Author Topic: Pikes  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Pikes
« on: May 19, 2011, 05:02:48 am »
I don't know if this is the right topic but im posting it here, Pikes are anti cav weapons and I see people using them at close range and just fishhocking with it and its just ridiculous, I have seen people spawn with just a pike or long spear and no other weapon and charge infantry with it this needs to change that a great long weapon can be used at close quarters and be just as good as a sword or axe. something need to be done.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Pikes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 05:49:24 am »
They suffer the same problem as lawlstab swords, which is an engine problem. I would be very impressed if chadz found a way to stop it.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 06:16:20 am »
I would be very impressed if chadz found a way to stop it.

Make lances couch only and remove pikes, since WSE doesn't seem to be rolling around any time soon.

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 06:37:11 am »
Make lances couch only and remove pikes, since WSE doesn't seem to be rolling around any time soon.
No. Pikes are support weapons, if you face one alone you'll win pretty much every time. Keep your down-block on and watch for overheads(long spears only).

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:08:50 am »

wouldn't solve the issue at all. It would just make horses even more OP
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:40:12 am »
what if you could only block thrust and overhead with a pike and have to press "x" to be able to do sideway blocks, this would make the weapon way less duelable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:54:47 am »
Omg !
Yes add this feature also let pikers hit "u" to block upwards and "j" to block down or just ban all pikeman ?
Pikes are anti cav weapons yes but there were also 7 meters pikes in medieval period.Stop Q.Q about 2 and a half meters pikes owning you.It is good support weapon,if shielders and pikemen work together , that team will win against anything for sure.Pike/longspear both slow weapons with 2 chance to attack , if a person kills you with that on 1v1 consider practicing more instead of starting "nerf pikes" thread.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 08:10:40 am »
I dont know what i reall think about pikes but lets try:

PRO:
- Everybody playing battle the last days is seeing how extrem powerful horses have become again. They are masters of the battlefield
and they only have two enemies: Other horses and the pike.
In comparsion to some weeks ago when everybody had a pike in the backpack now the total number has decreased.
Nerfing the pike further would decrease numbers even more => Age of Pony

Contra:
- Actually fighting 1 on its own is fine... but just add any other infantry to his side and it becomes suddenly very very very difficult to kill one of them.
Add more pikeman and add more additional infantry and you will see how fucking retarded it gets to fight such a mob.
- Maybee pikeman are not in that numbers on server that it gets unplayable for other classes.
BUT: In Strategus probably every single poleman will wear a pike. They are in groups just toooooo powerful. If i am a commander i cant see any other
weapon i give to polearms. And tbh. fighting vs a team mixed of shields 2hs and massive amounts of pikes wont be a funny battle for anyone.
It will be like playing pool-billiard with those dont wearing one.
- I dont know why but i have 7 IF and i sometimes get onehit by those pike wearing a heavy helmet. I think they deal way to much damage.

Just my opinion. I dont want to see them on strategus in that state.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:20:28 am »
Im not sure what to say. Pikes seems to be very vital when it comes to cav balance, Im sure that if number of pikes would decrease it would result in cav completly taking over almost every map. On the other hand they also became very good at melee, as Camaris said, one is ok, 2 of them is hard mode, more than 2 is insta death. From all of factors that make pikes so good now I would cut the dmg, it seems very high, in medium armor with IF 6 almost 1 hit thing.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:30:40 am by Radix »

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 10:06:47 am »
oh c'mon pike is a defensive wep, it can be used against anything, not only cav.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 10:23:06 am »
the Pike can't do the lolstab spinthrust, it is too long to do damage to anything within 2.5 feet. It also has no overhead, and only 68 speed. Only 24 damage. That is it. Completely impossible to kill with in 1 v 1 if the opponent can block down once while getting in range to swing, and once they start swinging and don't let up their forward key: the pikemen can literally not attack them. Go try it yourself. Go use a pike, spin your heart out trying to hit someone next to you. It can not be done.

The long spear? Different story. yeah you can bend it and spin and stuff to use it at point blank. ALL other weapons can, too. Yeah it can be used in 1v1. This is true.
But that is what it is, a spear. you can easily still spam the user of one and their only viable 1v1 attack is thrust.

So, to clarify this, when you complain about the pike specifically you are complaining that: You lose 1 v 2(or more) where the enemy group contains a pike. You should and people did.
pike/spear/shield coordination WERE effective and SHOULD be effective. I can't believe people are complaining and wanting to nerf teamwork. You've run the gauntlet now and come full circle in the nerf cycle.

Oh, and for the record, longer spears are NOT only for anti cavalry. I don't know where you read that or thought that up but that has never been true. The only exception to that is a full length pike, we're talking something 5 to 7 meters long. Those aren't in this game.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:19:35 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 10:29:15 am »
If someone is beating you in a duel with a pike, they would probably utterly destroy you if they had a regular weapon.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:06 am »
If someone is beating you in a duel with a pike, they would probably utterly destroy you if they had a regular weapon.
I have to quote this because it is far too true.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 10:47:36 am »
there is a point about long spear is quite annoying in meele mob fights.
thats why archers should see pikemens as an priority target.
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 10:49:47 am »
When will people learn.... its not the pike that is beating you, its the skill of that person
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.