record, it doesn't help his case at all. If you give him a simple ban with a short length then you will never learn. People would abuse it over and over again. When it gets to the banned when you have been banned so many times, for some times being something more serious, or something as simple as double spawning, it doesn't matter. It gets to the point where it's just ridiculous.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »
+3
I honestly deserve it at this point.

Look, to everyone, especially Goretooth I am sorry. I'm letting my emotions get the best of me on the internet. I'm very sorry, to anyone I offended and upset. I know this won't rectify every issue, but I owe it to myself and everyone to at least stop a moment and apologize.

I lashed out, we're all guilty of doing that. I am sorry to target you Goretooth in particular, and others as well in not-so-direct ways. I made a mistake, and I deeply regret it. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, but I would just appreciate if the personal attacks on me (and others) would stop at this point and we get back on topic. I moved this thread in the wrong direction, and I am entirely at fault for that.

I'm sorry.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:43 am »
+5
Just because some people disagree sometimes or don't like each other doesn't mean they condemn the entire clan or group of people they are with. Which is the same situation with the admins. Because one or two admins has abused their powers and gone off the hinge a few times or with someone specifically, that doesn't mean you shit on the entirety of the admins.

People were just upset with ganner until other admins said it was the bulk of the admins that agreed with this decision, thus, they are not angry with ganner, they are angry with the bulk of the admins.

We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2014, 12:13:53 am »
+1
People were just upset with ganner until other admins said it was the bulk of the admins that agreed with this decision, thus, they are not angry with ganner, they are angry with the bulk of the admins.

Jack I swear to christ....

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2014, 12:47:21 am »
+15
As for Allers I never said the perma ban was just, he deserves a ban still (a fairly lengthy one, but not too long), but not necessarily a perma. With his track record, it doesn't help his case at all. If you give him a simple ban with a short length then you will never learn. People would abuse it over and over again. When it gets to the banned when you have been banned so many times, for some times being something more serious, or something as simple as double spawning, it doesn't matter. It gets to the point where it's just ridiculous.

Its pretty clear to any actual witnesses besides the esteemed Winstona Churchhill that Allers was not blatantly chinaman gold-farmer mode running in and dying. He played without much regard for his own virtual life, but was still more useful to his team than several players each map that were legitimately trying.

Is it against the rules to do that because he has been previously banned? I don't give two shits about how heinous his e-crimes were, unless he like got someone fired from their job or autoblocked a bunch or something. I'm not familiar with many of them, either. They were from a time where I was a blissfully unaware sperg-to-be that didn't visit the forums or do anything like that. Still, it doesn't matter.

Would I be allowed to wear cloth armour and wield a rondel dagger, running into the enemy and attempting to shank them round after round? I think that I would. I've received a 15 minute ban from Partyboy (well done btw on that Shik, 10/10) from saying "I am a gigantic bundle of sticks please rape my face" in all-chat for homophobia, and a 2-hour ban from Artyem for drunkenly murdering Sparvico at 3am one time after he told me to kill him. I think I may have received a ban from Granpappy for spamming I-chat with vaguely racist things on a skip the fun character, but he unbanned me right after when I apologized to him on steam, and we had a very nice conversation for over an hour afterwards.

Point is, I have a very short "rap sheet" and I feel I'd be immune to being banned for the exact same behavior that Allers demonstrated, and that is wrong. Testi bro-coded damn near every round he played with naught but a wooden stick and a loving smile until flags came up, and I never saw anything happen to him (nor should it have, Testi=Besti etc).

The standards can be justifiably different for repeated offenses such as teamkilling, blatant continued harrassment, or exploiting, but not when an offense has not been technically committed, even if prior offenses have been committed.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2014, 01:21:22 am »
Its pretty clear to any actual witnesses besides the esteemed Winstona Churchhill that Allers was not blatantly chinaman gold-farmer mode running in and dying. He played without much regard for his own virtual life, but was still more useful to his team than several players each map that were legitimately trying.

Is it against the rules to do that because he has been previously banned? I don't give two shits about how heinous his e-crimes were, unless he like got someone fired from their job or autoblocked a bunch or something. I'm not familiar with many of them, either. They were from a time where I was a blissfully unaware sperg-to-be that didn't visit the forums or do anything like that. Still, it doesn't matter.

Would I be allowed to wear cloth armour and wield a rondel dagger, running into the enemy and attempting to shank them round after round? I think that I would. I've received a 15 minute ban from Partyboy (well done btw on that Shik, 10/10) from saying "I am a gigantic bundle of sticks please rape my face" in all-chat for homophobia, and a 2-hour ban from Artyem for drunkenly murdering Sparvico at 3am one time after he told me to kill him. I think I may have received a ban from Granpappy for spamming I-chat with vaguely racist things on a skip the fun character, but he unbanned me right after when I apologized to him on steam, and we had a very nice conversation for over an hour afterwards.

Point is, I have a very short "rap sheet" and I feel I'd be immune to being banned for the exact same behavior that Allers demonstrated, and that is wrong. Testi bro-coded damn near every round he played with naught but a wooden stick and a loving smile until flags came up, and I never saw anything happen to him (nor should it have, Testi=Besti etc).

The standards can be justifiably different for repeated offenses such as teamkilling, blatant continued harrassment, or exploiting, but not when an offense has not been technically committed, even if prior offenses have been committed.

I really don't care what he does. I'm just trying to find a balance between someone being an idiot and someone trying to bend and twist the rules around. I've been banned before for bullshit before, or something I didn't think was fair, but I was ok with it, because I don't really care lol. I also can admit when I was in the wrong, and would take the ban.

Allers also didn't really help his case at all when he kind of blew up with his retorts and on Ganners feedback thread.

I know Testi bro codes a ton, which I don't really care for, for anyone. I kill everyone on site (most of the time). I wasn't trying to defend him or justify him in anyway, or making him seem immune to kicks/bans when he wasn't/shouldn't be, as opposed to someone else. It's just that when only certain people are kicked or banned that other people jump to his/her rescue, regardless if they were in the right or wrong. It would always just seem to be a matter of if you like or don't like that person. It just seems (at least most of the times I see) that the community is normally the biased ones.

Like I said earlier. I'd just prefer if everyone would stop being shit stains and have fun with game. No abusing, no mega spergs. Just have fun, get drunk, and all that other bullshit.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2014, 01:24:37 am »
+1
These type of people share the same teamspeak with the admins. It's like they've been getting admin-ear-fucked for so long the autistic DNA is spilling onto their keyboards.

By your words someone like Testi is a "cunt stupid dork troll" who should be perma-banned (if he ever decides to play after his military service a). Is this how admins and a certain part of the community stand? Ditch this horseshit.

To add to this, I did think it was a bit strange that all these grown ass men were idolizing a 16 year old.   But I guess it just reminded me of the Catholic Church.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2014, 01:34:24 am »
+1
==It's just that when only certain people are kicked or banned that other people jump to his/her rescue, regardless if they were in the right or wrong. It would always just seem to be a matter of if you like or don't like that person. It just seems (at least most of the times I see) that the community is normally the biased ones.

But I really heavily dislike Allers. I think that although he's very good at the game, he treats other players like garbage, has a poor attitude, and is a general cunt. Daruvian feels the same way. Plenty of the people posting in his defense do actively dislike him.

I would make the exact same arguments for anyone wrongfully banned. I'd even defend Jason the Great or Vebb or Kesh (ok maybe not kesh, rofl) or any of the other like three people that I actually dislike in the community if it was under the exact same circumstances. Allers broke no rule, save for perhaps the completely open to any interpretation "common sense rule", which should be removed. That rule essentially means "you're banned because you're banned lol".

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2014, 01:39:01 am »
Seriously neither do I, Allers is an unfunny asshole who I have never once spoken to.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2014, 01:39:11 am »
+2
Kaoklai. Don't be rude. You're a grown ass man.

Not as grown as you lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2014, 01:52:52 am »
+1
Not as grown as you lol

hahahaha i see what you did there o man this thread is funny!

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2014, 02:11:23 am »
So where's this intense, week-long admin discussion about allers' ban?

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2014, 02:17:18 am »
All the admins are fugging assholes and smell like shit IRL probably, and it's all a chaos admen conspiracy1!!1!

They are truly the worst, I mean, how could they ban the Saint that goes by the name Allers, a truely virtuous individual we should all strive to model ourselves after?

We should remove all the corrupt chocolate chip cookie communist admin dictators immediately, right guys?

(click to show/hide)
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2014, 02:47:16 am »
+1
hahahaha i see what you did there o man this thread is funny!

reading it is turning me into a "groan-ass man"

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far