Author Topic: Please can we get old 1h right swing back  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Please can we get old 1h right swing back
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 12:24:48 pm »
+1
please can someone understand before i die of frustration

the old right swing was not supposed to be used to hit someone in the face

if you were trying to use it for that you were frankly using it wrong. it was the slowest and longest reach swing (not stab), and it was supposed to be used for target switching (because of it having the WIDEST arc, and the longest range of any swing), and for surprise out-reaching (because again, of it's WIDE arc and it's LONG range).

if you were trying to use it to hit people to their faces you were using it wrong.

the new one is marginally better for hitting people to the face than the old one was. but the new one is significantly shorter, easier to see, and hits a lot earlier in the animation. these 3 factors mean it is basically useless for target switching, and out-ranging, as it is no longer the attack with the widest arc and longest range as described above.

because 1h players can no longer target switch and out-range effectively with medium length 1h weapons, my playstyle has been reduced to either doing nothing but spamming people in their face and hoping they're incredibly bad, or taking a stupidly long 1h like the nordic champion sword and out-reaching with that. if the big plan here was to remove what was a skill mechanic (out-reaching longer weapons with shorter weapons), and make it so everyone either has to facehug and spam, or take one of the ridiculously long weapons to have half a chance, then you've done a great job at that devs.

please for the love of god can we just have the old one back?  :(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:28:13 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 12:28:23 pm »
He new one hits like a truck at the beginning of the animation, much like 2h unbalanced does. Ive always found the 1h stab to be quite good for target switching aswell. 1h overheads have a nice reach aswell.

But, to be fair, I dont abuse the game mechanics to their limits, so I guess you have a harder* time adjusting to such a drastic change then me.

because 1h players can no longer target switch and out-range effectively with medium length 1h weapons,

Jesus christ
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 12:28:41 pm »
my point is that i think its funny that pretty much the only ones commenting and downvoting is 2h or polearm players... sue me, hurry.
Try to act normal asocial.

I showed you that u commented on other classes as well what now ?  Whats ur point ?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 12:28:52 pm »
actually it took some practice to actually do headshot on purpose with a right-swing.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 12:28:59 pm »
please can someone understand before i die of frustration

the old right swing was not supposed to be used to hit someone in the face

if you were trying to use it for that you were frankly using it wrong. it was the slowest and longest reach swing (not stab), and it was supposed to be used for target switching (because of it having the WIDEST arc, and the longest range of any swing), and for surprise out-reaching (because again, of it's WIDE arc and it's LONG range).

if you were trying to use it to hit people to their faces you were using it wrong.

the new one is marginally better for hitting people to the face than the old one was. but the new one is significantly shorter, easier to see, and hits a lot earlier in the animation. these 3 factors mean it is basically useless for target switching, and out-ranging, as it is no longer the attack with the widest arc and longest range as described above.

please for the love of god can we just have the old one back? :))
No.
Because fuck your bias, it is slightly shorter since it's a bit angled which doesn't even make a fucking change because 1h rightswing has +30cm ghostreach any fucking way.
Now we get a harder to notice,unexpected,nonglancing useful long range swing why the fuck are you hating it ?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 12:30:23 pm »
my point is that i think its funny that pretty much the only ones commenting and downvoting is 2h or polearm players... sue me, hurry.

Well no, I'm 1h first and I prefer the new animation. I may not have dozens of hours of playtime with it yet, but nothing of note seems bad about it.

Besides, most of those commenting are 2h or polearm because there are already few 1h players left, and they aren't really well represented on the forums either, with the likes of you and melcke.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:04 pm »
Try to act normal asocial.

I showed you that u commented on other classes as well what now ?  Whats ur point ?

didnt comment on them because i felt the change would make it easyer for them to kill me, i commented because i thought something was fucked up. you guys are commenting on a completely new change to the animation, an animation you dont use that much. seems abit like you dont want 1h to get their old right-swing because then you wont be able to rapeface as much as you do currently...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:39:26 pm by Sniger »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:26 pm »
Well no, I'm 1h first and I prefer the new animation. I may not have dozens of hours of playtime with it yet, but nothing of note seems bad about it.

never referred to you, if i did it was mistake.

Besides, most of those commenting are 2h or polearm because there are already few 1h players left, and they aren't really well represented on the forums either, with the likes of you and melcke.

and why do you think that is?

:lol:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:45 pm »

Ive always had atleast one alt that was a swashbuckler(best class evar), so I guess I somewhat represent the 1h players.
(Guard_Commissar, forward! For the motherland!)
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 12:34:45 pm »
+1
what you call "abusing game mechanics to the limits" i call "skill"

knowing the exact reaches of the weapon you are using and using that to out-range someone who has a much greater reach than you, i consider much more skillfull than what is offered by the new swing, which is abusing it's early animation hit by taking high damage (either high damage weapon or high powerstrike/WPF), and abusing the early animation hit.

i'd much sooner have people skillfully using the ranges of the weapons which they've learnt with much practice, than i would have people simply spamming rightswing with high damage abusing the broken sweetspots from the early animation hit.

please give the old one back.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:29 pm »
Messif skillz wow

My 2 cents are given, now im broke.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 12:53:45 pm »
didnt comment on them because i felt the change would make it easyer for them to kill me, i commented because i thought something was fucked up. you guys are commenting on a completely new change to the animation, an animation you dont use that much. seems abit like you dont want 1h to get their old right-swing because then you wont be able to rapeface as much as you do currently...
Fuckin moron i have been playing this game for 5 years ; and i am pretty sure that i am way too better than you and yes i can comment on every class regardless.

If that animation will come back i want 360 stab , 360 head attack aka slowing effect on turning with attack. But i dont personally want those things to come back as same as 1h animations aka ghost hit machine.

1h right swing change comes after polearm stun remove so its really good to not have ACS cavs as on horse using right swing as long spear.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »
there are already few 1h players left, and they aren't really well represented on the forums either, with the likes of you and melcke.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/can-we-get-stats-of-servers/msg940271/#msg940271

Those few one-handers we have left seem to do quite a lot of damage, maybe they just so pro.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2014, 01:50:53 pm »
The new right swing seems more biomechanically viable and is also easier to hit the head of the enemy. I score lots of kills this way.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2014, 02:13:45 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/can-we-get-stats-of-servers/msg940271/#msg940271

Those few one-handers we have left seem to do quite a lot of damage, maybe they just so pro. cav