Author Topic: I Need Help!  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
I Need Help!
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:31:34 pm »
+2
So.

I've never been good at cRPG since I began and up to this point. I get seriously frustrated while playing because I feel powerless and useless despite all my attempts at improving. Nothing seems to work, and I have seriously considered leaving this game many times.

However, the great community keeps pulling me back, along with some gems here and there along with the sheer diversity and customization of this game. I want so badly to get good, but I don't know what to do.

So.

I need to swallow my pride for a moment...

And say what I should have said a long time ago...

Here goes...

ScreamingIdiot: "[Q]Help!"

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: I Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:54 pm »
respec to 2h and get good
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 10:33:26 pm »
+1
Backpedal and stab (as pole, 2h, or 1h; doesn't matter).

It won't suddenly make you awesome, but at the bare minimum it will make you annoying to fight.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:25:53 am »
I wish for serious advice on how to improve, not just cheap tactics to become minutely more viable.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:29 am »
+2
Don't feel obliged to lock on to the first person you see an duel them to the death. You're new to the game, and they probably aren't. They will almost certainly kill you, and you'll be stuck in deadchat for a few minutes.

Even if you aren't a great duelist, you can still be an effective team member; find yourself a nice big infantry-blob, and help them secure kills.

Here's an old post I made about fighting with your allies: http://forum.melee.org/beginner%27s-help-and-guides/let%27s-talk-about-the-basics-of-teamwork/

Always glad to have new players in the community, we all hope you stick around!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 03:21:18 am »
I highly suggest you join a very active clan to stack in NA 1. Secondly become a support class like a pike/longspear and help protect teammates. Even the worst 2h longsworders tend to do better as support

Sometimes when i stress out i like to play as a peasant because it's fun no matter what. That's just me. I hope this helped!

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 03:32:24 am »
Thanks for the advice.  :)

I'm thinking of going as an archer. Though my sharpshooting skills are unspectacular, it is certainly an improvement over my melee skills. Something that bothers me though is how finnicky and slow reloading is in cRPG compared to Native.
Support seems good to. Been playing as a shielder for a bit, but my survivability/competence is still low.

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 03:42:46 am »
yeah it's us tryhards that cause others to not enjoy the game. Worst of all Valour is harder to get causing us take it up a level at times.

I've never really been good at range but i wish you luck man :mrgreen:!( I suggest you talk to Sharpe about archery)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 03:50:15 am »
+1
Ask people to help you out especially if you join a clan. People are definitely willing to help you out with blocking and attacking/footwork/chambering and anything you need help with. Seems you need the basics for now so just ask someone to help you out with blocking then move up to doing well in non handicapped duels and then learn how to handle battle/siege.

Having someone help you 1v1 is great. If you can't get anyone for whatever reason or they just can't help you at the time, a great backup is using the training in native singleplayer and just blocking the bots for as long as possible.

Good luck mang.

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 03:57:41 am »
+2
Oh forgot to mention i could train you in melee in NA_3! Not the best out there but im alright! Just ask me anytime

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 04:01:05 am »
+1
Oh forgot to mention i could train you in melee in NA_3! Not the best out there but im alright! Just ask me anytime

Mango is pretty good. Plus he's mango so.. double bonus.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 04:38:26 am »
I wish for serious advice on how to improve, not just cheap tactics to become minutely more viable.
Practice and patience man ! We've all been in your position, never feel doubtful for asking help. This community is rather helpful than "Hey noob you sux,i rox" kinda bullshit :)
Give yourself some time. It's like driving. Looks easy,relatively easy to learn but hard to master and once you got it, you never forget it. Practice & patience is the key. Don't go hard on yourself ! Try to watch good players and find yourself an idol.
I remember when i started this game , i've seen SeaRaider_Tor then it was insta love for me, i idolized his playing style ,i always wanted to be like him someday, he helped me a lot by advice and trainings yet I failed hard lol
I'll never be like him but trying to be like him made me somewhat average player (After 4 years, god i really am terrible at this game lol)

TL;DR: Go easy on yourself,observe good ones,don't give up , keep practice and enjoy the game . Fuck yeah enjoy the game should be the first priority !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 05:07:14 am »
+1
There are many styles of playing where intellect trumps twitch skill. Whatever you do, make a mental note or even a physical note for fighting execution (when players do X, I should try to do Y. I move my mouse L way with N timing to perform M technique, etc) and wise decisions you make  to help support your team (positioning, which teammates to help, etc.). It'll help you develop your style for what works.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 05:35:33 am »
There are many styles of playing where intellect trumps twitch skill. Whatever you do, make a mental note or even a physical note for fighting execution (when players do X, I should try to do Y. I move my mouse L way with N timing to perform M technique, etc) and wise decisions you make  to help support your team (positioning, which teammates to help, etc.). It'll help you develop your style for what works.

Go to duel server more often. ;.;

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 06:43:13 am »
+3
Add me on steam, sand_man_pb should do the trick. I'll teach you some stuff, like Mango suggested earlier. He's quite a good player if he's trying. I've got quite a bit of trouble dueling him, although I do use crutchtastic armour and weapons that are better suited to harvesting noobs than dueling an equally skilled opponent.

Besides that, when you die in NA1, don't alt-tab and look at bullshit. Watch players that you find are good, or kill you a lot. Try to analyze what they do. In fact, try pretending that you ARE that person. That's how I got better in a hurry when I first started. I found another polearm player that was constantly at the top of the boards, and I simulated their playstyle down to the slightest bit. After I got that down, I developed my own playstyle.

I would highly recommend against going archer if you want to "get good" at the game. Archery is a skill, sure enough, but melee is a larger portion of the game. Not to mention you'll be in melee at certain points as an archer or other ranged as well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:07:12 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?