Author Topic: Exclusive banner prices  (Read 457 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Exclusive banner prices
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:53:06 am »
+10
What do you think about the current prices of exclusive banners ?

I don't know whether Pixel Paladins is in the expensive zone of the 2 month cycle, but regularly paying more than 150k for a banner is extremely penalizing for small/medium clans like us.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Exclusive banner prices
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:03:03 pm »
Yep, it's fucking awful.

We can get the 150k together without a lot of trouble but we aren't the most active clan and sometimes pulling that cash together isn't easy. We play a lot of strat however, and that's kind of where the banners shine imo.

The reality is, the market is willing to pay 150k for banners, so that's their price. No one can really declare a faction real or not so... how do we deal with it?

I suppose a min amount of members could be used, say >2 members means you can get a banner slot. I purchased the last free peasant banner and I got it off a single Chinese player that had a clan called "Police" the banner was the power puff girls. Last time I clicked through A LOT of the banners were owned by clans that had one member only. Barring those people from getting banners should decrease competition for the slots greatly.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:16:49 pm »
+1
I think one-man clans should be allowed to purchase banners. If they have the money, it's fine in my book. However, having a little bit more banner moderation would help too. At least if disabled banner slots are redistributed quickly. I'm not sure it's possible anymore, but increasing the amount of exclusive banners slots would be neat.

Offline Delson

• Earl
  • Renown: 418
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • NA or Any?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Delson
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:20:39 pm »
I have never bought a banner over 35k. You just need to wait for the wave to pass.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:40:43 pm »
+1
I wrote a big long rant... fuck.

I haven't paid less than 80k in a year. The last slot I got I waited 2 weeks for and paid 150.

The only way to lower price is to; increase supply or decrease demand.

Afaik supply is maxed. So the only solution is to lower demand.

The best way to do that is to put caps on who can buy the things. eg clans with x+ amount of people in them.

Another idea would be to grant clans with more people longer time with a banner before it flips over. As in, a clan with 10+ people gets it for 3 months 20+ 4 months 30+ 5 months and 40+ 6 months. That way the people buying one off banners turn over quicker but the clans don't have to worry so much.

At the end of the day banners are supposed to be representations of factions/clans. Lone players owning them is great, but since slots are limited... maybe it should be such a big thing?

At the moment there is one up for auction that is owned by a lone player, a lot better than last week when I picked up the new banner slot for the FPF.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(