Author Topic: Approppraite banner  (Read 1920 times)

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
Approppraite banner
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:46:54 pm »
+28
I just had my banner removed for being inappropriateness. Here is my banner for clarity. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 This is a heraldic banner I made for Cup Clan. This is a very appropriate banner for the time period. I am sorry it is low quality. It is because I care about my clan and am willing to put work into it instead of copy pasting some banner from google images of some nation in history. If someone would please clarify why this was removed and not those bright pink or green banners that have nothing to do with medieval time or dark ages and are just bullshit copy pastes with no originality.
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
Re: Approppraite banner
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:51:36 pm »
+5
What is wrong with these mods!?
Cup clan best clan and banner is no exception!
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:40:27 am »
+1
Got rid of the Hello kitty banner :( but there is even others that y'all didnt get rid of.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 12:48:29 am »
+2
Free Banners 2k14!!11
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:49:56 am »
+1
Got rid of the Hello kitty banner :( but there is even others that y'all didnt get rid of.
And yet I saw one running around the other day in heraldic gear.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 01:23:23 am »
+1
And yet I saw one running around the other day in heraldic gear.

They put the censored one on.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:25:53 am »
+7
Having flaming katanas but not retarded banners... hypocracy !!

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 02:33:13 am »
+10
Ur a my old friendt cup

Offline Admiral Ballsack

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Weewoo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: l33tplayer, KbW Aflack, Admiral_Ballsack, PS_Bob
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:05 am »
+1

Offline Warborn304

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 139
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Saint_George_Zimmerman
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 06:49:23 am »
+2
Having flaming katanas but not retarded banners... hypocracy !!

/thread

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 09:08:44 am »
+2
brb leaving raven 2 join kup klan krew

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 09:23:09 am »
+5
being inappropriateness is bullshit, that banner is beautiful !

Offline Warborn304

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 139
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Saint_George_Zimmerman
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »
+9
In all honesty though is there some official thread about banners? (Rules, ect.)

I don't see anything wrong with this beautiful piece of art that Cup has decided to grace the c-rpg community with. Although it's craftsmanship may seem crude to and mundane to the untrained eye1. This is a superior piece of expressive art. We as the viewer can gather many cultural values through the aesthetic. For starters this is a two dimensional piece of contemporary art. The color scheme of sky blue, black and white, show us a good balance between light and dark, perhaps a reflection of his personality.2  The sky blue could be an expressive color of his optimistic personality that shines through the festering fecal pies of the community.

The banner clearly represents the guild and or clan primarily with the blue and black colors taking the shape representing a shield. There is also an emphasis on CUP CLAN due to its size and scale. In a lesser appearance we see "Victoriam Per Veritas" which is roughly translated as Victory through or by truth (if I am correct). This also bears weight on the gentleness and honest demeanor of Cup.3. Also we can note of the black border that is clear against the blue, and perhaps continues around the black on the lower portion of the shield. This border aesthetically helps flatten the piece and helps separate the image from the text. It also shows us that Cup values discipline and separation and perhaps helps us infer his likeness to order. The two dimensional values, color scheme, and typography all help relate this back to the medieval period of c-rpg.4

With even further examination of this piece we can see that perhaps Cup started with a flat black shield and layered the blue over top. This may refer the complexities that will evolve from the clan and his personality. It seems as if the clan will be rather dynamic in nature because of this. The stark blue rectangular shape is actually contrasted by the organic hand drawn deckle edge of the shield. This helps bring interest to the piece and is a rather nice quality in my opinion.

We can see links from this piece to perhaps Russian Constructivism, De Stijl and Dadaism. I could even go on about the kerning and typography aesthetics of his piece of art but I'll spare this for a later date.

In ending, I think this is a well suited banner for the community and has good intent and craftsmanship. 10/10 overall.

On a final note, the wisdom of Marcel Duchamp...
“What I have in mind is that art may be bad, good or indifferent, but, whatever adjective is used, we must call it art, and bad art is still art in the same way that a bad emotion is still an emotion.”

Sources for my thesis below:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:41:43 pm by Warborn304 »

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 04:49:17 pm »
+3
In all honesty though is there some official thread about banners? (Rules, ect.)

I don't see anything wrong with this beautiful piece of art that Cup has decided to grace the c-rpg community with. Although it's craftsmanship may seem crude to and mundane to the untrained eye1. This is a superior piece of expressive art. We as the viewer can gather many cultural values through the aesthetic. For starters this is a two dimensional piece of contemporary art. The color scheme of sky blue, black and white, show us a good balance between light and dark, perhaps a reflection of his personality.2  The sky blue could be an expressive color of his optimistic personality that shines through the festering fecal pies of the community.

The banner clearly represents the guild and or clan primarily with the blue and black colors taking the shape representing a shield. There is also an emphasis on CUP CLAN due to its size and scale. In a lesser appearance we see "Victoriam Per Veritas" which is roughly translated as Victory through or by truth (if I am correct). This also bears weight on the gentleness and honest demeanor of Cup.3. Also we can note of the black border that is clear against the blue, and perhaps continues around the black on the lower portion of the shield. This border aesthetically helps flatten the piece and helps separate the image from the text. It also shows us that Cup values discipline and separation and perhaps helps us infer his likeness to order. The two dimensional values, color scheme, and typography all help relate this back to the medieval period of c-rpg.4

With even further examination of this piece we can see that perhaps Cup started with a flat black shield and layered the blue over top. This may refer the complexities that will evolve from the clan and his personality. It seems as if the clan will be rather dynamic in nature because of this. The stark blue rectangular shape is actually contrasted by the organic hand drawn deckle edge of the shield. This helps bring interest to the piece and is a rather nice quality in my opinion.

We can see links from this piece to perhaps Russian Constructivism, De Stijl and Dadaism. I could even go on about the kerning and typography aesthetics of his piece of art but I'll spare this for a later date.

In ending, I think this is a well suited banner for the community and has good intent and craftsmanship. 10/10 overall.

On a final note, the wisdom of Marcel Duchamp...
“What I have in mind is that art may be bad, good or indifferent, but, whatever adjective is used, we must call it art, and bad art is still art in the same way that a bad emotion is still an emotion.”

Sources for my thesis below:
(click to show/hide)

TL;DR, But I can see many fancy words at first glance, so I totally agree to this!
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 02:38:52 am »
+4
Personally, I think the Cup clan banner is fine.

At the very least, it's still better than the newest "DEVS ARE chocolate chip cookieS" Yoshi banner:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Edit: I guess Nahtzees is a bad word or something. Fuckin' devs.