Poll

Make us able to re-heirloom once a month

Yes.
No.
Not sure but i do like the new marketplace and trading even if it takes months or weeks to get what i need for my old heirloom.

Author Topic: Make us able to re-heirloom once a month  (Read 937 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

With the arrival of the marketplace i see no reason why we should´nt be able to re-heirloom our items once a month instead of having to wait n wait on the market place for someone to trade with make sense??

Anyways i said once a month to make sure people dont just change builds 24/7 also the marketplace will still be usefull if people cant wait a month if they wanna try out a new build ect ect..

My suggestion would be a great addition to the mod i think since some people are stuck with heirlooms they cant trade for what they need ect ect...

thoughts??

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Make us able to re-heirloom once a month
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17:55 pm »
Isn't the market place there so we can trade our heirlooms when we get tired of them?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »
Isn't the market place there so we can trade our heirlooms when we get tired of them?

With the arrival of the marketplace i see no reason why we should´nt be able to re-heirloom our items once a month instead of having to wait n wait on the market place for someone to trade with make sense??

Yes that is what the market is for but like i said being stuck with and item because no1 offers the item u need its kinda just time waist and thus and re-heirloom once a month would help those people get it :?:?

My suggestion wont change anything except helping out people gettin the heirloom they want by being able to re-heirloom once a month. Instead of being stuck in the market.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:24:30 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:59:31 pm »
Naa, with it you would get heirlooms without any effort.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »
Naa, with it you would get heirlooms without any effort.

Plz explain??  :shock:

You do know that i meant that the heirloom points u grinded hours for would be reset how is that gettin heirloom points without effort :?:? So if you find the item you need and both partners agree on the trade you just gained a tripple heirloomed item for no effort too then :?:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:16:34 pm by Tzar »

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 05:32:07 pm »
Because then, you could just change loomed gear every month. And then what would be the point? The good, and the bad thing about heirlooms is that they are "permanent" (well, they are not chadz proof but still).

Without that very conscious choice of "what should i heirloom", looming loses it's charm and becomes some "monthly buff", to whatever flavor of the month build people are using at the moment.
Monkeys!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »
Because then, you could just change loomed gear every month. And then what would be the point? The good, and the bad thing about heirlooms is that they are "permanent" (well, they are not chadz proof but still).

Without that very conscious choice of "what should i heirloom", looming loses it's charm and becomes some "monthly buff", to whatever flavor of the month build people are using at the moment.

Sry dont really agree there since the marketplace is the samething just with a middle man and the only diffrence is that you have to look for a buyer instead of clicking on a icon reseting your heirlooms to spend them on a new weapon/armor.

Also the market place lets you switch heirlooms when ever you want granted you gotta have a mutual trade partner where you both have what you need.

My suggestion just removes the middle man

Also plz tell us what´s the current flavour build of the month?? since you must think their is such builds....tbh i have never seen a bigger variety in builds as of what we have now after the latest patch so that argument is kinda useless...

Also now you can become lvl 30 with a click of a button so that would mean according to you that people switch builds 24/7  :?:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:40:47 pm by Tzar »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »
Or may be you have to make choice and you should choose your looms wiser, try to think on a viable and longtime build. If you want to try other build you still could create an alt (looms are not needed to try build, or not needed at all to have fun).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:57:07 pm by Blondin »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »
Stop using bold text. The better suggestion to free heirloom respecifications is to make them buyable. For 100k, you can respecify one point, and as long as you have enough gold, you can respec your whole equipment daily.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:54:13 am »
Bold text is awesome

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 03:09:51 am »
First.  NO
Second.  they cant re-set hierloom points every month, because that would either negate heirlooms that you have already sold, or it would give you extra heirloom points that you didnt earn.
And if you are going to counter with: "only my original heirlooms I still have get the points back."  Do you honestly expect the devs to spend more time writing the code to keep track of each original heirloom that you still own?  They need to finish STRATEGUS.  leave them alone
if you say: "I want all the loom points I currently own, bought or earned, reset every month"  then just go fuck yourself, no one is going to give you a clear advantage to reset your failed purchases once a month.

Or may be you have to make choice and you should choose your looms wiser,
+1

Also now you can become lvl 30 with a click of a button so that would mean according to you that people switch builds 24/7
third.  your comment about the STF characters simply is not valid in this context, because the STF noobs cannot participate in the market nor own heirlooms.  And they DO re-roll every day.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 07:03:27 am »
Yeah so what happen to the guy who has only 3 heirlooms point put into one weapon that he traded for gold ? He gets his heirloom points back and keep the gold ? That wouldn't make any sense .. and what if the guy who traded gold for heirloom lose the heirloomed item and doesn't get his gold back ..

The only reason we got a reset it's because of the drastic changes that happened (no more heirloomed throwing weapons since throwing is now broken). It was good because people with those useless weapons now have a chance to change to something else .. but it was bad in a way because now people think it's easy just to heirloom and that it doesn't affect much in general... WRONG

See all the masterwork longbow , with masterwork arrows .. or the masterwork arbalest with masterwork bolts ? Like Jacko said, people would just follow the flavour of the month and it'd be just sad to see that happen..

You wanna heirloom the flavour of the month , except it to be changed .. it's usually popular because it's unbalanced .. therefore heirlooming something that will probably be nerfed is a risk you're taking.. Don't white if it get changed and you want your heirloom points back ..

Keep it the way it is, and just be wise on your choices ... the end

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 07:58:41 am »
I support that because with each generation you can change your class. Only the main character can trade. Even if we can reset heirlooms buying stuff wont affect anything because you get as many heirloom points as you have generations. People who just think they buy tons of stuff right now so they can maybe spend it all are pretty much WRONG.

If they have to reset heirlooms they will do it from generations, not owned items. Sorry to say that to the people who just hoard tons of stuff right now.
Heirlooms being permanent for all times is bullshit as there is to many items to know what you want to use forever is impossible.

I like zagibus idea. A bit expensive but a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:00:12 am by Mamba »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 10:55:21 am »
chadz wants heirloom to be special, they're barely special at this point, they would be even less if we could just get any heirloom we wanted every months.