Author Topic: Armor suggestions (Archery Build) + Accuracy question  (Read 479 times)

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
Armor suggestions (Archery Build) + Accuracy question
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:13:18 am »
So I've been using this Archer/1h build:

(click to show/hide)

And it's been working pretty well so far. However, I'm not sure which armor is best for a build like this (considering movement, PS, accuracy, draw, and other bow gimmicks) and I'm a bit divided on what weapon to use. I've read/posted on another 1h arhcery board but I'm still not entirely sure on what to use (considering Grosse Messer, Scimitar, Elite Spamitar, Spathovaklion, Broad Short Sword, and Long Arming Sword so far).

Additionally, I have about 160 wpf in Archery and about 100 wpf in 1h. How should I divide my point so I can aim well and shoot fast with my bow while being able to use my 1hander effectively in battle?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Armor suggestions (Archery Build) + Accuracy question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 03:20:41 am »
For builds like that as archer/1h hybrid, I've always used rather light armor. That includes anything up to Heraldic Mail. In the end you just got to wear one piece now and test another the next day.
The more archer wpf the higher armor you surely can use so your aim doesn't get bad.
Of course plate is not a way to go, considering your 5 ATH which you really want to use to run from infantry in some cases. If it's about winning, you don't always directly go into melee if infantry is coming to you.

100 wpf in 1h should be enough, any future extra wpf should rather be put into archery imo. Unless you get more PS. You should probably go for 18 STR anyway if you ever go 3 lvls higher than now (lvl 33). ;)
Maybe at one point you'd like to use a Rus or Long Bow as well. 18/24 is a nice build for that.
I used Short Nordic War Sword and Langes Messer with that build, but that was mostly because it did fit my style and I had a loomed Langes Messer. Any of those swords you listed above are nice to fight with.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 04:05:20 am »
For builds like that as archer/1h hybrid, I've always used rather light armor. That includes anything up to Heraldic Mail. In the end you just got to wear one piece now and test another the next day.
The more archer wpf the higher armor you surely can use so your aim doesn't get bad.
Of course plate is not a way to go, considering your 5 ATH which you really want to use to run from infantry in some cases. If it's about winning, you don't always directly go into melee if infantry is coming to you.

I was thinking of getting Saracen armor, such as the lamellar cuirass or the mail w/ padded shirt/collared mail, along with mail gloves, rus/turkish/mongorrian boots and a decent helmet (saracen helm w/ turban or a ghulam helm). Sound good?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:31:38 am »
Light mail or heavy cloth are the best fit for your build. Lets you live through more than 1 hit but also light enough that it doesn't really hamper your wpf or athletics too much.

For 1H weapon, it's really up to you. There are plenty of viable choices, find the one that you enjoy using most or pick one that fits the visual theme of your gear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 12:33:04 am »
have a look also on short arming sword ;)
Archer forever :D