Author Topic: Muslims, really?  (Read 13239 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Muslims, really?
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2014, 12:03:15 am »
(click to show/hide)
First you had no idea what atheism is, and now you've even went and confused your logical fallacies. But nobody's dumb on purpose.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2014, 12:17:32 am »
You do realize that all myths are made up right ?

And yes, absolute certainty is absurd. However, just because something is not certain doesn't mean you can't live assuming it is certain.
Actually religion is a myth with followers. Greek mythology, Viking mythology were all religions at their time, after people denied them and converted to other belief, they began to be called myths.You claim Myths are made up but people of those ages didn't think that. Same goes for todays beliefs.
Probably after a several hundred years, all religions we speak of today will be called Myths.

Human has a difference from animals, we question our existance and believing in those stories which pass generations after generations seems like a way to understand the universe for some people. I understand that and respect that. Science on the other hand is the method i believe which is gonna find the absolut answer to the eternal question but I don't believe that my life will suffice for the time required. Therefore I cannot answer the question of if there is a god or not.

There is only one certain thing in life which is death. All other things are uncertain of course you'll live your life by assuming the way you think. For example, I got my own belief which is based on empathy. I deny the dogmas of religions but I am pretty sure a man cannot live without a "code" or "moral rules" or "belief" whatever you name it. If there are some guys out there who don't kill me,  just because it's a sin, im fine with that let them keep believing in it.

I also believe that religion is a moral code for people, check it out all major religions say the same stuff basically. Don't rape, don't steal, don't kill etc.
I agree with those, but other stuffs are bullshit,outdated stuff imo.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2014, 12:33:04 am »
Death is not certain either. There are no certainties.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2014, 12:41:14 am »
Religious debates are for heretics, no one even dares to assume the lord isn't real.

Fucking heretic shits, biw down to the one true heir
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2014, 12:42:38 am »
I also believe that religion is a moral code for people, check it out all major religions say the same stuff basically. Don't rape, don't steal, don't kill etc.

So if religion wouldn't exist, everybody would kill, rape, and steal?

Does this make me a rapist thief murderer by your analogy?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2014, 12:45:26 am »
Death is not certain either. There are no certainties.
Death is certain. Life is just a series of memories and thoughts, when your brain dies, your life ends aswell. If you defy life as ability to exist in any form, you may be right.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2014, 12:47:53 am »
Death is certain. Life is just a series of memories and thoughts, when your brain dies, your life ends aswell. If you defy life as ability to exist in any form, you may be right.
And how can you be certain that your brain is going to die? Would you say it's 100% certain?

Also, using religions for a moral code is horrible. What those books tell you to do... well, let's just say that you have to be very, very selective if you wish to use them as a moral guide.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2014, 01:06:25 am »

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2014, 01:08:27 am »
And how can you be certain that your brain is going to die? Would you say it's 100% certain?

Also, using religions for a moral code is horrible. What those books tell you to do... well, let's just say that you have to be very, very selective if you wish to use them as a moral guide.
Because brain activity can be easily monitored.
Human body is a complex biological machine. Cells grouped up to tissues, tissues organize to do certain things as a part, organs work like gears, if one fails, whole body fails.
Life is ending that is a hard fact, I've seen it. When you lose a loved one, see her cold,dead body you are certain that there is an end.
Once you realize you cannot have any more memories with someone, be sure he/she is dead. Maybe exists in somewhere else in some other form but the one you know, shared moments is gone that's why im certain that death is the only certain thing in this known world.

Religions designed to put societies together by assigning a general moral code. So it is so natural to base your morality on religion but as i said, they are outdated and corrupted by people in time.
Think of Islam for example, you need to pray 5 times a day to god and before starting these rituals you have to clean yourself completely. It is basically a rule to keep people hygienic which was a great problem in Arabian desert where water supplies were limited to rich only. That is why mid-eastern civilizations had great water transport systems,sewers and wells. That is also a reason why black plauge didn't harm Ottoman Empire like it did to European kingdoms.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2014, 01:15:51 am »
Because brain activity can be easily monitored.
Human body is a complex biological machine. Cells grouped up to tissues, tissues organize to do certain things as a part, organs work like gears, if one fails, whole body fails.
Life is ending that is a hard fact, I've seen it. When you lose a loved one, see her cold,dead body you are certain that there is an end.
Once you realize you cannot have any more memories with someone, be sure he/she is dead. Maybe exists in somewhere else in some other form but the one you know, shared moments is gone that's why im certain that death is the only certain thing in this known world.
That is the past. We are discussing the future.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2014, 01:21:44 am »
Even if we were "immortal", machine, memory or flesh, in the future, entropy is inevitable. So yea, you could say death is pretty much certain.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:26:11 am by Umbra »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2014, 01:31:25 am »
Even if we were "immortal", machine, memory or flesh, in the future, entropy is inevitable. So yea, you could say death is pretty much certain.

(click to show/hide)
There is a big difference between "pretty much certain" and "certain."
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2014, 01:32:28 am »
Well.... spoilers.

My point being: nothing is certain.

It can only be highly unlikely/likely to the point of almost certain.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:35:51 am by Umbra »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2014, 01:49:23 am »
Well.... spoilers.

My point being: nothing is certain.

It can only be highly unlikely/likely to the point of almost certain.
So you were agreeing with me.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2014, 01:49:29 am »
So if religion wouldn't exist, everybody would kill, rape, and steal?

Does this make me a rapist thief murderer by your analogy?

I am talking about past and reason behind creation of belief systems. Never said if there is no religion everyone would go crazy now. I said everyone went crazy, that is why belief systems founded either by god or men doesn't matter.

Without morality and ethics sex is just a survival act to reproduce. Since all religions ban rape, I guess raping was quiet normal in that times because you won't ban a thing if no one is doing it right ?

World without religion now could be achievable but there are people believing in these, what you gonna do force them not to believe ?
Eventually, religion will become a myth because we do not need someone to tell us what's good and what's bad now.
We are civilized and we can think rational now. We changed understanding of ethics from religion to organizations that maintain human rights, animal rights etc. For example, if some fucked up cop beats me then pisses on me, I wouldn't ask god to punish him, I would go to European Court of Human Rights. We evolved our thoughts enough to see what's right and what's wrong (Well not everyone like that fucked up cop though)

That is the past. We are discussing the future.
What future ?