Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54213 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »
sure i guess, but point was there is no breathing and stamina in crpg. its kind of broken cos depending what glasses you wear there is few or no downsides using plate armor

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2014, 12:27:30 pm »
Good patch =)
I think it was necessary and overdue to touch heavy cav ... particularly heavy 1h-cav.
Lets see how the changes play out on the long run ... Imo, nobody can really normatively predict meta gameplay and balance; It has to be tested or its just a guess.

People should try to play their class and have fun with the game.
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 03, 2014, 01:47:24 pm »
+3
How is cavalry units that can oneshot stuff a problem ? It's melee cav. You can dodge them, block them or hit them before they hit you. All these things are much easier to do against melee cav than against any other class. And it's especially easy against heavy cav since their moves are telegraphed. Infantry 2h/pole STR builds can also oneshot stuff, and much more regularly than melee cav. Yet that's not a problem for you ? It's much easier to defend yourself against melee footmen and cav as infantry than it is as cavalry. Unless you want to spend the whole round running away. Not to mention that failing to oneshot as cav means you will very rarely get kills. Unlike infantry, you can't stay on target for a second hit as cav, you have to move constantly.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #363 on: June 03, 2014, 02:54:37 pm »
+1
Ranged players can oneshoot people as well. I do find that a problem though :evil:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »
+3
Ranged players can oneshoot people as well. I do find that a problem though :evil:

You find that a problem because it really is, given current missile speed and draw time tolerance. Shooting stuff is much easier and much less risky than hurling yourself full speed towards a bunch of people that might just murder you in seconds if you are unlucky. Cav gameplay is managing risk beyond your control. The outcome of a move is mostly function of how good the players you are attacking are (and mostly about their situational awareness) and less function of how good you are as rider. As opposed to ranged where only the shooter's skill counts, beyond dodging skill that anybody playing more than three days has mastered. Furthermore, my argument about repeat attacks still stands. It's much easier to attack the same target twice as ranged than as cav.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2014, 05:51:48 pm »
litelary

Don't know where to start from...

Skyrim UI

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #366 on: June 03, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »
Don't know where to start from...
wut?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #367 on: June 03, 2014, 07:25:22 pm »
litteraly it is liretaly ?
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #368 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:04 pm »
+1

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »
You mean figuratively

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #370 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:19 pm »
+1
You mean figuratively

that's officially been changed already. language is fluid and means what people use it to mean. don't hang on to your old ways because it makes you feel smarter than. because in this case at least, you're wrong.

literally

then again i have no idea what i'm talking about and you might be referring to something i'm not aware of so fuck me and everything i hold dear
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:00:06 pm by Dooz »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 03, 2014, 11:34:06 pm »
That was actually an xkcd reference but I felt it could stand alone so I just wrote it like that.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:30 am »
+1
lol nice stingy respec for cav

Not bad changes from the looks of it, but 3 STR and your riding as a refund screws over all the 5 riding heavy cav players, since you can only go up 1 more riding skill from your base build. I'm sure much crying has been done already, but its a legitimate complaint.

Doesn't effect me since I was 21/18 medium cav, and would simply have to switch to 18/21 to use a war horse again. But any 24/15 players (very common) will no longer be able to use war horse and above.

Also, the Padded Warhorse (and the other 6 riding War Horses) looks very OP now with internal horse balance. There's not enough difference between them and War Horse to warrant War Horse needing 1 more riding. Should probably buff/nerf accordingly, since there's 0 incentive to get up to 7 riding to use the oldschool War Horse and Large War Horse, two staples of "medium-heavy" cav for the past few years.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2014, 09:28:21 am »
lol nice stingy respec for cav

Not bad changes from the looks of it, but 3 STR and your riding as a refund screws over all the 5 riding heavy cav players, since you can only go up 1 more riding skill from your base build. I'm sure much crying has been done already, but its a legitimate complaint.

Doesn't effect me since I was 21/18 medium cav, and would simply have to switch to 18/21 to use a war horse again. But any 24/15 players (very common) will no longer be able to use war horse and above.

Also, the Padded Warhorse (and the other 6 riding War Horses) looks very OP now with internal horse balance. There's not enough difference between them and War Horse to warrant War Horse needing 1 more riding. Should probably buff/nerf accordingly, since there's 0 incentive to get up to 7 riding to use the oldschool War Horse and Large War Horse, two staples of "medium-heavy" cav for the past few years.

Are you going to buy another account or quit? That's all I care about.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:36:52 am by ArysOakheart »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 05, 2014, 04:45:57 pm »
+9