Author Topic: Please can we get old 1h right swing back  (Read 2839 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: Please can we get old 1h right swing back
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 11:54:47 am »
this swing is not as long as the old one; if that is any good i don't know, i have to say i remember some 1h outreaching weapons that were definitely longer, which was bullshit i admit, but this swing is shorter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 12:00:12 pm »
Many of us have played this game 3000+ hours, so even if some of us played the majority of our time as a certain class, many of us have still clocked in 500+ hours in a variety of classes, by playing on alts or having switched builds in the past. Now 500+ hours is a lot and easily enough to learn a class, so going with the 'I am always 1h so I know better than anyone else' argument is almost as big a load of bullshit as 'I use 95 reach swords and have vastly superior range control than people that use 102 length swords'.

Make sure your opponent is straight in front of you, angle your screen down a bit and boom, old rightswing reach.

yeah because as they say, "experience completely stops counting after the first 500 hours"

I've played 90% of my time on warband with    ---the same sword--- (95 reach 1h with shield)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:35 pm »
+1
I don't get this "can't target switch anymore" thing.

It's as if the right swing was the only attack you could target switch with. Furthermore, the new right swing makes it easier because it doesn't get stuck as much at awkward angles. If I can trust my experience, the first "downsides" of the new right swing is that it doesn't extend as much in the very early stages of the animation, hence decreasing your early reach (hmmm HRE play on words). However hitting that soon in the animation means you are outside the sweetspot, so it's very risky. All in all I prefer avoiding the possibility that those kinds of badly timed attacks connect. The second downside is height control. I think the new right swing doesn't allow as much control as the old one. All in all the right swing is now more reliable because a teammate/enemy/wall/cactus on your right side now has less chances of fucking you over, and that's a huge improvement.

Now Tydeus needs to fix 1h overheads getting stuck on people behind you and we're set. I would not mind if that shit was fixed on all weapons actually, but on 1h it really makes 0 sense. Stop fiddling with upkeep, nobody cares :?

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »
+1
also i'm sorry to bring this here but why the2h stab hasn't been touched in years? i'm really happy to see attempts of improvement like the change made to 1h right swing, but on the hierarchy of needed change i think the ever lasting stab really needs a change; i've seen people standing on a superhuman anatomically incorrect position for more than 5 seconds, really that is bullshit. and some 2 h dare complaining about pike/longspear stabs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 12:05:15 pm »
+1

funny, i thought all these guys were 2h/cav/polearm. you play 1h once in a while on a STF or alt... why are you commenting when you aint playing 1h? lol
I played 1h for 3 years fucker. Without a single QQ of backpedals,glances,chrusthrough bar maces or crushthrough morningstars, never cried. Still have a 1h alt still not cryin. So yeah, fuck your fail judgment. After 3 years of hardwork,leading charges and getting teamkilled by greedy maulersi I guess I earned my retirement at "relaxed S-key spam mode".

+ I've done tests about this swing, I was QQing at start "Ooooo they fucked up the rightswing like 1h does need another fucking nerf already"
Guess what? They didn't nerf a shit. The range is slightly shorter but that rightswing has retarded ghostreach since it's own existance so who gives a shit.
You guys fail at it because you fail to make your swing hit your target due to angle change, swing is not directly horizontal now, it's diagonal you have to adept.

Watch in Slow-mo, i was high while editing the video so i misspelt 2nd video as "Native swing" 2nd video is future right swing of cRPG which is also made by Tydeus and will be updated via following patch.

See motherfucker i, as "2h hero" care about 1h more than you do, now go cry and ask for mercy, maybe i'll forgive you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:13:09 pm by HarunYahya »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 12:05:52 pm »
+2
also i'm sorry to bring this here but why the2h stab hasn't been touched in years? i'm really happy to see attempts of improvement like the change made to 1h right swing, but on the hierarchy of needed change i think the ever lasting stab really needs a change; i've seen people standing on a superhuman anatomically incorrect position for more than 5 seconds, really that is bullshit. and some 2 h dare complaining about pike/longspear stabs.

It's more balanced than it was before but it still needs some tweaking, yes.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 12:07:27 pm »
The old right swing was a joke and only useable in incredibly gay reach whoring.. I dig the new one, kudos to Tydeus tbh
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 12:08:33 pm »

Tbh, the 2h stab is pretty easy to chamber.. Easier then any other weapon
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 12:11:01 pm »

It has been. It no longer does damage at the full extend of the animation unless you are wearing peasant armor and even then it deals close to zero damage. 2H stab is also the slowest attack in game and has a huge stun if you fail. Polearm stab is much faster and I can use my legs and an awlpike to outstab a lot of two-handers while dealing at least twice the damage. And it doesn't get stunned long enough to get hit. Some greatsword lolstabbers can be annoying, but still I don't see why people would still complain about 2H stab.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 12:11:32 pm »
+3

funny, i thought all these guys were 2h/cav/polearm. you play 1h once in a while on a STF or alt... why are you commenting when you aint playing 1h? lol
i beg your pardon ; your grace

part of the problem is that when people have x1 and its open map, they log out and hop on a cav alt
with ranged cav: realism > gameplay
without ranged cav: realism < gameplay
i had x5 for 5 maps today on my archer. got valour 3 times. no im not very fast but then again i carry 2 quivers bodkins as well as a sword. i prefer to shoot enemy than dodge him though...  :twisted:
gameplay > realism
yes
1 LP = 400-500k gold = hours and hours of full (horse+self) plate battle for the lols. this without the x5 multiplier you most likely have due to being member of a stacking megaclan  :lol:
you just explained my gameplay here and im not cav :)
^

Mounted range is abormination and ignored
What do you want ? If your main 1h you can only give opinions about 1h ? How retarted are you ?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 12:11:53 pm »
+1
I borrowed an ACS from armory today and tried it on foot , and from what I see , new right swing is really OP, I spammed people from right and never glanced even for once. Also it is unpredictable, no one believes that you can hit them from right with an ACS in a balcony...Also works with my Nordic War Sword too , I overwhelmingly spammed people on duel with my right swing, they couldn't even swing at me.
With the old right swing, most of the hits would glance if you re not facing the enemy, with the new swing , if someone posts a picture/video of me glancing with my right swing, I will pay 50k.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 12:18:28 pm »
I borrowed an ACS from armory today and tried it on foot , and from what I see , new right swing is really OP, I spammed people from right and never glanced even for once. Also it is unpredictable, no one believes that you can hit them from right with an ACS in a balcony...Also works with my Nordic War Sword too , I overwhelmingly spammed people on duel with my right swing, they couldn't even swing at me.
With the old right swing, most of the hits would glance if you re not facing the enemy, with the new swing , if someone posts a picture/video of me glancing with my right swing, I will pay 50k.

I have had the same experience, but haven't played 1H enough to call it OP yet. But it seems like it never glances, reaches maybe 30cm more than left swing and hits the head half the time.

Playing 2H hero is now a bit harder for me because when I run into a right swing, instead of glancing like it did before it takes half my HP :oops:

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 12:23:04 pm »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 12:23:24 pm »
Playing 2H hero is now a bit harder for me because when I run into a right swing, instead of glancing like it did before it takes half my HP :oops:

Ho noes I heff to blokc    butt iam 2h amsterrrace ! unjustiec !

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 12:24:42 pm »
i beg your pardon ; your grace
What do you want ? If your main 1h you can only give opinions about 1h ? How retarted are you ?

my point is that i think its funny that pretty much the only ones commenting and downvoting is 2h or polearm players... sue me, hurry.