Author Topic: Muslims, really?  (Read 13299 times)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Re: Muslims, really?
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2014, 06:06:13 pm »
+2
this sentence was given under Islamic Sharia law.

Go back a couple of pages ago and I clearly showed that it's not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2014, 10:34:51 pm »
Of which the official state religion is Islam and this sentence was given under Islamic Sharia law.  It's kind of difficult to separate the religion from the state when they are one and the same.

So If they sentenced the pregnant woman to death in the name of Buddha would the thread be called "Buddhists, really?"

This argument is pointless since we re not getting to anywhere

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2908
  • Infamy: 1752
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2014, 10:57:09 pm »
+2
So If they sentenced the pregnant woman to death in the name of Buddha would the thread be called "Buddhists, really?"

Yes! Believe in fairies if you wish, I don't give a fuck. But don't kill people because they don't believe in them.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »
+1
Yes! Believe in fairies if you wish, I don't give a fuck. But don't kill people because they don't believe in them.

Yeah you re completely right but what it has to do with other billions of Muslim people

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2014, 10:31:39 am »
Yeah you re completely right but what it has to do with other billions of Muslim people
Because they are openly under the flag of Islam, which is one fucked up religion? The religion that causes a massive amount of suffering every day? The Quran is full of fucked up writings, and if you call yourself a muslim, you're standing behind those. And fact is, muslims commit more atrocities than any other religious people.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2014, 10:33:58 am »
+2
Because they are openly under the flag of Islam, which is one fucked up religion? The religion that causes a massive amount of suffering every day? The Quran is full of fucked up writings, and if you call yourself a muslim, you're standing behind those. And fact is, muslims commit more atrocities than any other religious people.

I wouldn't stop calling myself atheist because Stalin called himself atheist too. That's just stupid.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2014, 10:54:33 am »
Shouldn't we distinguish between Muslims and Islamists?

Muslims being the normal day people and Islamists those with extreme views which are not supported by the huge majority.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »
+2
This happens when "muslims" follow non-Quranic stories and make them to source of religious law.
Those  collected contradictory hadiths where written 200 years after departure of Prophet Muhammad.

How can a Muslim rely on them, While in Al-Quran Kareem it clearly says:

2:170  When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed:" They say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers Were void of wisdom and guidance?
6:114 "Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?"
45:6  These are the revelations of God, We recite them to you with the truth. So, in which narrative(Hadith) after GOD and His revelations do they believe?

@Oberyn
Fact is there is no muslim faction or school anywhere on the entire planet that does not follow or addopt some of the (various and often self-contradictory) Haddiths. ...
Actually there are Muslims who reject the hadith, and they are growing in numbers (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quranism).

All those factions/doctrine's/madhhab's are introduced long after Prophets death. Even if all people on earth would believe in one of them, this wouldn't make it to an authentic source of Islam.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 712
  • Infamy: 83
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2014, 05:21:02 pm »
I wouldn't stop calling myself atheist because Stalin called himself atheist too. That's just stupid.

Atheism is not religious movement, actually it's not movement at all. Just bunch of people who prefer common sense instead of written manuals telling people how should they spend their lives.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2164
  • Infamy: 611
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »
I get what you're trying to point out but doesn't make any sense in this case. I'll leave to you to figure out why, won't bother myself with it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2014, 05:34:18 pm »
As is your post. Once again, zero relevance. Atheism is not a religion.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2014, 05:49:59 pm »
When atheists apply the judgement that their way of life is superior and that everyone else is an idiot, that becomes a movement and total hypocrisy.

Why "way of life"? As far as I know atheism refers to only one subject; existence of god, not the whole "way of life". And ofc that as an atheist I think that my opinion on this subject is superior, otherwise I wouldn't be atheist but agnostic. That doesn't mean I consider everyone who's not an atheist as a fool.

Honestly wouldnt be surprising if in the not-so-distant future we didnt have retarded atheists going door-to-door handing out pamphlets

Yeah, it seems quite likely, but so what? Noone claims atheist can't be stupid assholes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »
+2
Yeah, it seems quite likely, but so what? Noone claims atheist can't be stupid assholes.
Yes, precisely... what some people don't seem to comprehend is that atheism just means you don't believe in fairy tales. That's it. That's all. It's not a group of people with similar beliefs and outlooks on life, or codes of conduct or whatever. So you get all kinds of people who are atheists, obviously.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2014, 07:17:20 pm »
Yes, precisely... what some people don't seem to comprehend is that atheism just means you don't believe in fairy tales. That's it. That's all. It's not a group of people with similar beliefs and outlooks on life, or codes of conduct or whatever. So you get all kinds of people who are atheists, obviously.

You got all kinds of people who consider themselves Muslims too. It's just a word.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »
You got all kinds of people who consider themselves Muslims too. It's just a word.
A Muslim, sometimes spelled Moslem,[1] is an adherent of Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion based on the Quran. Muslims consider the Quran to be the verbatim word of God as revealed to prophet Muhammad. They also follow the teachings and practices of Muhammad as recorded in traditional accounts called hadith.[2] "Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits to God". A female Muslim is sometimes called a "Muslimah"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.