Author Topic: Two weapon suggestions (raw ideas, no models etc.)  (Read 387 times)

Offline Erajorma

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Mind if I put an arrow to your knee?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Haiku(main), Sunburn
Two weapon suggestions (raw ideas, no models etc.)
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:05 am »
+2
READ:

I AM NOT ENOUGH SKILLED TO MODEL, SCRIPT, OR DO ANYTHING RELATED TO MAKE THESE ITEMS WORK. THESE ARE ONLY AND ONLY SOME THOUGHTS I HAVE. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME (irl) BECAUSE OF THIS.
(Sorry for the caps, but it's usually easier to get people's attention like that.)

So, the things that i'm going to suggest are for archery, and yes, i'm going to raise a shitstorm but the other one is for crossbows.

First suggestion:

Broadhead arrows. For those who don't know what these are, they're special arrows with 2, 3 or 4 small blades on the edges of the arrow. In medieval times these were really expensive but they also did a ton of damage, when hitting an enemy: They would cut in the target like a normal arrow, but the blades would make the arrows a total destroyer: They caused massive bleeding, and made the arrows really tough to remove if the target survived. Here is an example picture of an broadhead tip with 2 blades:

(click to show/hide)

And then the stats that i was thinking, if these would some day see the light in-game:

Weight: 10 (larger due to bigger tips)
Damage: 15 cut
Max ammo: 12
Slots: 1
Price: 7240 (or something like that)

And the other suggestion:

Pistol crossbow. This is something i'm really not sure if it was used yet in medieval times, but i think it would be nice one to add. Again, for those who don't know: This is a one-handed crossbow, so a really small one. It uses special bolts that are small enough to fit to such a small weapon. Pistol crossbow CAN be used with a shield.

Stats that i have been thinking:

Missile speed: 43
Weight: 1.2
Accuracy: 79
Difficulty: 6
Speed rating: 180
Max ammo: 1
Damage: 30 pierce
Slots: 1

Can be used with shields excluding board shields
Can be used on horseback

Special bolts would have 3 pierce damage and would cost 1500.

And as the final note that i have to say: I would love comments, were they then positive or negative, but please, don't be rude. I also would like to hear your opinions if these items would be nice in-game, if the stats that I was thinking would need some fixing, or anything like that. Just tell me your opinions. Thank you.
''Haiku you are a piece of lowlife trash using rus''
- GTX/2014

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Two weapon suggestions (raw ideas, no models etc.)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:30 am »
+4
Satan will have to create a new corner in Hell for people like you :lol:

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:52:11 am »
Tatar Arrows are the broadhead arrows of cRPG. A new arrow type with 15 cut damage would probably be too strong if everything else stays the same: It's like 1 PD more for all archers, which is equivalent to 2-3 levels in terms of combat effectiveness. Such a huge buff would require a nerf in other areas, and I don't think the majority of players wants to see this nerf after the GTX wave due to the last archer tweak.

A crossbow to be used with a shield is kinda gay. I played crossbow for over 10 gens myself and I am sure I don't wanna see this. How would you even reload and hold it with just one hand? If this is planned to be reloadable with 2hands and just the trigger should be pulled with one hand - well, then it might be ok, but it would require new animations and scripts. The devs are probably not that much into this idea that they would make these new animations. A tweak of the polearm stab for example might be of similar workload but higher priority.

Edit: Since you are new to the forum, you probably don't know: GTX is the new forum censor for rag.equit.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 04:27:51 am »
Tatar Arrows are the broadhead arrows of cRPG. A new arrow type with 15 cut damage would probably be too strong if everything else stays the same: It's like 1 PD more for all archers, which is equivalent to 2-3 levels in terms of combat effectiveness. Such a huge buff would require a nerf in other areas, and I don't think the majority of players wants to see this nerf after the GTX wave due to the last archer tweak.

A crossbow to be used with a shield is kinda gay. I played crossbow for over 10 gens myself and I am sure I don't wanna see this. How would you even reload and hold it with just one hand? If this is planned to be reloadable with 2hands and just the trigger should be pulled with one hand - well, then it might be ok, but it would require new animations and scripts. The devs are probably not that much into this idea that they would make these new animations. A tweak of the polearm stab for example might be of similar workload but higher priority.

Edit: Since you are new to the forum, you probably don't know: GTX is the new forum censor for rag.equit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not Tatar arrows, these babies are what OP been looking for. Yes they are too damn hard to remove once penetrated your flesh but the thing is, it's so thick,making it harder to penetrate mail armor compared to Tatar arrows; therefore has lower damage than tatar arrows.

I've never read anything about medieval pistol crossbow, nor seen in a museum.
Afaik it might be used in Rennesaince era Italy by spies and assassins. (Not gonna lie, basing this opinion off Assassins Creed lol)
It wouldn't be a battlefield weapon though, only to kill close range unarmored targets maybe.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 04:54:13 am »
making it harder to penetrate mail armor compared to Tatar arrows; therefore has lower damage than tatar arrows.
Wut? :D
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:16:48 am »
Straigth to the sodomy's chamber indeed...
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 06:52:58 am »
Wut? :D

it's so thick,making it harder to penetrate mail armor compared to Tatar arrows; therefore has lower damage than tatar arrows.

Tatar arrow = Thinner, smaller,lighter
Barbed arrow = Thicker,bigger,heavier

Barbed arrow needs greater force to penetrate as much as tatar arrow does. cRPG's arrow damage system is too unrealistic bullshit im gonna have to get into that in order to explain further but man i really have to sleep :)
But i'll leave a summary cuz i wouldn't explain what i meant otherwise. In reality, if an arrow pierces your armor and hit your vital you are most likely dead no matter what type that arrow or bow is. We had this in warband called "ranged glance" where non-pierce arrows were glancing at armor and not dealing damage.
Since that "ranged glance" is removed in cRPG, arrows classified as :
Mosquito bite
Bee sting
Cat paw
Lion paw
No matter what you wear, all deal damage but the amount is affected (Which is totally bullshit though.)

Long story short = Tatar vs Barbed against mail armor is like comparison of Bodkin vs Tatar against plate armor

Fuck it im too sleepy, I even forgot the conclusion I was going to come after all this lol
Panuru, I told you it's late and i can't think straight in another forum thread y u keep asking questions dammit ???  :twisted:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:01:52 am by HarunYahya »