Author Topic: Give your daily view to c-RPG and M:BG at moddb. (Warband is on Steam sales)  (Read 25023 times)

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
Re: Promote the mod to mod sites.
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2014, 01:12:50 am »
I'll write a nice review in a week when I can give the mod a better rating.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2014, 01:19:29 am »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2014, 02:27:30 am »
+3
Newbie asked in chat today 'What can a peasant do in this mod?', the answer is kinda nothing... all they can do is die and provide free kills for tryhards with loomed godlike armour, loomed weapons, a lvl 30+ build and a fucking erection cos they've seen a free kill. Honestly, who can blame the new players for quitting 90% of the time? I'd kinda judge them if they didnt!!!!! Who plays a game where you literally cant even hurt people, even if you manage to block, footwork and land a hit on a tryhard when you have 1 wpf and 0 athletics, you'll just bounce off and they'll take that opportunity to one-shot you.

Sat afk with donkey hood and white tunic today. A peasant attacked me with a scythe. He hit me 4 times so i woke up, instinctively i pressed  nudge and sent them off the edge. It was funny but really kinda stupid, he hit me 4 times with a scythe when i was afk, i had some of the lowest armour possible and i didnt die, and on instinct i sent him flying to suicide. Ffs, what idiot would keep playing if that happens even against afkers with no armour?

Getting rekt by a better player usually pushes me to become better at a game. This mod is never going to appeal to the more casual-ish audience, thats just how it is.

Peasants have a bigger impact than people think, ofcourse only as bait, but even that can prove a significant change in battle when a greedy hero pushes past lines in order to get that one hit kill.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2014, 03:41:16 am »
+2
Well if you dont wanna be a peasant there is the skip the fun button, problem solved. I thought you were talking about the time learning blocking etc, because being a peasant doesnt take even close to the time it takes to actually become decent at teh game. Being a peasant isnt that much of a turn off from the game i think.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2014, 07:29:22 am »
Level progression is the same for everyone, but the thing is that there are way too many high leveled players who don`t want to retire their mains  because they arent motivated enough.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/increase-the-rewards-on-high-level-retirements/

A small tweak on the retirement rewards, and more people will retire their high leveled characters

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2014, 09:04:49 am »
Here's some images of Strat and battle servers, and a couple fun pictures! All from NA.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

How you made CRPG look so great. Tell us your graphic settings ? Are U using any mods ? I want my CRPG to look simmilar pls

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2014, 09:16:52 am »
+12
Remove levels 1-19, 2x exp until level 31 on a new character.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2014, 09:56:58 am »
+2
Remove levels 1-19, 2x exp until level 31 on a new character.

That or increase the level cap on EU5 from 20 -> 25. Low level server would be much better place to train since on high level server nobody gives them a chance to even hit back.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2014, 10:27:04 am »
x2 xp from 1-20 imo since EU5 is hard to populate.

BUT to be fair if you are a newb and cant stand one day being pushed over by others (and usually its one day to reach lvl 20 or even higher) then you wont be able to survive frustration that will come up later. This mod frustrates you on every corner and people that play it have to be able to endure it.

I recently read a review of our glorious mod when guy says its shit cos you die from 1-2 hits and it take a lot of time to being able sustain for more. I said to him but you can block attacks and he answered LOL BLOCK have you seen how many people are there ??

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2014, 11:43:15 am »
+9
Now I am one of the last to appreciate having a competitive disadvantage because you haven't played enough, but even I, when I was a fresh faced player in december 2010, wasn't disheartened by the full plate level 46 players around me with 240 wpf. I bought a pitchfork and focused on following the players that I saw doing well and reared horses. I looked up the peasant guide and followed it to the letter. I think the start-up is about 20x easier now and if you enjoy the combat mechanics I don't see why you would be scared off unless you are very lazy and get easily fazed by a challenge, then you won't like Warband anyway. Within 20 minutes you will have noticed you leveled up about 5 times and you should comprehend how it's gonna work. After one hour you will probably have bought some sword of some kind and will have noticed that you are hurting people and then you should be good. The 15 hours to get to level 30 with double xp are not unreasonable at all, and if that is enough to scare you, how are you ever gonna get good at the combat system?

That is without taking into account newbie friendly resources like skip the funs and DTV servers, perhaps there should be some tool-tip or something informing players what skipping the fun is, as they might not click it for a long time. What would be the real turn-off for me is when you find out about heirlooms and how big an advantage they get you and how long it is gonna take you to get them yourself. Now that is unreasonable horseshit.

Also, someone should dig out Teeth's hopliting video and throw it in there :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1VK_w6CKU

I got it right here, but I am not entirely sure if my gimmicky playstyle will do the appeal of the mod any good.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:47:10 am by Teeth »

Offline Zhyang

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2014, 12:06:01 pm »
I ll post some other screenshots for the site if someone wants to upload again because im to lazy:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2014, 01:07:23 pm »
Now I am one of the last to appreciate having a competitive disadvantage because you haven't played enough, but even I, when I was a fresh faced player in december 2010, wasn't disheartened by the full plate level 46 players around me with 240 wpf. I bought a pitchfork and focused on following the players that I saw doing well and reared horses. I looked up the peasant guide and followed it to the letter. I think the start-up is about 20x easier now and if you enjoy the combat mechanics I don't see why you would be scared off unless you are very lazy and get easily fazed by a challenge, then you won't like Warband anyway. Within 20 minutes you will have noticed you leveled up about 5 times and you should comprehend how it's gonna work. After one hour you will probably have bought some sword of some kind and will have noticed that you are hurting people and then you should be good. The 15 hours to get to level 30 with double xp are not unreasonable at all, and if that is enough to scare you, how are you ever gonna get good at the combat system?

That is without taking into account newbie friendly resources like skip the funs and DTV servers, perhaps there should be some tool-tip or something informing players what skipping the fun is, as they might not click it for a long time. What would be the real turn-off for me is when you find out about heirlooms and how big an advantage they get you and how long it is gonna take you to get them yourself. Now that is unreasonable horseshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1VK_w6CKU

I got it right here, but I am not entirely sure if my gimmicky playstyle will do the appeal of the mod any good.

Fair points, but there weren't as many lvl 35+ around when you started, there weren't as many looms and the players were simply not as good at playing the game. Their skills were honed over years of playing since then, people got no reason to retire anymore and they have tonnes of looms especially with clan armouries.

They should get rid of the advantages high levels get and give people more reasons to retire, then it will be a more level playing field. Also I reckon the least fun thing in the game will be dying from people they can't even see, that they can't even counter so can't learn how to beat them
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2014, 01:09:34 pm »
Fair points, but there weren't as many lvl 35+ around when you started, there weren't as many looms and the players were simply not as good at playing the game. Their skills were honed over years of playing since then, people got no reason to retire anymore and they have tonnes of looms especially with clan armouries.

They should get rid of the advantages high levels get and give people more reasons to retire, then it will be a more level playing field

no your right :D when most of us started playing there were untouchable beasts like beatrixkiddo in full plate with flamberge who took half a team to actually kill even without blocking. Then ofc you had lvl 40 archers with pinpoint cross map accuracy etc :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2014, 01:11:13 pm »
no your right :D when most of us started playing there were untouchable beasts like beatrixkiddo in full plate with flamberge who took half a team to actually kill even without blocking. Then ofc you had lvl 40 archers with pinpoint cross map accuracy etc :D

How long did that last for though? Where they genuinely as good at the game as people who played for years like who play now?
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2014, 01:16:24 pm »
+1
You guys need a screen from me in m yellow gear on my yellow horse, I actually seriouy believe such awesome gear combinations will just pull in newbies:)