Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:56:01 pm »
Would love to hear from any of you who got deeply immersed in the stalker series.  Any similar games you have played? Any similar games you are looking forward to?
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:10:48 pm »
I dont think anyone will beat the Stalker series for me, one of my alltime favorite.

Check this out, http://www.dezowave.com/
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 01:59:54 pm »
any other game is getting closer to stalker. it is soooooo immersive , you must pay attention where to walk , you hear gunfight sounds from distance so you know that's not a good place to go or maybe it is.
you make decisions , you can help and fight whoever you want. it's not really a sandbox but if some sandbox features were implemented and maybe they added some sort of nice cinematics with a well written story behind , this must be the n°1 game of all time.
waiting for the new audio card (realtek sucks thai cocks) to play lost alpha.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 02:17:28 pm »
I just installed misery 2.1. I'm so scared.  I also heard that there is a stalker online.  It's made by the community, wonder what its like.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 02:31:33 pm »
I just installed misery 2.1. I'm so scared.  I also heard that there is a stalker online.  It's made by the community, wonder what its like.

you must be scared cause you'll be dead before you know it eheheh.

here's the online game you mentioned http://survarium.com/en but as far as i know it's not like stalker , it seems a tdm ctf gamemode for now , they want to implement freemode but i think it misses immersion with online.
let see what they are going to do :)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 02:59:59 pm »
Heard many devs of STALKER are mking a new game, similar engine, similar gameplay, different name since STALKER itself was abandoned
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:32:53 am »
you must be scared cause you'll be dead before you know it eheheh.

here's the online game you mentioned http://survarium.com/en but as far as i know it's not like stalker , it seems a tdm ctf gamemode for now , they want to implement freemode but i think it misses immersion with online.
let see what they are going to do :)

Yeah in the time I have played so far. I've died at least 600 times.  I've never been more immersed in a game though.  Ever!!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 05:41:05 pm »
So, been playing Lost Alpha on my new PC lately, and having a lot of fun! Posted a bunch of screenshots here

Review: Awesome, totally mindblowingly awesome new and redone maps and environments. Original STALKER games had cool maps, but Dezowave has fucking outdone itself. Just play it and see.
Pretty cool new features, modding and repairing weapons, lots of new stuff, including scary new mutants, a new faction or two, a few new weapons, somewhat extended story (that i can't comment on much, not that far in the game yet) and so on.
Still fun as ever to shoot stuff, yet to find a FPS game, where the guns feel as great as in this one.

But.
Entirely insufficient open world features. The maps might be awesome and much larger and more varied, with tons of tunnels and other cool stuff... but they're lifeless and empty. Only a few preset points for spawning mutants/enemies, with mutants seemingly bound to a short leash at their center, unable to even pursue enemies outside of their zones. Little in the way of dynamism. A-life is bound in heavy chains. Very little to do, apart from chasing the main story and doing a few tiny side-quests here and there. Maybe this will be developed further on, but i dunno really. Huge potential for mods to deal with this, though. A-life is there still, just needs to be unleashed.

Still, an awesome game, a must-play, since it is free and actually entirely stand-alone.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58:48 pm »
Would love to hear from any of you who got deeply immersed in the stalker series.  Any similar games you have played? Any similar games you are looking forward to?

Fallout 3/New Vegas, Metro 2033/Last Lights, DayZ i guess.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »
Stalker was great, sadly I was too much of a girl to continue past the scarier parts but I really enjoyed what I played. I gotta say the closest I've got to the tension of Stalker was playing Metro 2033 Redux on Ranger Hardcore difficulty, that was brutal and really good fun.

I was sad Stalker 2 got cancelled.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 11:33:02 pm »
+1
Jesus, Misery. Ugh. It was pointlessly hard. Utterly completely pointless. There were some missions that were impossible to do, since the difficulty curve was drawn so insanely high. I gave up on that one, cause it was pretty clear they just made it hard. They didnt do a proper job or plan stuff out.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 07:54:16 am »
NECRO

saw this video and now I wanna play stalker again

I´m indifferent though if I should either play Misery Mod or Lost Alpha (where the final, polished version was released in April 2017)

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 07:53:09 pm »
+1
Call of Chernobyl mod is the ultimate experience.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:14 pm »
btw I lately played Lost Alpha

It's shit. It's so much shit. What have they been doing during all those years of "development"?

Their main mistake is that they put too much content into it and didn't bother polishing at all. Thus the game is really ugly, has stupid monster AI which runs in circles most of the fights (which is compensated with a shitton of monster hp, takes wayyyy to many hits to put them down) and some quests are either bugged as hell, dumb as fuck (making you run between quest point and quest dude 3-4 times, turning it into a goddamn walking simulator) or so fucking unfair you couldn't do it without looking at some walkthrough

(click to show/hide)

I actually tried to pull through but I couln't even do it because the main quest lateron got bugged

do not play Lost Alpha
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:27:32 pm by Ikarus »

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 01:38:38 pm »
Yeah, didn't much like LA myself. Too linear, too bugged, pretty much no sandbox elements and all that walking, jesus.

Lately played The Faction Wars mod for Clear Sky. Was quite fun, if a bit short. A recommend.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-clear-sky-the-faction-war