Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous  (Read 28317 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Elite: Dangerous
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:57 pm »
So I just read about this "solo mode", is that a feature to stay in the game forever? can you switch between solo mode and multiplayer mode? if so I think that's pretty much tipped the scales in favour of not buying this. Why? because it pretty much kills the whole pirating aspect along with other stuff, anyone trading a lot of shit or something similar will surely just fly in solo mode and never risk their cargo? that kills a lot of player interaction and PVP IMO. if anyone can clear these things up for me it would be nice as right now if the solo mode feature works how I think it does from what I've read, I'm not sure if I'll buy the game.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »
Well, you can pirate npc. It is mostly a PvE game,sure you have your fun to attack other player but you spoil their game.
Furthermore traders do not need to switch in Solo mode, they can simply block your charakter and you will never appear in their game session anymore.

Anyway it is not that easy to meet random players in Open mode. The galaxy is huge.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2014, 04:20:56 pm »
Oh wow, I thought I would buy this game at some point with more features added but now I'm not sure. Basically a bunch of players grind cash in solo mode without fear of any players being able to kill them and loot their shit, then they buy awesome ships and take it to multiplayer mode where they would probably themselves attack vulnerable targets and "spoil their fun", sounds like a pretty shitty mechanic that no doubt makes the vast galaxy seem even emptier. I guess I should view this game as a singleplayer game with multiplayer drop ins lol, it still has some attractive features and future features to be added but it's completely changed what I thought this game was.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 773
  • Infamy: 1863
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »
This is the kind of game which needs 10 million active players to become 'alive'. Sadly, it's nowhere near that number.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2014, 06:56:53 pm »
And quite likely won't ever be. Then again space is empty, so immershun huh?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2014, 11:53:44 am »
+1
2 pirate eagles did this to me :(
...but those bastards live no more!  :twisted:

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2014, 03:29:40 pm »
Indeed, this game isn't EvE. The lot of your encounters are going to be NPC.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »
I've been reading the official forums a bit more and it's hilarious, there are so many carebear bundle of stickss on there calling any kind of PVP "griefing" and crying about being killed by someone for "no reason" or "just because he wanted to", if it wasn't bad enough they have a solo mode and private groups to play in to avoid PVP, they are complaining about PVP in open mode too. This has made me consider buying the game just to make guys like this cry and trash their bedroom ( parents basement decorated in My Little Pony stuff ).

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »
I've been reading the official forums a bit more and it's hilarious, there are so many carebear bundle of stickss on there calling any kind of PVP "griefing" and crying about being killed by someone for "no reason" or "just because he wanted to", if it wasn't bad enough they have a solo mode and private groups to play in to avoid PVP, they are complaining about PVP in open mode too. This has made me consider buying the game just to make guys like this cry and trash their bedroom ( parents basement decorated in My Little Pony stuff ).

Did someone ever tell you you are very sad?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2014, 02:19:02 pm »

What, you don't play to torture other people online?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »
What, you don't play to torture other people online?

I know right? Those guys have to be really messed up to act like that's a fine way to enjoy a videogame.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2014, 03:28:10 pm »

I was jesting about buying the game for the sole purpose of making people cry, I wouldn't spend £40 to do just that when I can do it for free, but it would be entertaining nonetheless. Griefing is one thing and can be pretty lame, but if someone is crying because another player killed them in a game designed where players killing each other is a pretty big feature they should stick to solo mode or play another singleplayer game, instead of whining about it on the games forum and trying to get more PVP-restrictive features put into the game. So yeah, maybe I am sad for getting enjoyment out of killing cry baby whiners in a game, but I can live with that.

Maybe my post offended you because I mentioned My Little Pony, sorry bro.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1922
  • Infamy: 521
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2014, 03:48:40 pm »
I would advise against reading Elite and Frontier forums but since you've already did it, best of luck :)

Seriously, the place is a cesspit even worse than this asylum we have in here.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2014, 11:29:43 am »
I was jesting about buying the game for the sole purpose of making people cry, I wouldn't spend £40 to do just that when I can do it for free, but it would be entertaining nonetheless. Griefing is one thing and can be pretty lame, but if someone is crying because another player killed them in a game designed where players killing each other is a pretty big feature they should stick to solo mode or play another singleplayer game, instead of whining about it on the games forum and trying to get more PVP-restrictive features put into the game. So yeah, maybe I am sad for getting enjoyment out of killing cry baby whiners in a game, but I can live with that.

Maybe my post offended you because I mentioned My Little Pony, sorry bro.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know these guys are stupid, I just don't see the enjoyment of making them suffer for no reason.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »
There is a reason, it's that I am a bitter cunt. Games have been ruined because of massed cry baby carebears. So many MMO(RPG)'s that are made turn out to be a massive bore and PvE grind because of these types of player. Ultima Online is my favourite Mmorpg ever, well it WAS until many many years ago it was destroyed to cater to the pussies of the gaming world, people that should be playing shit like Maple Story and Lord of the Rings Online.

Tldr I am a bitter cunt that enjoys making cry babies cry because they are the reason so many MMOs end up being a bore fest.