Author Topic: So MrShine Has a Youtube Gaming Channel - now with cRPG video!  (Read 1161 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
+9
Hi folks,

I love video games & I love creating content.  About a month ago I decided that I wanted to direct my creative juices towards recording video game content on youtube, and I've been having a complete blast so far.

I'd encourage you to take a look at some of my videos, and if you like what you see subscribe to my channel to get future content.  If you don't like what you see, let me know why or what I can do to improve.

I'll be honest - I'm a newb at this whole thing & my editing software & mic are sub-optimal.  I recognize I have a long way to go before I make more professional content, but I'm taking this very seriously - I want to improve and I think I've already gone a long way in the short time I've been doing this.  Compare one of my first videos to one of my more recent videos to get an idea of how I've improved audio & video quality.  Next things on the agenda are to purchase a better casting microphone, and getting some video editing software that isn't god-awful movie maker.

The game I'm currently recording is Hearthstone (a free card-game by Blizzard along similar veins as Magic the Gathering), but if that isn't your cup of tea I have some other games I'm interested in pursuing in the short term such as:
- cRPG (gotta return to my roots!) (playlist)
- Dark Souls II (playlist)
- Heroes of the Storm (currently in the tech alpha of this Blizzard-made MOBA)

...and I'm sure more will come up as I go.

So yeah there you go.  I'd love your support & your involvement in my channel - I'm a small fry right now but I feel confidant that I could make this channel something special given enough time. 

Thanks in advance!

First c-RPG Duel Video: http://youtu.be/fbvgvNyyU8Y  (I suppose I have some old clips from 2011 on youtube as well, but those hardly count as they were mostly me just trying it out)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:33:38 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: So MrShine Has a Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:09:57 pm »
+2
Just don't start screaming like most youtube gamers do, and you should be fine
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 08:16:20 pm »
I'll watch if it's DkS2 or cRPG. Maybe. Nice intro anyway.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 08:46:06 pm »
You should definitely try doing something unique. You won't get a lot of viewers if you just play new games or games that are already played by many other youtubers. Except if you're really interesting, funny or if you have a special, recognizable voice. (I gotta say yours is rather "average", but that doesn't mean it's bad...)

I like the cheesy intro though. :D

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:00:39 pm »
just play crpg , get good amount of viewers , spam your link everywhere , get famous , gg chadz is rich. just see how many people bought the stomping land or the forest even if they are in early stages just because twitch famous gamers sponsorized them. it's a businness today and if you get famous remember the nickname radament and that you should owe to him some of the money earnt.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:22:24 pm »
+1
ok so to recap...

-scream more
-more cheese
-give Radament future earnings

3 steps to instant youtube success!

Seriously though focusing on more niche games has been suggested by a few people before now, and that's something I'll need to strongly consider. 

I appreciate the support! And cRPG videos are on the docket for sure (NA server mostly though - sorry Yew-rope)

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:24 pm »
+1
I had always imagined that to start out as a Youtuber audience you need to upload videos that appeal to a niche audience who will be more likely to appreciate and find someone making videos of their particular niche. Then when you have gathered a small audience through covering niche games you can expand to more 'generic' larger games and hopefully use your existing audience to breed a larger one. In the vast wealth of people playing Hearthstone or Dark Souls 2 it is extremely hard to get noticed or to provide people with something they can't get elsewhere. In the complete empty niche of cRPG, cRPG players might find your videos and enjoy watching them as there isn't anyone else doing it, and from there they might stay for other stuff.

So my advice to you is find games with small communities or a general lack of coverage through videos or perhaps attempt to get into alpha's or betas to attract make videos that make small groups of people interested in watching your stuff.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 09:56:34 pm »
+1
ok so to recap...

-scream more
-more cheese
-give Radament future earnings

Don't forget the immature, toilet humor.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1132
  • Infamy: 299
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »
+1
Seriously though focusing on more niche games has been suggested by a few people before now, and that's something I'll need to strongly consider.

Don't. You'll never get pass 10k subs if you broadcast niche games. I follow many people who broadcast stuff like that on tube and they don't have many subs or views. Unless you're doing this whole thing for fun, then you should do niche games.

But if you want fame & money you'll have to act like you're some kind of a retard, like PewDiePie for example.

Edit: I do plan to start broadcasting games in a year or so. But won't be doing it on Youtube, will try what I can do with Vimeo. Youtube is the place you get subs but it is also horrible service, with annoying commercials, retarded Google rules and most importantly shitty image quality. Don't expect to earn any money streaming on Vimeo but I'll be doing it to compliment my gaming experience. Also won't be doing voiceover, that is just lame. Plan to use vignettes to spice up gaming sessions with chosen gameplay.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:07:04 pm by Leshma »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »
+2
PewDiePie

And it happened within ten posts.

Impressive.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:07:07 pm by Christo »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 10:05:18 pm »
But if you want fame & money you'll have to act like you're some kind of a retard, like PewDiePie for example.

WoW clones didn't do that great, why would it work here ?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »
+1
Almost all the popular YouTube "gamers" are screaming retards, seems like its a recipe for success. Play some skillbased PvP game, those are always fun to watch.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:07 pm »
Jingles is a refreshing experience, if you are into those kind of games for an example.

He has his own "niche", and isn't like most yelling morons on YT.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 10:23:11 pm »
Subscribed, good luck

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 10:24:13 pm »
+1
Don't. You'll never get pass 10k subs if you broadcast niche games. I follow many people who broadcast stuff like that on tube and they don't have many subs or views. Unless you're doing this whole thing for fun, then you should do niche games.

I'm going to try not to even think about fame & money,, and just focus on getting better at making videos, making commentary, and getting my channel exposure.  I've currently been picking games because I love to play those particular games or they sound really interesting - if I play a game just for the sake of getting views I'm not going to be having fun, and it's going to sound like I'm not having fun in my videos & they'll be shit.

Realistically making real money off of videos would be incredibly unlikely - and while that would be great that's not going to be my focus for a long time (probably forever).