Author Topic: Muslims, really?  (Read 13234 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Muslims, really?
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2014, 01:54:10 am »
And how can you be certain that your brain is going to die? Would you say it's 100% certain?

Brain dies, information may be preserved. At the moment, we have no way to access it so we can classify it as data. Problem is that many scientists have same jerk attitude as those religious leaders they dislike so much. Saying how data stored in our brain goes poof after total system shutdown is not really according to the laws of physics. It certainly is out of our reach, just like data stored on RAM chips after they lose power. But it is just a form of energy, therefore it can't disappear. I want to believe in possibility that data we gather during our lifetime can be decoded. I actually want to believe that is universally possible, that we'll find a way to transform energy back and forth on our own without having having to wait on universe mechanism to do it. After all, science is nothing else than rediscovering and understanding how our universe works.

As Carl Sagan said, we (humans) and everything that surrounds us are made of stardust.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2014, 02:12:42 am »
Brain dies, information may be preserved. At the moment, we have no way to access it so we can classify it as data. Problem is that many scientists have same jerk attitude as those religious leaders they dislike so much. Saying how data stored in our brain goes poof after total system shutdown is not really according to the laws of physics. It certainly is out of our reach, just like data stored on RAM chips after they lose power. But it is just a form of energy, therefore it can't disappear. I want to believe in possibility that data we gather during our lifetime can be decoded. I actually want to believe that is universally possible, that we'll find a way to transform energy back and forth on our own without having having to wait on universe mechanism to do it. After all, science is nothing else than rediscovering and understanding how our universe works.

As Carl Sagan said, we (humans) and everything that surrounds us are made of stardust.
Even if you can move your preserved data to "afterlife" you'll remain dead to people you left in world.
To me, death doesn't mean to get erased off the universe, it is losing the ability to be a part of people's lives actively. I underlined "actively" because your ideas and things you have done stays in the world.You just can't add more to what you've done.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 698
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2014, 02:33:35 am »
Well, I don't give a damn what death means to you, frankly. To me death is shutdown of brain function and "loss" of the energy contained in it. I care about that, you have your own worries (simple stuff as relations between people).

As Umbra pointed out, second law of thermodynamics prevents what I want to believe become possibly. But good thing about that law is that it became apparent after conducting experiments with heat on planet Earth. Rest is just massive amount of theoretical work, using stuff we currently know are true.

Reality is that theories are put to test every day and that we have seen only small portion of observable universe. So far first and second laws of thermodynamics are true. But maybe there is a place in the universe where both or one of them prove being false. That's the beauty of science. You work what you know and build that foundation further, but there can be case that something isn't true and you need to rework some of your findings or "beliefs". Unlike religions and their dogma's which can't be changed because if they do whole thing lose sense and people stop following it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:37:00 am by Leshma »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:08 am »
+1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future
Thanks i didn't know the definition of future.
What an enlightment !

The thing is, you told me we are discussing future after i replied how im %100 sure brain dies... That statement is still unclear so once again, what future ?

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:29 am »
+1
So you were agreeing with me.

Certainly
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 1450
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2014, 03:07:55 am »
Also Umbra, you should be aware that second law of thermodynamics is maybe the most important law of physics, battlefield between evolutionists and creationists. That law is under lot of pressure. Some disprove it, many believe in it is a foundation and won't even question it.

It is certainly controversial, because it is explaining whole universe from an earthly perspective, even life and death of an universe (Planck said that is bullshit). Sound pretty far fetched to me, but I'll stick to it until scientists find a way to disprove it. Whole assumption of universe being closed system is also fishy. We'll see...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2014, 03:15:48 am »
Thanks i didn't know the definition of future.
What an enlightment !

The thing is, you told me we are discussing future after i replied how im %100 sure brain dies... That statement is still unclear so once again, what future ?
The time after the present. You can't be sure that death is certain for anyone alive at this moment.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2014, 04:09:07 am »
The time after the present. You can't be sure that death is certain for anyone alive at this moment.
I am %100 sure that everyone will and should die eventually. Never said it'll happen now, as the time passes we all approach to our inevitable, absolut end.
I am guessing you are implying death is not certain because as time develops, there may be a chance to be immortal by advanced medical science.

Considering the money gained by people dying, I don't think thats likely to happen soon. I am %100 sure our generation wouldn't see that.

You buy food which has additives to increase free radicals in your body which causes cancer.
You buy treatment to overcome cancer which also kills your healthy body parts
You buy treatment to cure sideeffects of cancer aswell
You die.

It is an example of many common ways gaining shit tons of money by getting people dead. To achive immortality, humans should overcome their ego and probably get monatary system out of their lives which is a fucking distant utopia.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2014, 04:42:59 am »
I am %100 sure that everyone will and should die eventually. Never said it'll happen now, as the time passes we all approach to our inevitable, absolut end.
I am guessing you are implying death is not certain because as time develops, there may be a chance to be immortal by advanced medical science.

Considering the money gained by people dying, I don't think thats likely to happen soon. I am %100 sure our generation wouldn't see that.

You buy food which has additives to increase free radicals in your body which causes cancer.
You buy treatment to overcome cancer which also kills your healthy body parts
You buy treatment to cure sideeffects of cancer aswell
You die.

It is an example of many common ways gaining shit tons of money by getting people dead. To achive immortality, humans should overcome their ego and probably get monatary system out of their lives which is a fucking distant utopia.
So if there are an infinite amount if universes, you cannot imagine one where people don't die? That's what 100% means. And if that's what you truly claim, well.... you are wrong.

http://lesswrong.com/lw/mn/absolute_authority/
http://lesswrong.com/lw/mo/infinite_certainty/
http://lesswrong.com/lw/mp/0_and_1_are_not_probabilities/
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2014, 04:53:21 am »
Did you just call it 100% sure?

That means you know what will happen. You have a time machine? Insight into the future? You are death?
Feel like sharing with us?

There's a chance that human immortality could be reached the next day, or the next... if you think about it it can be interpreted like the lottery, just with more factors. I know blah blah scientists blah research blah. You know what I'm talking about here.

I find it hilarious how you look down on Atheists because they don't 100% believe in fairytales, then say that Atheism is the same as Theism (the what),

And then you make an "I am 100%+ sure" claim.

The fuckwhat.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:57:15 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2014, 06:10:08 am »
+3
So if there are an infinite amount if universes, you cannot imagine one where people don't die? That's what 100% means. And if that's what you truly claim, well.... you are wrong.

http://lesswrong.com/lw/mn/absolute_authority/
http://lesswrong.com/lw/mo/infinite_certainty/
http://lesswrong.com/lw/mp/0_and_1_are_not_probabilities/
I am talking about the known world, reality. If we gonna get into "If..." sentences we will keep doing this conversations forever.
Imaginations are limitless, there may be an alternate world where asians have 5 dicks 2 meters long each where black people have tiny lil pipis.

Did you just call it 100% sure?

That means you know what will happen. You have a time machine? Insight into the future? You are death?
Feel like sharing with us?

There's a chance that human immortality could be reached the next day, or the next... if you think about it it can be interpreted like the lottery, just with more factors. I know blah blah scientists blah research blah. You know what I'm talking about here.

I find it hilarious how you look down on Atheists because they don't 100% believe in fairytales, then say that Atheism is the same as Theism (the what),

And then you make an "I am 100%+ sure" claim.

The fuckwhat.
First of all, chill.
To know that all living things will die, I don't need a timemachine just remove bullshit fairytales of "if there is an alternate universe..."Im talking about the known world, the one we live in.

I clearly don't know what you are talking about there. Come back to real world, you know that won't happen anywhere close to our century.

Why would i look down on atheists who don't believe in fairy tales ? I don't give a fuck what people believe or don't believe... Judging people by religion and discriminating people by their beliefs or nonbeliefs is fucking bullshit. Both atheism and theism are theories, none of them have proofs to support their claims. An atheists who speaks how god is not real is same as jehova's witnesses. An empty glass, offering to fill mine...

It is a surprise to meet someone who thinks death is not certain because humans can discover immortality tomorrow. I thought those kind died in 16th century after they realized there is no fountain of youth.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2014, 06:21:14 am »
I clearly don't know what you are talking about there.

It is a surprise to meet someone who thinks death is not certain because humans can discover immortality tomorrow. I thought those kind died in 16th century after they realized there is no fountain of youth.

Yes, that much is obvious.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2014, 07:51:10 am »
+1
Internet is not for you If you can not stand being called dumb from Time to Time.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2014, 09:24:38 am »
Christo ; i really didnt know you were that much dumb and retard.

Harun is just trying to argue and share this thought about the most retarted topic and actually he is not insulting or humiliating for fuck sake.

Even he answered your retarted post as "Chill" ;  whats ur fuckin problem ?

1 ) 14 years old

2 ) On period

3 ) Your father / mother hit you with hosepipe or ironed when you were 6 years old.

I am pretty sure you are trying to show how cool you are but dude calm the fuck down you wont get attention for that anymore dont be DaveUKR ; dont be an attention whore.