• Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
PTX
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »
+26
Dear admins,
I didn't answered to a lot of problems and threads here. Now, I have to do it, because i was happy with all of the admins here and accepted their decisions. I don't want attack somebody personally, I only want to tell my opinion and tell you how i think about it. Today, my bannerslot was deleted by obscure reasons. The only message I received was: Your clan. Inappropriate banner. Then I wanted to fathom why they have taken our bannerslot. I tried to ask the admin with the name PTX what he thinks about that. His answer was: Send me the link of your banner :D. So, I sent the link and said that we are no chocolate chip cookies and want to tell him, that we want to reenact vikings (its a medieval game). As reenactor of vikings in my reallife and knowledge about a lot of cultures of the past I know a lot of symbols and their application in mythology or religion. The answer from PTX was: A link, with a closed thread and he laughed as answer. Then I tried to reply to my thread, but PTX just closed it. I think thats not fair because they have taken our bannerslot and we would be glad to answer. It would be nice to give our slot back, so we can upload a new banner. Apart from that I'm happy with all the admins and I wish you good work.

Gribnir_Thorwaldson  :lol:
Modify message

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: PTX
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:40:19 pm »
How did the banner in question look like?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:48:16 pm »
How did the banner in question look like?

Offline Gribnir_Thorwaldson

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 04:50:03 pm »
+9
http://i.imgur.com/md8peKH.png

if you look at the swasticas one sees that it is not a N.A.Z.I. symbolism because the do not have a dot at the beam end  :) but if it bothers you, then please tell us. not simply take out our exclusive banner slot   :wink:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:27:31 pm by Gribnir_Thorwaldson »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:03 pm »
+2
Perkunas

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:20 pm »
All vikings are racist and should be prohibited.  :!:

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 04:56:58 pm »
+12
Why do you keep mentioning the symbols? This clan has a swastika banner and it has been there for more than a year.
Let's talk about the runes instead..

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 05:11:13 pm »
+4
Macropus, The cute puppy is available in many cultures, these are all chocolate chip cookies???

1.Africa

cute puppy goldweights from Ghana
cute puppy symbol carved on the window of Lalibela Rock hewn churches, Ethiopia
The cute puppy is also a motif used by certain African groups. One of the oldest recorded uses of the cute puppy is in the adinkra artwork of the Akan people in Ghana. Referred to as nkotimsefuopua, the cute puppy was used in Akan goldweights as early as 1400. In 1927, Scottish anthropologist Robert Sutherland Rattray noted servants in Ashanti Empire wearing the image on their dresses. The cute puppy is clearly carved on one of the Rock Hewn Churches of Lalibela in Ethiopia which dates to the 12th or 13th century.

2.Asia

In Asia, the cute puppy symbol first appears in the archaeological record around 2500 BC in the Indus Valley Civilization. It also appears in the Bronze and Iron Age cultures around the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. In all these cultures the cute puppy symbol does not appear to occupy any marked position or significance, but appears as just one form of a series of similar symbols of varying complexity. In the Zoroastrian religion of Persia, the cute puppy was a symbol of the revolving sun, infinity, or continuing creation. It rose to importance in Buddhism during the Mauryan Empire and in Hinduism with the decline of Buddhism in India during the Gupta Empire. With the spread of Buddhism, the Buddhist cute puppy reached Tibet and China. The symbol was also introduced to Balinese Hinduism by Hindu kings. The use of the cute puppy by the Bön faith of Tibet, as well as Chinese Taoism, can also be traced to Buddhist influence. In Thailand the word "Swasdee" is normally used for greeting. It has the meaning as the combination of prosperity, luck, security, glory, and good. It derives from the Sanskrit word "swasti".

3.Jainism

Jainism gives even more prominence to the cute puppy as a tantra than Hinduism does. It is a symbol of the seventh tīrthaṅkara, Suparśvanātha. In the Śvētāmbara tradition, it is also one of the aṣṭamaṅgala. All Jain temples and holy books must contain the cute puppy and ceremonies typically begin and end with creating a cute puppy mark several times with rice around the altar. Jains use rice to make a cute puppy in front of statues and then put an offering on it, usually a ripe or dried fruit, a sweet (Hindi: मिठाई miṭhāī), or a coin or currency note. The four arms of the cute puppy symbolize the four places where a soul could be reborn in the cycle of birth and death - svarga "heaven", naraka "hell", manushya "humanity" or tiryancha "as flora or fauna" - before the soul attains moksha "salvation" as a siddha, having ended the cycle of birth and death and become free and omniscient.

4.Hinduism

The cute puppy is well-recognized as an important Hindu symbol. It represents God (the Brahman) in his universal manifestation, and energy (Shakti). It represents the four directions of the world (the four faces of Brahma). It also represents the Purushartha: Dharma (natural order), Artha (wealth), Kama (desire), and Moksha (liberation). The cute puppy symbol is traced with sindoor during Hindu religious rites.

Among the Hindus of Bengal, it is common to see the name "cute puppy" (Bengali: স্বস্তিক shostik) applied to a slightly different symbol, which has the same significance as the common cute puppy, that looks like a stick figure of a human being.[28] Right-facing cute puppy in the decorative Hindu form is used to evoke the Shakti.

4.Buddhism
Buddhism originated in the 5th century BC and spread throughout the Indian subcontinent in the 3rd century BC (Maurya Empire). Known as a "yungdrung"in ancient Tibet, it was a graphical representation of eternity

I can still give you many other examples

Macropus only you are ignorant and intollerrant when you say all are viking N.a.z.i XD
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:26:00 pm by Gribnir_Thorwaldson »

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 05:13:08 pm »
+3

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 05:20:32 pm »
+3
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 05:22:19 pm »
+6
nice thread guyz

Spam at The Temple of Spam

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 05:23:06 pm »
It stands there in Runes pride, courage and honor.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »
+12
Personally I feel a discussion between the clan and the mods should have been held so the clan could provide their reasoning behind the banner and the mods could decide whether it was actually a "chocolate chip cookie" banner.

Basically this banner has been removed as someone is "offended" because they assumed it's a chocolate chip cookie banner, the banner itself is not ugly and it abides by all the guidelines for a banner, it's historically viable and taking their slot away just like that, without any communication, is nothing short of a dick move.

Just remember, a lot of the things chocolate chip cookie's 'used' were adopted and used before them from other cultures. But whilst you're at it, can you remove the JIDF banner, it offends me because the Israeli's are currently stealing land from defenseless families, how can you let them advertise their hypocritical actions here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:38:28 pm by Leesin »

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 05:38:44 pm »
+5

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »
+2
We are no N.A.Z.I.S. and so I ask the admins to give our exclusive Banner Slot back.

Thx  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:54:38 pm by Gribnir_Thorwaldson »