Author Topic: lower speed for long axe  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
lower speed for long axe
« on: May 11, 2014, 04:36:03 am »
+2
its too fast with so many people doing 12-27 or 12-30 builds and having 200 wpf with this shit. that is all.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: lower speed for long axe
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:37:22 am »
+10
Every weapon & armor need STR Req. increase instead.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 10:15:54 pm »
Havent seen anyone use this, except myself ofcourse. I think we should also put a wpf cap on weapon usage, 160 or so, only balance builds shall exist.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »
+1
4D have derp animations, even with 89 the swings are barely visible and hit ~300ms before visual collision. The disconnect between visuals and effect gets worse the faster the weapon.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 11:29:06 pm »
+2
4D have derp animations, even with 89 the swings are barely visible and hit ~300ms before visual collision. The disconnect between visuals and effect gets worse the faster the weapon.
wonky animations + 40c damage + 200 wpf = easy spam win bullshit
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 12:00:32 am »
+3
I don't think a tweak in weapon stats would really fix that. Internally, it's balanced with the long war axe based on length/power/speed tradeoff, and partially with the iron staff and war/red tassel spear (with hafted blade being a little UP after looking at it). It is an extremely good weapon, though, it's just that there are other extremely good weapons nearby that just see less use.

I don't know if it's my connection, Warband itself, or Warband messing with my connection (seems to give me ping spikes worse than every other game) that there are times where you see only half an animation or an animation randomly speeds up while almost skipping the wind up. There are always odd things happening with animations since warband likes to do some weird magic between animation frames.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 12:11:57 am »
+1
with hafted blade being a little UP after looking at it

^
Only weapon I could reliably nudge and hit with before people could block as it is long enough to reach the enemy after the polearm shove and fast enough to hit before the enemy could get his block up (with the right footwork). Don't know if it was just catching them off guard or not, but this was the only polearm I managed to do it a lot with.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:49 am »
+2
I feel that the long axe and red tassel spear are pole's answer to the 2H longsword. Amazing speed at the cost of better reach on the most expensive pole/2h weapons.

I don't think they they are too good, just really good. You don't need 200 wpf to feel the advantage of 97 speed vs 93 speed. If you are fighting 1v1 rather than a group battle, the fast 4D polearms are your best choice. If any change is made at all, maybe bump the price up a little.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 10:10:39 pm »
Hafted blade is definitely not UP compared to them, its probably the best out of them TBH. Probably the best polearm in general now that i think about it, maybe competing with the glaive or something.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »
You have a point, after looking at it again. Good reach, speed, and decent damage. I assumed the iron staff dealt more damage, when they're around the same.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 11:57:02 pm »
+1
Yes,lets nerf maybie only good pole weapon,and keep 2h uber fast,big dealing dmg,and long weapons untouched. Maybie we should buff 2h just in case they are not Op enough.
Katana,Longsword,Miaodao,Great Axe thats just fine,lets nerf long axe.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:21:29 am »
Yes,lets nerf maybie only good pole weapon,and keep 2h uber fast,big dealing dmg,and long weapons untouched. Maybie we should buff 2h just in case they are not Op enough.
Katana,Longsword,Miaodao,Great Axe thats just fine,lets nerf long axe.
This.
Seriously stop nerfing weapons.

-People are going higher level.
-Higher levels = More stats
-AGI is far more superior over STR as you know.
-Speed bonus is terribly fucked up (1H on heavy armored horse,riding medium speed hits you (50+ body armor,50+ head armor both +3 with 21 str 5 IF ) boom 1 hit.

That is why AGI is OP,speed bonus! So as people level up they are just maxing agi while giving STR just to the requirement of stuff they wanna use.

So here it is, our problem is not 97 speed polearm, our problem is, speed bonus increasing damage like a maniac while power strike only adds %8.

Do not diagnose the problem wrong, if you diagnose it wrong you'll try wrong treatment which will eventually kill the patient which is cRPG in this case.

Normalizing speed bonus probably requires too much work with hard coding stuff. Same probably goes to buffing STR and or nerfing AGI.

So we have a very very easy solution right before our eyes !
Adding a new motive for people to use less AGI and more STR, increasing requirements !

This mod requires 15 STR for basically everything. You can use an axe,sword,mace,blunt,plate armor whatever the fuck you want with 15 str and since going above it does not reward you much, people put the rest into AGI.
We have level 36 people in this mod. You can make 18-27 build with this. Warband is probably designed not to level up that high without singleplayer skills. That's why speed bonus goes insane at 18+ AGI. Devs didn't think that people would put that much agi so they didn't even test it probably. This is a bleeding wound in this mod and being tried to cure by rendering weapons useless for years...

Please open your eyes and see the problem correctly.

AGI=
Mov speed
Attack speed
Less repairs
Absurd damage due to mov speed bonus

STR=
%10 more health with over 5 IF
???

Suggestion :
Add every item flat +6 STR requirement.
Flat, +6 no exceptions !
Wanna use great maul ? GET 26 STR first !
Wanna use long axe ? Get 18 STR first !
Wanna go for plate ? 22 STR !
Longsword ? 16 STR !
Morningstar ? 20 STR !
Great Bardiche ? 24 STR !
Long Hafted Blade ? 21 STR !

Any of these sound too hard to achieve for you ?
Why would i get 24 STR where my weapon only requires 12 ? GIVE PEOPLE A REASON !
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:28:02 am by HarunYahya »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 04:49:42 am »
This.
Seriously stop nerfing weapons.

-People are going higher level.
-Higher levels = More stats
-AGI is far more superior over STR as you know.
-Speed bonus is terribly fucked up (1H on heavy armored horse,riding medium speed hits you (50+ body armor,50+ head armor both +3 with 21 str 5 IF ) boom 1 hit.

That is why AGI is OP,speed bonus! So as people level up they are just maxing agi while giving STR just to the requirement of stuff they wanna use.

So here it is, our problem is not 97 speed polearm, our problem is, speed bonus increasing damage like a maniac while power strike only adds %8.

Do not diagnose the problem wrong, if you diagnose it wrong you'll try wrong treatment which will eventually kill the patient which is cRPG in this case.

Normalizing speed bonus probably requires too much work with hard coding stuff. Same probably goes to buffing STR and or nerfing AGI.

So we have a very very easy solution right before our eyes !
Adding a new motive for people to use less AGI and more STR, increasing requirements !

This mod requires 15 STR for basically everything. You can use an axe,sword,mace,blunt,plate armor whatever the fuck you want with 15 str and since going above it does not reward you much, people put the rest into AGI.
We have level 36 people in this mod. You can make 18-27 build with this. Warband is probably designed not to level up that high without singleplayer skills. That's why speed bonus goes insane at 18+ AGI. Devs didn't think that people would put that much agi so they didn't even test it probably. This is a bleeding wound in this mod and being tried to cure by rendering weapons useless for years...

Please open your eyes and see the problem correctly.

AGI=
Mov speed
Attack speed
Less repairs
Absurd damage due to mov speed bonus

STR=
%10 more health with over 5 IF
???

Suggestion :
Add every item flat +6 STR requirement.
Flat, +6 no exceptions !
Wanna use great maul ? GET 26 STR first !
Wanna use long axe ? Get 18 STR first !
Wanna go for plate ? 22 STR !
Longsword ? 16 STR !
Morningstar ? 20 STR !
Great Bardiche ? 24 STR !
Long Hafted Blade ? 21 STR !

Any of these sound too hard to achieve for you ?
Why would i get 24 STR where my weapon only requires 12 ? GIVE PEOPLE A REASON !

I think the values originated from single player Warband, so yea, they don't make a lot of sense for this game.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄