Author Topic: Lone-wolfing DTV  (Read 949 times)

Offline Baskakov_Dima

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lone-wolfing DTV
« on: April 25, 2014, 11:12:36 pm »
What build/charachter is good for rushing DTV solo? For example, HRE server is normally empty, but I find it very hard to do something there, as bots just sworm me to death. What is the key?

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
Re: Lone-wolfing DTV
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 11:30:58 pm »
The best bet is to go 1h agility shielder 18/24. The strategy is to get the bots in a single file line and s key. Now the important part, always use overhead swing!!! It is the fastest and most damaging attack. With your shield you don't have to manual block and your agility should let you back pedal fast enough.

Other option is to go 2h build and wear heavy armor. Same tactics minus the shield.

Offline Jony

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:15:19 am »
24-15 sounds pretty nice for any mele class. If you have enought good block skills heavy armor is not preority. I would choose  shinny armor  with STR build or even i got good PC i will use light gear with heavy gloves and head armor  and maybe tribar warrior outfit for example.  But when you rush bots, the problem is their range... :)  so  movement is more important here...  when u do line of bots chasing you and figthing, you must do your position from of them, and behind them to be their range part of the bots... So they wont hit you and you wont die fast!   :D   They will even TH themselfs :)    But STR build for DTV character i recomend.
"if DTV is the only thing you're here for, there are better games out there."

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 09:18:54 am »
+2
18-24 polearm with great long axe is probably the most effective ive ever tried on dtv

Offline Baskakov_Dima

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:49:42 pm »
18-24 polearm with great long axe is probably the most effective ive ever tried on dtv

Why not Great Long Bardiche? Or both of them?

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 12:01:19 am »
I didnt put it to the test but it should be good aswell :)

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:01:15 am »
It's also gonna really depend on the map too. Some are very open while others have narrow passages. Some have a gate where bots pile up, essentially saving you from fighting a large amount of bots at once (Sea Raid and Lichens Island come to mind, and Grey Havens too if the servers are ever reset). Some maps have bots come from multiple directions.
Then there are the varying rounds. Some you'll have archers or crossbowmen, or cavalry. Others have a lot of axes which will rape your shield in no time.
There are several factors to consider, and IMHO, there is no perfect build for lone-wolfing DTV. I honestly made more progress being a dedicated archer than either 1h w/shield or 2h hero. Got past ninjas easily. Even made a couple rounds past that, and that was on a not very good map for trying it alone.
With the way it currently is, beating DTV as a lone wolf is a pipe dream at best. That doesn't mean you can't make a good dent in it though. Just don't expect a rewarding XP/gold from doing this. You won't get it. You'll probably just break even overall.

Just in case you're interested, the build I had as an archer was 18/21 - 6PS, 6PD, 7WM, 170wpf. Fast, accurate bow works best for headshots (only way really). I used Tatar bow with barbed arrows, but I think Horn bow with Tatar (or barbed) arrows would work best. Bodkins for rounds that have a lot of plated head armor. 1h, 0 slot side weapon, with decent pierce and cut damage (pierce probably more important in the long run).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »
Being able to s-key without getting swarmed is important (most maps are pretty hard to find a choke point to 1 vs many the enemy, so agility is nice.  Having decent length to swing is good, but speed is probably more important.  Something like a long sword is good, or even a long axe (pretty fast and enough length to start hitting enemies before they get too close).  The key is to avoid getting your swings blocked, I prefer to feint before I attack every other time I swing.  Chamber in any direction (only briefly) and then quickly switch to a block, and then attack.  That slight feint is enough to get the AI to block and then quickly release their block.  This is pretty standard that most people should already know...but figured I'd share in case anyone doesn't already do that.  It's exactly the same as single player bots.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy