Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 52401 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #720 on: October 18, 2014, 06:15:44 am »
You'd be surprised. A lot of the people that joined AQ years ago were well-educated middle/upper class. Bin Laden himself, for example. He wasn't exactly some raging retard who grew up in a slum. The ideology is a lot more pernicious than simply retard bait.
Anyways, just look at the post-modern cryptomarxist nonsense so many firstworld "educated" elites swallow so easily. You don't have to be a literal retard to believe in utopian feelgood nonsense. Just a figurative one.
Figurative retards are included in my definition of "poor intellect."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 18, 2014, 06:23:04 am »
Figurative retards are included in my definition of "poor intellect."

What do you expect from people who blow themselves up for a living?  Genius?

By this point the 72 virgins are rife with herpes

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2014, 06:40:41 am »
+1
Couldn't just go home after killing Saddam.  Years and years of the winning hearts and minds crap ensued.

I understand where you're coming from.  I've also read the Koran and understand its hateful BS.  In fact, the only reason I troll westerners is under the vain hope they understand the threat they face from Muslims.

(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 18, 2014, 06:46:41 am »
Stating the obvious

It helps pass the time at work

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #724 on: October 18, 2014, 10:22:19 am »
The West is partly (fully ?) responsible of the situation in the ME. Who destroyed the Ottoman Empire ? Who destroyed secular states like Iraq, Syria and Libya ? Who placed a king in Iran instead of a democrat ? Who helped the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt ?Who support reactionary Islam states like Saudi Arabia and Qatar ? Who supported Talibans in Afghanistan ?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 18, 2014, 10:37:36 am »
The West is partly (fully ?) responsible of the situation in the ME. Who destroyed the Ottoman Empire ? Who destroyed secular states like Iraq, Syria and Libya ? Who placed a king in Iran instead of a democrat ? Who helped the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt ?Who support reactionary Islam states like Saudi Arabia and Qatar ? Who supported Talibans in Afghanistan ?
The Middle East is wholly to blame for every bad thing in the West. Who invaded Spain???
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

The Ottoman Empire? Are you seriously trying to say that it was some benevolent state as opposed to a ruthlessly expansionistic caliphate?

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 18, 2014, 05:38:40 pm »
And the biggest question: why is there a serious discussion on the middle east on a forum for a mod for a video game?

Wondered this for a while shitposting

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 18, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »
And the biggest question: why is there a serious discussion on the middle east on a forum for a mod for a video game?
Why not?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 18, 2014, 07:31:42 pm »
Why not?

A period discussion would be more in line with what the game is about.  Modern day?  No point aside from trolling western sympathizers

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 18, 2014, 09:35:35 pm »
+2
The Ottoman Empire? Are you seriously trying to say that it was some benevolent state as opposed to a ruthlessly expansionistic caliphate?

Ottoman empire has its own responsability for joining europeans war. But the new borders were just stupids. That what is claimed, today, by ISIS. So the Sykes-Picot borders are a western responsability. Including the withdrawal of a Kurdistan.
And I don't even speak about Jordania and Israel wich were both promised the same land by the British Empire.

Also, we know it was not just a mistake. Creating borders with no consideration for people living inside will automatically lead to war inside and outside the country. It's exactly the same problem in Africa.Then it's easier to control them and to sell weapons to both sides. French and British are experts in that game.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:42:33 pm by Tovi »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #731 on: October 18, 2014, 09:44:01 pm »
+1

Creating borders with no consideration for people living inside will automatically lead to war inside and outside the country. It's exactly the same problem in Africa.Then it's easier to control them and to sell weapons to both sides. French and British are experts in that game.

Bash Tovi as much as you want. But there is a lot of truth in that above statement.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #732 on: October 18, 2014, 11:09:49 pm »
Bash Tovi as much as you want. But there is a lot of truth in that above statement.

Because, at that time, people were more about splitting countires powers up. Hence Germany(or Russia) lost all the Eastern Europe Territory(Russia gave it all to Germany and Germany got split at Versailles). Much of WWI was about removing the large power blocks of Europe and the Middle East with Territory to other factions. No where, at that time, was the stuff we talk about today, even understood or thought about.

Hindsight is 20/20. We can say, after it's done, it was bad, but at the time, nothing seems nearly as bad.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 18, 2014, 11:59:47 pm »
At the time it WAS bad. Except for some countries. And borders drawn after WW1 led to WW2. How can you say it was the better thing to do at this time ? But the logic is still the same than today : defend western interests.
Even if it was a bad idea we still defend these borders. Look at Kuwait for exemple. Or even in Crimea.
 Western countries still decide what is good or bad for others. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a fact.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:04:36 am by Tovi »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2014, 12:11:06 am »

yeah, there is truth in it but the main problem is that Tovi thinks of 'the West' as it were a single immortal person.