Author Topic: Constantly poor, endless grind...  (Read 3310 times)

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Constantly poor, endless grind...
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:08:00 am »
+4
Am I the only one who feels this way? All I've been doing is trying to keep up repair costs while trying to retire as well.  I see everyone trading hundreds of thousands of gold plus dozens of LP's on the marketplace and I feel like I will NEVER get to that point. I know they've been playing since the beginning, but this mod isn't very noob friendly for such a tight-knit community/playerbase...

I honestly don't think I'll ever see a MW weapon to call my own. Any advice?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Constantly poor, endless grind...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:41 am »
+3
Join Byzantium, we have like 123 mw items in our armory  :lol:

Actually that's 213 mw items an only 103 is available atm  :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:23:55 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:49:55 am »

Are you guys NA?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:00:25 pm »
no
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »
+3
Here is one of my previous replies to an old similar post. My setup changed a little bit but the point stands. You should sell the very first loompoint you get, so that you have enough gold to try out any gear without worrying about upkeep, and then you should accumulate enough to get yourself a +3 item. Remember that 2 loompoints and some gold (100 to 150k) can get you a masterwork on the market. Also, you may take Tzar's offer and join them to benefit from their armory. Our armory is much much smaller and humbler but know that our doors are open to you as well. There is masterwork stuff in the armory you can freely use.

Also note that the upkeep sum of individual items is a major factor to take into account. If you have, for example, 4 pieces of armor (head, body, hand, feet) and a weapon with each of them coming with 500ish upkeep, you are likely to suffer at least a steady 500 gold everytime. And frequently, that will be 1000 and 1500. My advice is to keep the distribution low. Preferably, have only 1 item with high upkeep and use other items with 200-300ish upkeep. Also, I wouldn't even pay much attention to hand and feet armor.

I know you would like to use fancy gear and look fabulous in it. But financing good gear is a tricky bet that might drag you down. You will have to run after multi and valor all the time and it is not always possible to get it. I advise you to just accumulate some gold before you try to deal with high upkeep.

Another good advice is to play in lower gear and shift to better gear when you are on x5 or x4.

Also, here is my humble setup, with which I am doing quite fine and earning steadily even if I might spend the whole day with x1 from time to time.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:23:02 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:50:04 pm »
+3
Here is one of my previous replies to an old similar post. My setup changed a little bit but the point stands. I take it that you sell your loompoints. You should sell the very first loompoint you get, so that you have enough gold to try out any gear without worrying about upkeep, and then you should accumulate enough to get yourself a +3 item. Remember that 2 loompoints and some gold (100 to 150k) can get you a masterwork on the market. Also, you may take Tzar's offer and join them to benefit from their armory. Our armory is much much smaller and humbler but know that our doors are open to you as well. There is masterwork stuff in the armory you can freely use.

Wow thanks for the info man, I will probably sell my first LP then. Sounds like the better path to go. Thanks man! :D

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 01:16:38 pm »

Nordmen bigger!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »
+5
When you feel the game is a "Constantly poor, endless grind..." its time to play something else.

(click to show/hide)

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 03:39:43 pm »
+3
Hey N8te,

Look into joining Ravens, we're a Nordic themed NA clan that has a massive armory that is always looking for new members. Check out our faction page for our TS info and hop on to get to know more about us!

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »
+2
Wow thanks for the info man, I will probably sell my first LP then. Sounds like the better path to go. Thanks man! :D

You are welcome dude. You should take a look at this very thread too: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/gold-gain-vs-repairs/msg953470/#msg953470
It is the thread from which I quoted myself in my previous post. Lots of useful information there too.

Also, make sure you don't miss dear Heskey's helping hand here. He is offering you a loompoint. Just add a trade on the marketplace and ask for 1 loompoint in return for throwing stones.
(I know I am basically just repeating Heskey here. Just want to make sure N8te didn't miss it.)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »
+1
How is upkeep a problem unless you're playing expensive classes like cavalry?
I mean, you could just use a cheaper equipment, no?
Would save you some money so that you could buy a +3 weapon for just 2 loompoints plus some gold.

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 02:50:12 am »
+2
Go on then, have a loom.

Put a deal on marketplace offering stones for a loom, post the link to that trade here and i'll buy it later.

Wow thank you man, I remember you helping me out a few months back too. You're awesome.

Hey N8te,

Look into joining Ravens, we're a Nordic themed NA clan that has a massive armory that is always looking for new members. Check out our faction page for our TS info and hop on to get to know more about us!

And thanks for the guild invites as well!

Tzar, Unfortunately I'm an NA player so I don't think I'd be able to join your guild, I have too shit of ping on EU. But thank you for the offer man. :D

Harry, I'll check you guys out. Sounds fun, and I always see you guys on NA so you guys seem pretty active.

Offline MeatBunny

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MeatBunny, Penis_Toucher, Thong_Bow, Conan_The_Librarian,
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 03:52:26 pm »
+4
Keep your upkeep low dude. I wear a gambeson with some cheap boots and gloves and a mail coif. My K/D on my account is 1.8 (that's not too shabby for being cheap). Don't armor crutch, too expensive.
"In case of doubt, attack."
-George S. Patton

Offline joshuapago

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 07:20:02 pm »
+1
You could try going with non-expensive stuff and armour, that is what I do and it helps a ton since when you reach lvl 25 you have to repair stuff...

Offline Baskakov_Dima

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 07:32:49 pm »
+2
Just go and pay DTV (Defend the Viscount) - you get tones of XP and money there, and you can even be useful with level like 10 there.