Author Topic: The Thirteen Knights  (Read 539 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
The Thirteen Knights
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:14:46 am »
+7
Sumus Mala Fortuna

The Thirteen Knights

are recruiting

Famous for their aggressive play style on the Strat map, this small elite group of valiant warriors are accepting new members.  When we just had 2 members, we captured New Shulus, New Slekzh castle (Well, King James of Acre supplied the ladders) and took New Anus from the Department of Special Education, another faction famous for their aggressive play style.  We have fought 12 battles under our own banner, and while we did not always kick ass, we always looked totally awesome.

So skip the big ass factions where you'll just breed troops and have to listen to 30 guys talking at once on their Teamspeak, and join us where you can command your own armies, come up with your own plans (provided they're bloodthirsty enough).  Not a good player?  Who cares, nor am I.  But we have people who can teach you.

But enough about you, let me tell you a bit about our clan:

Made up of louts and drunks vainly trying to be men of stature, their status as 'knights' is doubtful.  Founded by mercenaries from the losing side in a foreign war, they came to this land with just their swords in hand and a willingness to take risks others would shy from.  After taking New Shulus, their leader Bryggan took the title 'Lord', and suddenly remembered he was noble born.  After that he got drunk and made everyone in the tavern a knight.  Including the assistant muck scraper Dirk, who is now Commander of the 13 Knights.  With nothing to lose and glory to gain, they became renown whores (as well as other types of whores), seeking battles at every opportunity presented to them.

They always seek honour and glory in warfare, and all take three solemn vows.

1. To never drink any more alcohol except that which is required to pass out

2. Celibacy. Not irl, though, just in game. Though the one leads to the other.

3. To play the game RPishly, and to not take shit personal.

Their motto is 'Sumus Mala Fortuna', which means, 'We are bad luck'. They claim they are the bad luck that falls upon their enemy, but many TWed and TKed allies are not so convinced.

So quit being a passive little baby, and join the heroes of the 13 Knights.

Come chat with us at the13th.teamspeak3.com

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:29:24 pm by Bryggan »

Offline Dirkdi

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Flip the police
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Thirteen Knight
  • Game nicks: Dirk
  • IRC nick: wtf is that?
Re: The Thirteen Knights
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:50:53 am »
+3
Ah yes, I remember that fateful night.  I came to the stables to scrape the muck from the stalls, when I found Lord Bryggan muttering curses at a lame horse for not taking up his offer of knighthood.
I, being the knowledgeable and handsome person I am, promptly informed him the horse was a mute.

Then the words he spoke would echo in my mind for the rest of my drunken night.
"Ah Durk. Hey, you wanna be a knight?"

So that's how I became a knight in the employ of Lord Bryggan, Scourge of all that is peaceful and prosperous.

PS: The other 11 brave souls that were knighted that night either ran off, died jumping off stuff, or turned out to be tall rocks jutting out of the ground. 
My mother always said I was destined for great things, but I never knew it would be something like taking New Ayn Assuadi with underwhelming odds against us.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:40:04 am »
10/10 would work with again. Best pagan barbarians i've met in land.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:02:11 pm »
NVM
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:12:08 pm by Bryggan »