Author Topic: Respec idea - go with the hype  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Respec idea - go with the hype
« on: May 13, 2014, 05:59:23 pm »
+26
Grant each account one free respec a month, on which character they spend it is up to them.

Or make an option for retirement to either acquire a free respec point or a heirloom point.

HYPEHYPEHYPE
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
Re: Respec idea - go with the hype
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:52:23 pm »
+2
How about 1 free respec for every 2 gens you have? So it's noted how you already sacrificed this option time ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:54:12 pm »
This only helps levels 33+

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:06:05 pm »
How about 1 free respec for every 2 gens you have? So it's noted how you already sacrificed this option time ago.
I would be cool with any kind of respec that doesnt cost millions of gold, so i'm all for this.

This only helps levels 33+
wy do you think that?
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Aksei

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 07:09:55 pm »
the classes are unbalanced as fuck. Free respecs would be death to the mod. One time only cav around, then archer counterstrike, next day all 2h my old friends and so on

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 07:11:27 pm »
+3
wy do you think that?

Because they are the ones that need to change builds, that stand to lose the most xp if they respec like normal people do, and also stand to lose the most if they retire like normal people do. Maybe free respecs sound good, but in the grand scheme of things they are not going to help the right people.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 08:24:39 pm »
Because they are the ones that need to change builds, that stand to lose the most xp if they respec like normal people do, and also stand to lose the most if they retire like normal people do. Maybe free respecs sound good, but in the grand scheme of things they are not going to help the right people.

hmm, I see your point but I think it sitll should be available to a wider audience then it is at this moment. only the elitist grinders can purchase a free respec.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »
hmm, I see your point but I think it sitll should be available to a wider audience then it is at this moment. only the elitist grindersscammers can purchase a free respec.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 12:04:20 am »
+2

I actually had another itteration on your idea, what about if you can trade a LP for a Respec point, no gold involved just a raw LP. Would also make for a gold sink of some sort!

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 05:01:03 am »
+1
What if the regular respec cost less experience if you were level 31 or lower? Like 1/4 instead of 1/2 of your experience? Would help out new players, and let people "fix" a build before locking in to a more permanent high level build (without having to lose a ton of time spent leveling or grind out the rest of the xp to level 31).

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 05:47:36 am »
+3
For fucks sake there are no newplayers !
Even if we have 2-3 newcomers fuck them  :twisted: I've done the peasant work for 4 years without complaint. Grew my weed,helped knights,saddled horses,let barons fuck newly wed brides but enough of this bullshit im not going back to that shithole. I just wanna be a fancy müslim knight in all loomed gear and i wanna change the way I slaughter those poor bastards whenever i want.

Fuck yes! Be honest this is what we want and this is what we should get !

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 07:39:19 am »
+1
If you consider the rate at which patches are released (less than once a month), this would mean that everyone can update their high level character to take advantage of everything recently buffed. With player builds constantly in flux, the balancing team would be forced to make small changes or normalize everything until all fighting styles are bland and equal.

I agree that respecs should be cheaper/cost less, but once a month free respec on every character is ridiculous.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 07:50:58 am »
With player builds constantly in flux, the balancing team would be forced to make small changes or normalize everything until all fighting styles are bland and equal.
Why  the fuck would they do that ?
This game is not a DPS race mmorpg. Every damn class has their own good and there are seriously no OP classes, just people who fail to counter which can't be fixed by editing stats or something. I am playing this game for 4 years and if I still get killed by a backpedall polearm hit, that is my stupidity not because POLEARM OP! same goes for 2h, LOLSTAB OH GOD THAT REACH !!! seriously ? It's been like that for ages learn to block down until you get close  :rolleyes: CAV 1HITS OH SHIT ! Don't get hit ! If you are blind enough to fail seeing a gigantic fucking horse coming at you, it's your problem.
ARCHERS AWWW KITING !! Seriously ? Ofc they'll kite you if you chase them like a fucking rabid dog.
Not gonna mention 1handers lol no one complains about how "op" 1hander is cuz everyone knows how to deal with them. Hint= Outreach.

TL;DR: If balance team is retarded enough to equalise all classes, turn them into DPS dealers in different ways and removing all their strategic purpose, mod iz ded anyway.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 11:05:59 am »
+1
Getting to lvl 30 before double exp was a chore,

We get double xp?!

And on the part of everyone playing the "previously buffed class", i'm pretty sure that that won't really happen, as long as the respec isn't "spammable" and can only be used once per certain timespan. From what i've seen the players in c-rpg that have played for so long hve constantly played with the same build(min-maxed) and the same weapon class. I doubt they are going to change because of a little patch that would buff an other class a bit.

And btw, i currently dont own any character over level 30 (nor have i ever surpassed 31) so this is in no way a suggestion for my own good. I would just like to see it become more available, the current price it has is fucking rediculous. Might I want to respec i'd have to play for three months or so in order to even get close to the 1,5million gold you need for it, at least. Its just fucking insane tbh

What if the regular respec cost less experience if you were level 31 or lower? Like 1/4 instead of 1/2 of your experience? Would help out new players, and let people "fix" a build before locking in to a more permanent high level build (without having to lose a ton of time spent leveling or grind out the rest of the xp to level 31).

This could also work, it makes it more accesible for lower level players, witch is nice! Atm the 50% penalty is too heavy imo. It could be a slow curve, that starts at level 25 with a 10% xp penalty, going up to 20% for a level 31 character. After witch it could be a steep curve, lvl 32 30%, lvl 33 40%, lvl 34 50%, lvl 35 60% and lvl 36 a 70% penalty. Those with level 33> often have enough money to purchase a respec anyways.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:14:10 pm by Joseph Porta »

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 06:47:30 pm »
well, damn.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™