Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27208 times)

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2014, 10:09:34 pm »
+4
What is utterly missing from this conversation is the explaination as to why his actions were considered leaching. And no, running in and swinging wildly is not good enough as I see plenty of people doing that.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »
+1
So Allers doesn't try sometimes. What kind of cunt fucking shitsock would think that's a ban worthy offense?

Ganner you're an old, inactive cunt who probably shouldn't be an admin anymore anyway. If this is the type of adminning we're alright with, we might as well put smoothrich and goretooth back on the team.

#ThaxForAdmin2014
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2014, 10:12:51 pm »
What is utterly missing from this conversation is the explaination as to why his actions were considered leaching. And no, running in and swinging wildly is not good enough as I see plenty of people doing that.

Allers defense basically spilled out exactly what the admins needed to hear to make a ruling in their case. Visit my first post in this thread, you'll see the quote, or just visit his original ban thread.

I'm not particularly even agreeing with the severity of the punishment for something so minuscule (in my opinion) of an offense. It is somewhat of a gray-area, which is why I mentioned to unban him (though the way I said it obviously buttgurped a lot of people). The rule is somewhat unclear, but how he spelled out what he was doing makes it sound, at least in someway that he was intentionally leaching and hurting his team.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2014, 10:13:36 pm »
...Now, was he unfairly punished? Possibly. But that's not for me, or this community to decide--admins weighed in, and admins gave their verdict.

If that's the case then every admin that lost their power because of their decisions should be reinstated. For fucks sake, Dex lost his because he changed the map. Is that also not for this community to decide?

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »
If that's the case then every admin that lost their power because of their decisions should be reinstated. For fucks sake, Dex lost his because he changed the map. Is that also not for this community to decide?

Canary is the head admin of the NA admins, he should be the one ultimately deciding, if not cmp or chadz. He's been awfully quiet about this whole ordeal, it would be interesting to see what he, or any other "higher-ups" have to say about this.

But until then, this thread will just continue to harbor everyone's opinions, and hurled insults around at one another simply because opinions differ.

I don't like Allers, at all. But I do agree we should at least hear something in the way of a FINAL DECISION from Canary or someone else, because right now it stands on shaky grounds. I can see why he was banned, and I understand (at least to a point) why Ganner decided to make it permanent...but obviously the outcome was so shady in a sense that it has split everyone into two sides; those who agree he should have been banned, and those who don't (or at least, those that don't agree he should have been -permabanned-).
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2014, 10:22:54 pm »
+4
Tanken the way you say things makes it sound like theres a 50-50 split and its up in the air, except the poll right at the top of your page shows that 70%+ of people disagree with the ban. Less than 30% agree with it. That's not a split m8.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2014, 10:23:09 pm »
+9
The question really isn't whether or not Allers deserved punishment--because he did. The severity of the punishment is what I, and others do not understand--though the means to find out why it was so severe have been very crude.

But he didn't break any rules. I watched him nearly every day, and he did not suicide leech without swinging his weapon nor refusing to block. He played recklessly with little armour, still getting more points than the bottom 1/5 of the scoreboard each map.

I dislike Allers a lot. Really, I do. I'm not sticking up for him because I want to do the trendy thing, or because I want to be contrary. I think its fucking hilarious that he got banned. Still, it was an unjust ban meant to teach him a lesson that the admin crew has power over him.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2014, 10:26:12 pm »
Tanken the way you say things makes it sound like theres a 50-50 split and its up in the air, except the poll right at the top of your page shows that 70%+ of people disagree with the ban. Less than 30% agree with it. That's not a split m8.

Yeah, perhaps, but I would also wager that 70% of this forum is full of trolls and asshats. If you're polling a majority of cum babies, then you're going to see a poll result in the favor of the popular cum baby opinion.

But he didn't break any rules. I watched him nearly every day, and he did not suicide leech without swinging his weapon nor refusing to block. He played recklessly with little armour, still getting more points than the bottom 1/5 of the scoreboard each map.

I dislike Allers a lot. Really, I do. I'm not sticking up for him because I want to do the trendy thing, or because I want to be contrary. I think its fucking hilarious that he got banned. Still, it was an unjust ban meant to teach him a lesson that the admin crew has power over him.

I never saw him play, or at least, I didn't know I was watching Allers. I'm positive Ganner didn't either, and Ganner's primary point-of-interest to ban him was what he said in his defense. Now, whether Allers just misspoke or not could be the hidden key as to whether or not he would have been banned. Judging purely from what he said in his ban thread and not from his actions in game (because I didn't see them), it sounds like a form of leaching. A lot of us can agree on that at least. Now, depending on how Ganner interpreted it was obviously the reason the punishment was dealt.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2014, 10:29:18 pm »
+2
the majority opinion doesn't matter if i disagree with it because they must just be trying to make people upset, i mean why wouldnt they just agree with me

ftfy

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2014, 10:32:44 pm »
It doesn't matter what you, or I, or anyone says Tom. It's quite obvious that players will band together to defend someone, even though it's extremely clear the player was in the wrong. The question really isn't whether or not Allers deserved punishment--because he did. The severity of the punishment is what I, and others do not understand--though the means to find out why it was so severe have been very crude.

You can't have an opinion in this thread that doesn't share popular opinion, or you get accused of being a tool, brown-noser, douchebag, or whatnot. Well pardon the fuck out of me. "Stand United with Allers" is a title that suggests Allers was in the right. He wasn't. Revisit the ban threads and see what was said, and what he said, you honestly can't sit here and skirt around the issue to make it sound like he wasn't doing -something- wrong.

Now, was he unfairly punished? Possibly. But that's not for me, or this community to decide--admins weighed in, and admins gave their verdict. I'm so tired of seeing people I respect such as Daruvian, Havelle, Sauce, and a lot of you others just fall prey to this issue. Much the same as people blindly defending Huey back in the day (though Huey was much cooler than Allers), it just doesn't make sense.

Bring on more down votes, by all means. Simply expressing my opinion, and NOT standing united with you fucking dimwits.

I'm not trying to take sides. It goes both ways. I already said there was bad admins, but that goes for players double imo. I just hate it when people shit on the admins (all of them) most of the time for something stupid or no reason at all, because they have nothing better to do. Also track record is a perfect excuse, especially for one like Allers. That's a fair point to bring up in any ones case.

Offline Tanken

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:40 pm »
ftfy

You're so clever Daruvian. Wow.

Just basically proving my point.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2014, 10:35:06 pm »
+10
I have thoroughly reviewed all of the evidence against Allers and can say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that Allers should be freed immediately.

Since when was not blocking considering leaching? I never saw him afk in spawn, delaying rounds, spawning without a weapon, or hiding in a corner. The worst he is guilty of is charging into battle in a peasant frenzy usually bashing people in the process, and causing general disruption for the opposing team. Allers even spawns with armor! On my ALT all I spawned with is a dagger or a short sword completely naked level 1-31 and I was never even warned. Even with his history of bans NO ONE should be PERMA banned over something "leaching" related, that is insane. (and he wasn't even leaching)

Please admin team, reconsider your stance on this because from an outsider's perspective it looks like spergy power tripping from holier than thou internet white knights hurting the community for little to no reason other than a dislike of Allers. Sure, you all "agreed" on it, but that ALWAYS happens which i suspect is because it is easier to just go along with whatever Canary says rather than argue. Can you really see San telling Canary and Ganner to fuck off because there is no legit reason for a perma ban here? Of course not, which is why he just agreed to back their opinion on the matter. We need more goodmins from different non Chaos related social circles. The papasmurf.bounceme.net conspiracy brother Elijah Keshian foretold about is very real and very scary.

North America needs more admins that really understand that they are moderating a niche video game mod consisting primarily of adults. We need an admin with a sense of fairness. An admin that represents and communicates openly with the average player. An admin that has the courage to make his opinions known even if they conflict with others. An admin with a long history of standing up for what he believes in...

SMOOTHRICH FOR HEAD ADMIN
M
O
O
T
H
R
I
C
HEAD ADMIN 2014

also free allers

#FREEALLERS
#BadminAboozeIsReal
#papasmurf.bounceme.netConspiracy
#ReadminSmooth

▲ ▲

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2014, 10:39:20 pm »
+1
I'm not at the point to writing paragraphs to show what I really think, but here's my two cents:

Stop and think about the way we gain XP. Does this system pertain to some of the things we're seeing here?

Fix the mod and most of our problems will go away.

(click to show/hide)

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2014, 10:46:32 pm »
If any of you think CMP or chadz cares about the admins running the mod in NA then your dreaming they havent cared since the Shik/Smoothrich conflict.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2014, 10:48:42 pm »
+5
You're so clever Daruvian. Wow.

Just basically proving my point.

Seriously though that is the idea behind what you said--"the people disagreeing with me have no credibility because I say so. I have credibility. Therefore regardless of them having a large majority, I am right because of assumed credibility."

Thats exactly fucking it.