Author Topic: Strat overview vs actual terrain  (Read 338 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Strat overview vs actual terrain
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:49:43 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Got me. 

If you look at the picture of the bridge and say it's 100 meters in length, I appear to be over 50 meters from the end of the bridge...yet still on bridge.

Dafuq chadz!?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
Re: Strat overview vs actual terrain
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 12:04:14 am »
+1
Cuz' Obama

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:03:46 am »
Use the zoom option on the info tab to get a more precise view of the surrounding area. It will give you your precise location as well as where the borders to certain geographical features are. Using the map I will often see dots moving, but their lines will be quite far away form them... can't tell if the dot is in the wrong location or if their movement line is... basically, I just take what I see on the map at face value, ten use the zoom feature to actually know where I am. Also helps when you've got a large dot-sized army and want to know if just clipping the forest will actually slow you or not.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »
Use the zoom option on the info tab to get a more precise view of the surrounding area. It will give you your precise location as well as where the borders to certain geographical features are. Using the map I will often see dots moving, but their lines will be quite far away form them... can't tell if the dot is in the wrong location or if their movement line is... basically, I just take what I see on the map at face value, ten use the zoom feature to actually know where I am. Also helps when you've got a large dot-sized army and want to know if just clipping the forest will actually slow you or not.

Yes I know about the zoom feature :P  Doesn't help when you're not in the zoomed in area though.  And that is what my point is, the zoomed in feature, doesn't always match up with the overview.  Hence the reason for this thread :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy