Author Topic: I Need Help!  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
Re: I Need Help!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 06:51:02 am »
who needs to block when u can chamber
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:54 am »
- I recommend using the trainers in single player or native (nditions was it?) duel server to get used to manual blocking. Those are so much better to start with than trying to learn from scratch in any crpg server.

- Learn the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon and how to exploit them (or if you should run away). How spammy they are, how many attack directions etc...

- Learn to backstab/gank, that's how most kills happen. Being good 1 vs 1 is only required for duel server, so don't worry about it.  :)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 01:33:07 pm »
+1
s key Glaive and kick

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 07:09:38 pm »
+1
If you are still learning or mastering the basics of M&B combat, battle/siege are not the most efficient way to improve. Spectating a good player is a great way to pick up on little things that make the difference between an okay player and a good player. Spawning and fighting won't teach you much mechanics-wise. Your death will be quick and brutal, but you can improve your battlefield awareness. Note where your teammates go. Check behind your back frequently. This will cut down on a lot of the "bullshit" deaths where you get backstabbed or forced into 1v10 combat.

If you want to get better at melee combat, the duel server is the place to be. It's easy to find someone who will help you practice blocking/footwork/kicks/nudges etc. For ranged, the only thing I can suggest is singleplayer for aiming practice. It took me a long time to learn how to properly aim in M&B, and if I don't play ranged for a while I do really poorly when I jump on my ranged alt.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
Giantdad asking for help, what are you, casual?

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 07:19:23 pm »
+1
I would do what some have suggested and play some M&B single player and duel some bots. I think most people have aqcuired some of their skills from the single player and honed them in crpg. If you go to NA3 (Duel server) ask for some help or training tips from one of the good people on there. (Avoid Kaoklai)

Don't give up on melee and go archer, you can go play skyrim if you just want to shoot at people....

Offline N8te

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 08:11:01 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  :)

I'm thinking of going as an archer. Though my sharpshooting skills are unspectacular, it is certainly an improvement over my melee skills. Something that bothers me though is how finnicky and slow reloading is in cRPG compared to Native.
Support seems good to. Been playing as a shielder for a bit, but my survivability/competence is still low.

Here is my advice to you. I got good at this game by dueling one of my friends over and over again. This includes trying too 100% chamber the opponent. I found practicing chambering to train my awareness and to not lolspam and pray that I get a kill. I always find myself against these players who think they are so intimidating by feinting a million times in front of you. Just sit back and block.

As a crossbowman/archer myself, when in doubt, drop your bow and run. You almost always outrun your opponents. Also, a good trick that I get a lot of kills off of is while running from an enemy, you start a stab animation and turn it into your enemy. This works quite a bit, but it's not always successful. Last thing is learn to block like a god. Always play on the defense. Only attack when you see a legit opening. If the opponent sees you playing defensively he will most likely just try to spam you down with feints until you mess up a block. If you are using a 1her, just left swing and you can get some deadly hits in on your enemy before his blow lands on you. Hope my advice helps.

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »
+2
I think we all feel this way screaming. Even after years. :-P
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 10:41:19 pm »
In my opinion, the best way to learn the basics (other than by spending hours upon hours of your time in DTV or something) is to duel with someone who is willing to teach you and run through some drills. Feel free to message me on steam whenever you see me around and we can hop on the duel server and run through my established training regime.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »
+1
In my opinion, the best way to learn the basics (other than by spending hours upon hours of your time in DTV or something) is to duel with someone who is willing to teach you and run through some drills. Feel free to message me on steam whenever you see me around and we can hop on the duel server and run through my established training regime.

Just make sure you bring condoms. Be safe!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 01:24:37 am »
Just make sure you bring condoms. Be safe!

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhh....  :lol:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 02:38:09 am »
+1

Sssssssshhhhhhhhhh....  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
waiiiiiit you live in South America? If you do learning to block and swing will be very rough with 150+ ping

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 05:02:01 pm »
waiiiiiit you live in South America? If you do learning to block and swing will be very rough with 150+ ping

but not actually tho

i live in merica

MAS PORRA EU SOU BRASILEIRO