Author Topic: NA Melee Duel Tournament  (Read 16158 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: NA Melee Duel Tournament
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:45 am »
Lol what who was I fighting? Noobapollo?

nobody will ever know

i mean honestly i thought it was obvious because whats the last time anyone has ever seen me play with a polearm let alone play well at all at anything

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »
+2
This post is going to come across as white-knighting (especially since I'm an admin) but making events like these successful is really a two-way street.  Obviously administrators need to do a good job organizing the event & getting things prepared/keeping channels of communication open & making it clear what participants are supposed to be doing and when they're supposed to be doing it...but the participants also have a responsibility to adhere to the scheduled times & make an effort to honor commitments.

It's not the coordinator's faults if a bunch of people said they'd duel, and then they don't show up or are late or don't follow the rules... and it's a pain in the ass for coordinators to constantly pester people to respond/participate/confirm details like they're some sort of internet nanny.

Both sides have a responsibility to uphold their end of the bargain if an event is going to be successful.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »
While it is obviously the responsibility of a contestant to make an appearance, there was a request to post contact information so that the tournament admins could contact the contestants, or that is what I assume they wanted their contact information for. I know Tristan of Erzoth signed up for the tournament and was completely unaware it had even happened by round 3, which was days after it began. Other such as Knightmare and Firebus were also unaware of when the tournament was suppose to be. Tristan himself told me he was waiting for the admins to contact him about the tournament and I'm wondering how many others missed due to the same reason. I also know the late implementation of the substitute system screwed atleast one person over. Shiftknife was there when his fight was announced and waited over an hour before he decided to leave. He went to sleep and was later informed of how his opponent arrived late and fought a substitute. To be honest, the whole thing fell apart pretty much. Most the contestants couldn't make it or possibly didn't even know when it was suppose to be. More than half the people I would put money on winning didn't make and I wonder if it's better if we restarted the tournament. It seems unfair to those who have competed but I feel the people who missed the tournament were cheated a even more.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »
While it is obviously the responsibility of a contestant to make an appearance, there was a request to post contact information so that the tournament admins could contact the contestants, or that is what I assume they wanted their contact information for. I know Tristan of Erzoth signed up for the tournament and was completely unaware it had even happened by round 3, which was days after it began. Other such as Knightmare and Firebus were also unaware of when the tournament was suppose to be. Tristan himself told me he was waiting for the admins to contact him about the tournament and I'm wondering how many others missed due to the same reason.

lol

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2014, 11:53:57 pm »
+1
While it is obviously the responsibility of a contestant to make an appearance, there was a request to post contact information so that the tournament admins could contact the contestants, or that is what I assume they wanted their contact information for. I know Tristan of Erzoth signed up for the tournament and was completely unaware it had even happened by round 3, which was days after it began. Other such as Knightmare and Firebus were also unaware of when the tournament was suppose to be. Tristan himself told me he was waiting for the admins to contact him about the tournament and I'm wondering how many others missed due to the same reason.

You even gave up on trying to organize it in one day and gave people the option to organize their own duels. A tournament representing the best where the best in the competition can't make it doesn't represent much.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:37 pm »
I feel like this is a good time to mention that I nearly beat Ballsack without ever playing. I lost 4-5 to him while I was miles away from my PC at a pool party. Rofl.

if you didnt get the above because youre daft, im saying that i had a stand in play for me for the hell of it, and no one noticed
That's the funniest shit I've ever heard man. I fucking love you.
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Admiral Ballsack

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Weewoo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: l33tplayer, KbW Aflack, Admiral_Ballsack, PS_Bob
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:52 am »
+1
Tristan himself told me he was waiting for the admins to contact him about the tournament and I'm wondering how many others missed due to the same reason.

I also know the late implementation of the substitute system screwed at least one person over. Shiftknife was there when his fight was announced and waited over an hour before he decided to leave. He went to sleep and was later informed of how his opponent arrived late and fought a substitute.

but I feel the people who missed the tournament were cheated a even more.
Lol, it says on the forums when it starts. The event host cannot message every single person who signed up to make sure they show up. Also the people who missed the tournament, why should they feel cheated? I played all my matches and even stayed afterwards, and I went up against a guy that already lost the tournament.(Guess the admins don't check accounts?) If I was say the first dueler and my opponent wasn't here why should I have to wait TWO hours for him to log on or find a substitute? That's pretty bullshit when the bracket is visible to everybody, I realize NA doesn't have as many players as EU but during the EU tourny everyone was DQ if they didn't show up and the tourny ran much smoother...

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2014, 01:31:08 am »
+1
Lol, it says on the forums when it starts. The event host cannot message every single person who signed up to make sure they show up. Also the people who missed the tournament, why should they feel cheated? I played all my matches and even stayed afterwards, and I went up against a guy that already lost the tournament.(Guess the admins don't check accounts?) If I was say the first dueler and my opponent wasn't here why should I have to wait TWO hours for him to log on or find a substitute? That's pretty bullshit when the bracket is visible to everybody, I realize NA doesn't have as many players as EU but during the EU tourny everyone was DQ if they didn't show up and the tourny ran much smoother...

I don't think it would have taken that much to message people. Write down the the date and time and send it through a mass message on the forum or website to the people who put that as their contact information. Copy paste it to those who use steam. Neither should take all that long and by what I've seen that's the majority of contact information for players, all the people who missed it because they were unaware of the date.

Offline Apollo

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • The Gay Serf
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GOBBLIN EMPIRE
  • Game nicks: Apollo, Asstron_the_Assassinator
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:46 pm »
+2
I don't think it would have taken that much to message people. Write down the the date and time and send it through a mass message on the forum or website to the people who put that as their contact information. Copy paste it to those who use steam. Neither should take all that long and by what I've seen that's the majority of contact information for players, all the people who missed it because they were unaware of the date.
When you sign up for a tournament, you make a commitment to be there. Take some fuckin' responsibility or don't sign up at all.
You don't need to ban or anything just for future reference or something because he's rude to me.

Offline Require

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Me, myself, and I
  • Game nicks: Require, Dragonanth
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2014, 12:48:21 am »
+1
Require please stay in the tournament, beat Jay and Voncrow, and withdraw in round 4.  I want to make it to the semifinals without a single duel.
I'll do it  just for you <3

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2014, 10:41:35 pm »
Was I the only one informed this was starting on July 8th?
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2014, 03:34:26 am »
Kao won, first :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Offline Tydeus

• Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2014, 03:58:19 am »
+2
Congrats to Kaoklai. It's a shame so many people chose to not actually follow through after applying, even when given the ability to fight outside of the initially designated tournament days.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2014, 06:01:22 am »
How 2 get my point?

Offline Tydeus

• Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2014, 07:05:49 am »
How 2 get my point?
I can't hand them out personally, I have to get someone else to do it (a melee battlegrounds dev). You'll get it, don't worry, it just won't be today.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character