Author Topic: Thx for unleashing the next ranged shitstorm  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Thx for unleashing the next ranged shitstorm
« on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:51 pm »
+9
No heavy cav to kill them, paperhorses die charging them. Pretty cool. Mad.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Thx for unleashing the next ranged shitstorm
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:29:28 pm »
+1
What stats should the horses have?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:47 pm »

Multiply all maneuver values by 1.1, add 2 speed to all horses

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:45:10 am »
+6
Give them armor so they can actually attack this horrific archery gayness that's going on EU1 atm. This shit is just gamebreaking atm. As 2H and polearm I'm reduced to protecting friendly archers. If our team is gonna win, I won't even get a chance to fight anything. If we lose, I get ganked by 5 melee and 15 archers and throwers. Horse archers are topping the score board every single map cuz someone thought it would be a good idea to give them heavy horses and let no one else ride them.

Also please unfuck my 1H cav build by giving us an actual respec..........

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 01:01:48 am »
Also unfuck riding skill. The problem with horse balance right now is that riding is such a poor skill overall, the only point of it is to get just enough to use whatever horse you want to use. Pretty much like shield skill.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 01:07:51 am »
+3
Inb4 every HA that already had 8 riding anyhow scoops up a +3 eastern or cataphract on the cheap cause all the silly market dwellers think they were nerfed.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 02:00:46 am »
Multiply all maneuver values by 1.1, add 2 speed to all horses

Other than that, horses are internally balanced decently enough with each other? Having 44-46 to 53 maneuver on horses would be funny since I can't imagine how such a high value would translate in-game. I think it could actually work (maybe not *that* high, but some cav-wide improvements) as long as the bump mechanics are tweaked. Bump slash/stab damage is way too high for an attack akin to crushthrough, but with it reduced, I feel that horses could receive better stats without that crutch. Doesn't 46 speed already match some of the fastest race horses IRL?

Edit: Minimum speed before couching would also need to be increased.

Also unfuck riding skill. The problem with horse balance right now is that riding is such a poor skill overall, the only point of it is to get just enough to use whatever horse you want to use. Pretty much like shield skill.
I played 25-15 cav for a long time and thought the same. When the notion of increasing riding requirements came to light, I decided to try out what higher riding felt like and the boost was much more noticeable than expected. Trying 15-21, 15-24, 12-27, and 9-30 on STF and looking at their damages, they're actually not too far from each other in effectiveness. The horse's acceleration improves considerably, as well as the ability to accelerate from low->knockdown speeds from bumps.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:08:16 am by San »

Offline Admiral Ballsack

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Weewoo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: l33tplayer, KbW Aflack, Admiral_Ballsack, PS_Bob
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 05:28:01 am »
I don't really think stats are the issue, a lot of cav on will always be lame but there are ways to counter them. I'm not sure if you've seen Giggle recently, but he has 0 power strike and one-two hits most people with his morning star on horseback maybe something with that needs a change.(speed bonuses just trying to throw out ideas.) I agree with de-fucking the riding requirements 8 is TOO much in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 05:31:29 am by Admiral Ballsack »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 07:44:42 am »
+1
i see the same amount of cav as before the riding patch on EU1, so i don't know what people are complaining about in terms of number of cav, with archers, i have just hopped onto a STF and i must admit the 1 weight decrease has meant archers can kite a lot better than usual and can pretty much runaway from most people. But i see no influx in the amount of archers.

And i am normally the first to complain about archers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:48:17 am by Strudog »
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:03 am »
Arrows shouldn't be penetrating the broad side of heavily armored horses, or for balance sake do much less damage, so you can use your horse's armor properly like a medieval tank and deflect shit by using good angles while approaching or retreating. Riding directly at archers who hit you in the head should be just as much if not more punishing, but what is aggravating is making passes or loops around hordes of camped archers who can focus fire through your armor in a few seconds flat regardless of how fast or what direction the horse is going in.

Annoys me about armor in general, all pierce damage is so strong against it, when really it should just be well aimed pierce attacks, since a spear point or arrow head would bounce off good armor at a bad angle.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 09:05:53 am »
+2

Edit: Minimum speed before couching would also need to be increased.

Please don't, I love being able to couch on my donkey

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 09:13:46 am »
Other than that, horses are internally balanced decently enough with each other? Having 44-46 to 53 maneuver on horses would be funny since I can't imagine how such a high value would translate in-game. I think it could actually work (maybe not *that* high, but some cav-wide improvements) as long as the bump mechanics are tweaked. Bump slash/stab damage is way too high for an attack akin to crushthrough, but with it reduced, I feel that horses could receive better stats without that crutch. Doesn't 46 speed already match some of the fastest race horses IRL?

Horses used to be way better than they are today in speed and maneuver and it didn't cause much problems back then, beside being fun.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:42 am »
+1
Please don't, I love being able to couch on my donkey
Can confirm. He actually managed to donkey-couch me during DonkeyRace preparation. Not even with a 13 riding STF but with a normal char. :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 10:49:16 am »
no matter how heavy cav you will have they wont charge enemy archers that are aware, they dont work like that. they are more concerned about the horse HP than their own HP. 1 arrow = loose HP.

"no can do, must turn around and wait for backstab with my zillion armorpoints horse"

and, in my optic, the counter to range is shield, not cav. in crpg, cav counters everything but HA/HX (remove ranged cav from the mod) since they are only backstabbing and not charging as they should IMO. im dreaming of crpg cav that know how to teamwork and move in formation and charge as one into bunch of infantry, completely disregarding their HP. awesome. backstabbing cav = easy noob-mode.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:55:19 am by Sniger »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 01:18:08 pm »
Trying 15-21, 15-24, 12-27, and 9-30 on STF and looking at their damages, they're actually not too far from each other in effectiveness. The horse's acceleration improves considerably, as well as the ability to accelerate from low->knockdown speeds from bumps.

Sure, making a build like that would work, thinking of 15/24 right now. But wait... I was 24/15 and got 3 Str back... my mamluk and plated charger need 8 riding... uhm... hmmmm... cant really work it out... help me a bit plz, I'm bad at math.

You know its not that terrible to have the stats we have right now (a bit terrible though) but the thing that really hurts is that the first time I decide to go above lvl32 and choose a build for that, it is fucked. This is what is frustrating. You shit on hundreds of gameplay hours, thats what.